main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Emilia Clarke (Qi'ra) in Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by starocean90, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    The nu-canon has shown that this is not the case. There have been multiple high-ranking Imperials introduced in various posts/roles. Also Emilia's character on GOT is also known for being quite ruthless (and even cruel at times) if she deems it necessary. So that could easily translate to a full-on villain.

2. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    She has indeed shown those qualities, but it's always been a righteous, principled and passionate ruthlessness, as opposed to the cold, calculated and purely power-interested ruthlessness of Imperial leaders.

But now that we've gotten on this subject, I really, really want to see Tilda Swinton as an Imperial officer:

[​IMG]

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  3. Blue 5

Blue 5 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2017
    I like Emilia Clarke, but being a big fan of Game of Thrones, it'll be hard not to see her as Daenerys.

I guess that is the curse sometimes for playing a main character in another prominent, established piece of fiction.

Padme501st and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  5. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    I wonder if she'll comb her fringe to the side like Felicity Jones in Rogue One? [face_thinking]

Blue 5 perhaps the absence of Blonde wig will help there, I think it's pretty integral to Daenerys' look.

Blue 5 likes this.
  6. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Mostly Handless and GregMcP like this.
  7. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Nice, I like it. It also makes her look a little bit older to (which is a good thing in this case imo).

Mostly Handless and Gigoran Monk like this.
  8. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    the official pic released confirms that's her hairstyle for the film.

9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Well... not necessarily. It's probably going to look similar to that, but nobody besides Chewbacca in that photo is actually in their movie costume, makeup, etc.

10. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    She wearing a wig still is possible. And there's a theory that maybe she will be a non-human because Jessica Henwick tried to the role even she was in TFA

11. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    they started to film yesterday. So that's not Alden's Han's hairstyle for the film. His hairstyle looks different than his usual look.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  12. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    By that rational than, I guess Woody Harrelson will be wearing a blue hoodie throughout the film?

13. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    the hairstyle isn't a wig, she wore it to premieres I wonder why she couldnt have her regular hair though for the film, all the SW ladies have similar hairstyles, expect Leia and Rey.

14. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    I'm 99% sure Alden is wearing his Han Solo wig in that pic.

15. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Yeah. Alden's hair does look straighter than his normal hair in that pic. More like Han Solo I think.

16. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    In fairness, that movie was written terribly.

17. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    SW-Rebels disagrees with you...

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Not to mention Grand Admiral Rae Sloane from the novels.

19. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001

I haven't watched Rebels, so thanks for that information. But didn't the writers of Rogue One tweet something about how Jyn and her multicultural group take on a white supremacist patriarchal organization? That would seem to indicate in the movies at least there's a belief that the Empire is a patriarchal organization.

I would still be really surprised if she ended up being a villain, just because the main female role in any action/sci-fi movie is 99% of the time the love interest of the hero. Thandie Newton might end up playing a villain.

20. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Spoiler-tagging for bandwidth:

[​IMG]

Minister Maketh Tua

[​IMG]

Governor Arihnda Pryce

[​IMG]

Captain Brunson. Note that she's also not white.

[​IMG]

An Imperial Inquisitor known only as "the Seventh Sister," voiced by Sarah Michelle Gellar of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" fame

21. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016

22. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Captain/Rear Admiral/Admiral Rae Sloane (who's also not white). The female Moff in the Lando comic. Moff Mors from Lords of the Sith, Ciena Ree from Lost Stars (also not white BTW), etc.

Basically it's ONLY the films that have the Imperials only be white guys. And there's no reason why it HAS to be that way. Heck even in TFA, FO had women/POC/WOC amongst there ranks (some of whom got actual dialogue as well).

Revanfan1 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  23. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    Even in the films I would really say that the Imperials ever come across as sexist whilst they obviously do come across as racist/anti alien at several points.

You could I spose say that if they really wanted to cast a young highly popular actress as a villain Clarke is perhaps a better fit than most having shown a harder edge on GoT. That would actually be quite an interesting direction to go although I tend to agree with the idea that its much more likely she's playing more of a femme fatal style rival to Han.

24. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    Sorry just wanted to post really quick.

Has it been confirmed that she is NOT playing some CGI alien?

25. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016

no but there's rumors about it because Jessica Henwick almost got the role even when she already played Jess Pava in TFA