main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Emilia Clarke (Qi'ra) in Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by starocean90, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Powerful Lord

Powerful Lord Jedi Knight star 1

May 10, 2015
    In japanese, Kira means Killer. And has been used for memorable characters in Death Note and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. I'm frankly not a fan of a Star Wars character being named Kira, since i know from then on, anyone watching or reading those stories will automaticaly associate the Star Wars character.

Lucillalin likes this.
  2. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Well it's a good job there's no character called Kira in the movie then.

Qi'ra

wobbits likes this.
  3. Lucillalin

Lucillalin Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 10, 2016
    Oh yes, Kira is a popular villainous name in manga, in Angel Sanctuary he was Lucifer...

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Looking forward to seeing what her character does in this movie.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Hopefully that shot of her staring is actually directly across from Lando staring. The second act's tension is the two of them staring at one another.

6. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    I really like the image released of her with the sweet cloak and the droid behind her. As far as new designs for droids, it’s tops to me. It’s a very cool, retro look. Basically, the visuals around her character from that image have me intrigued.

I don’t know anything about who she’s playing, but I hope she’s not a love interest that is an allegory for an evil Leia. Leia in white princess robes with C3P0 starts harsh and then warms up to him contrasted wth Kira in a harsh red cloak with evil C3P0 flirting with Han and then ultimately betraying him. If they go that route, fine, but it’s just so predictable. I’d rather her be something new that’s interesting all on her own.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    One Quarter Portion and wobbits like this.
  7. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
  8. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I hope it doesn't become a thing with these anthology movies where they introduce characters and they have to be killed off because they need to explain why they ain't in episode 4,5 and 6

9. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Yeah, I kinda hope she doesn't die. She's just not Han's partner or anything at the end. It's ridiculous to keep making new characters that they feel they need to kill, considering this story takes place in a galaxy, not a small town.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    SHEEZ UH BRUNETTE WITH TEH ORIGINUL NAME OF RAY!!!!!!!!

11. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    LOL yeah, I already saw a million "Qi'Ra and Han are Rey's parents!" articles. I think a lot of non hard core SW fans think Han and Leia broke up right after ROTJ, so in that timeline it's still plausible for Han to go back to her.

So from the trailer it looks like they grow up as childhood friends on the streets of Corellia, but then they're separated during the time jump during which she becomes quite wealthy and high status, and he gets kicked out of the army. But she joins up with his crew again when they meet up again so maybe something happens to her wealth/status. My guess is that something will go wrong with a heist at the end which will end in Lando being pissed at him and her dying. I sort of hope (as a Han/Leia fan) though that their relationship is over by the time she dies, because if she dies while they're still together, that'll kind of taint the Han/Leia romance by painting her as the "One Who Got Away".

Baron_Papanerd, Claire1976 and 11-4D like this.
  12. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I love:
    Her awesome red cape. Vader and Krennic would be proud in that regard. ;)

Also her dying would be so cheap and underwhelming and lazy.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    AhsokaSolo, wobbits and hermiona52 like this.
  13. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Agreed on her dying, but since we know Han, Lando and Chewie survive my guess is her and Woody Harrelson's character bite it to give the film some dramatic weight (there's never been a SW movie where no one important died, except ESB I guess?)

Oh great, the film isn't out yet and the "OMG Han and Qi'Ra are such a better couple than Han and Leia" has already started :rolleyes:

14. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Oh god no. :rolleyes:

Baron_Papanerd, Miriedis and unicorn like this.
  15. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Ugh, the least interesting thing about Qi-ra to me is how the trailer made it clear she exists to be a love interest. Color me disappointed in that.

Miriedis and wobbits like this.
  16. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    And funnily enough, many people would argue that that was the best SW movie to date, and that the "stakes" were plenty high. Hmm, interesting.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  17. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Why? Its a time of war. Players in wars die. Fact. Sad but true.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  18. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    All of the characters in these films live high stakes lives. Some of them succumbing to those stakes is the reality of the life these people all lead.

TK327, wobbits and KembaSkywalker like this.
  19. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    It lacks imagination since characters can come and go without the creative people involved feeling that you need to explain a characters lack of being there just so fans won't be asking why she had never appeared in the OT.

My feeling is that they could make her abit leia like, kill her off and then it explains Hans taste of women when he meets leia.

20. BadAcrobat

Apr 20, 2015
    Most of these characters only have ONE movie to be established as solid entries to the story. They are stand alone characters just like the movies themselves. They don't have 9 movies (spanning MANY years) to be explained and be important parts of the whole thing like characters in the Skywalker sags. If their deaths in the story add weight, closure and emotion to their short story arcs, its a necessary and welcome tragedy. RO, great example. we knew they all died, had to, and they did. That movie certainly packed an emotional punch at the end. It certainly does not lack imagination.

Anyway - where is the proof she dies? That is all hearsay and fan predictions at this stage.

21. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    There is no proof, I was just speculating at the possibility that any main character who has a some connection with certain characters from the OT may not live through the film.

22. Miriedis

Miriedis Jedi Master star 3

May 23, 2015
    Apparently, according to that Elle article, their pairing sill "Change your mind about Han/Leia"

And part of me is just LAUGHING because Dany/Jon was one of the blandest romances I've ever seen in a television show. Emilia isn't a terribly strong actress if she doesn't have a good partner to play off, so I'm worried about her here.

And the other part of me is annoyed that her character is just going to be thrown into some kind of pre/post-movie "love triangle" with Han and Leia. Even though I'm not terribly fond of Emilia, Qi'ra deserves better. And NOTHING will top "I love you. I know." Nothing.

23. BadAcrobat

Apr 20, 2015
    Some people just need to get a life. All this negativity. I hope you don't practice what you preach to your children.

24. Miriedis

Miriedis Jedi Master star 3

May 23, 2015
    Also...Qi'ra's character poster makes me think she needs a poodle skirt and a tray of milkshakes. She REALLY looks like a 1950s/60s bopper. I'm not 100% sure I like it yet.

25. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    It's just lazy honestly. "Oh these characters aren't in the OT. So rather than trust that our audience has even a monicum of intelligence or common sense, lets just kill off all of the new characters because we lack the creativity to explain their absence from the OT in any other way, of we feel the need to explain their absence at all rather than trusting our audience."

Sorry, that's going to get really boring and predictable really quickly if they make it a trend.

Honeslty, I DIDN'T have much of an emotional reaction to the deaths in RO even.

11-4D likes this.