main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Emilia Clarke (Qi'ra) in Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by starocean90, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Who Qi'ra?
    Now if you said she's a clone made from Anakin's hand...

2. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    I'm hoping Qi'ra will be the canon version of Bria Tharen especially after reading the Han Solo trilogy.

3. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015
    Could be the James Bond Scenario, where he was betrayed by the one woman he ever fell in love with. From then on he has a general mistrust and underlying hatred of women. He still has relations with them, but they're nothing more than tools for him to use for his own amusement and pleasure. But underneath he still secretly hopes one day he can find someone who will make him feel that type of love again.

Qi'ra betrays him,after he's finally willing to commit to her.From that point on he's cynical of all women,thinking of them as nothing more than flings or one night stands, until he meets a certain Princessthat reawakens in him feelings he thought he had dispensed with years earlier. His feelings toward Leia in ANH or more or less antagonistic,and vice versa. His "Princess and a guy like me" line is his attempt to get rise out of Luke when he sees that Luke has a torch for her. By the time we see them again, 3 years have passed,and obviouslt Han's feelings have changed quite a bit. Not to mention at this point it would've been 8 years since Qi'ra's betrayal or death. Enough time to finally get over it perhaps.

wobbits likes this.
  4. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    The more it shows in the trailers and tv spots the more I'm agreeing with the possibility that Qi'ra will double-cross Han, and/or betray Han, or use him somehow against his "moral" compass.

5. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    it's possible. I'm looking forward to reading about their "history" in "Most Wanted" that comes out when the movie does in a couple of weeks.

6. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Qira isn't sugar coated in this movie apparently, she is played off abit more like the love of Hans life. which could bother some fans.

7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    His first love. High school sweetheart and all that. Often not a true love. That’s Leia. Should Han’s life before the OT be frozen in carbonite because fans can’t handle him having made earlier mistakes?

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    unicorn and wobbits like this.
  8. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    From the sound of it
    They ain't together by the end because they can't be together.

I don't know whether that means if there is a sequel she will return or not.

9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    There Will Be Sequels.

10. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    I dunno, from what I'm reading, they're not together at the end because she chooses to be a crimelord over being with him. Doesn't sound star-crossed, it sounds like she rejects him.

11. littlepadawan91

littlepadawan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    Where are you guys finding spoilers?

Can you post them here?

12. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    From what i read because she was emotionally groomed by crimelords she doesn't feel she can ever escape that life and even though Han says they can leave together she turns him down

DarthRosie likes this.
  13. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    If Qi'ra is such an affront to Leia, then where is all the outrage defending Han over Leia's first boyfriend?

Bor Mullet likes this.
  14. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Hey if they ever made a young Leia movie you can bet she will have her own love interest

15. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    She already has one in the canon novel Princess Leia of Alderaan by Claudia Gray.

unicorn and AhsokaSolo like this.
  16. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    I don't know what you mean by "emotionally groomed" but Qi'ra is an adult and from what I have read, she chooses to take over. She has her own agency and makes an informed decision based on what she wants for her life.

And it was a wonderful teen romance with betrayal and love as well. Both Han and Leia in ANH are not romantically naive. These are adults with pasts, even though Leia became an adult earlier than most given her circumstances. That novel did a wonderful job showing why she was wise beyond her years at such an early age.

17. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Well the phrase i read was

"She get’s taken in by crime bosses who abuse the crap out of her. She can never escape them."

"It was very clear Qi’ra and Han were IN LOVE, she was just groomed for villainy and couldn’t escape her abusers"

I used the word "emotionally" because i thought it sounded better then abused

This is apparently an issue someone had with her arc, that it didn't feel resolved. she was broken and that was that.

DarthRosie likes this.
  18. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    This take sounds like hot garbage to me. Plot point-wise, from what I read, she takes over for Vos. That's a choice. If Vos is supposedly her abuser, well he dies. I'm personally doubting that LF went with abuse on the female lead two movies in a row. I bet Howard is sophisticated enough to grant agency to his female lead.

19. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I could definitely see this making Han cynical about romance. This version of the events sounds alot better than the one I saw from someone who viewed it through the lenses of a certain 'ship.

AhsokaSolo likes this.
  20. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    She was a victim when she got taken, but when she's 21 and chooses to kill Vos with Han, and then take over Vos' former position and work for Darth Maul when Han is offering a way out she's a grown woman making her own decision.

That person's interpretation seems to vastly differ from the interpretation of the person I saw, they said their interpretation was that Han was crazy in love with her, and she liked him but she had her own agenda and decided that pursuing her agenda of climbing to the top of the crime syndicate ladder was more important than her relationship with Han. She rejected Han, so she isn't the one for him, or she would have chosen to be with him.

wobbits and AhsokaSolo like this.
  21. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    Does your source know how old she is when she joins the crime syndicate?

22. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    She's 18 when she gets taken by Vos' gangsters, Han is unable to save her, the next time he sees her it's 3 years later and she's in a relationship with Vos and a high ranking lieutenant with Vos' crime organization. She tells Han she wants to get rid of Vos and they plot together to kill Vos and then run off together, but then after they kill Vos she says she's going to take over his former position instead.

23. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I read she leaves to work for crime boss Maul at the end.

24. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    Yeah this sounds awesome. I was most afraid of how her character would be treated in this movie, and dag, I'm really excited about this.

This makes it sound like she was, at least partially, using Han. Get it girl! [face_laugh]

Bor Mullet and wobbits like this.
  25. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    Gotta say, I kind of love we see a movie where the female character picks her career over the handsome guy. I was worried Qi'ra was just going to be a standard love interest who gets fridged for manpain but it seems like she's got her own things going on. And it contrasts with his later relationship with Leia where she leaves the Rebellion for him.

The "boss" Vos is referenced as working for several times in the movie but no named is Maul. So when Qi'ra takes over Vos' position, she now reports to Maul.

Bor Mullet, wobbits and AhsokaSolo like this.