main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Felicity Jones (Jyn Erso) in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by starocean90, Mar 13, 2015.

1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    [​IMG]

So what role will the female lead play in the first standalone movie???
    and is she The Lead of the movie???

2. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Given that she's the first cast member announced I'd say she's the titular "Rogue One"

BigAl6ft6 and starocean90 like this.
  3. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Mira Antilles, daughter of Wedge Antilles. Leader of Rogue Squadron (I think that this will be set post-ROTJ, so Wedge himself may be either dead or retired by that point).

4. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I wonder how many movies she signed on???

@Thrawn082
    or her father Wedge is MIA, which is why she joins the Rogues.;)

5. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    It'd certainly be a plausible way to get around Denis Lawson's, decided lack of interest in returning.

starocean90 likes this.
  6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Official

starocean90 likes this.
  7. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

I think she is the lead, but not because she is announced first - rather that they made this big announcement now with only Jones cast.

starocean90 likes this.
  8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I want to hope this is the case, but I'm not going to have my heart set on it just yet. They didn't say she was the lead or even "female lead" , just that she was the "first actress cast", which says to me she may not be. A major character? Yes, I think she will be.

I really hope I'm wrong as I would LOVE to have a pilot movie with female carrying the film, I just don't have that much faith in Hollywood at the moment.

9. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  10. AllAboutThatMace

AllAboutThatMace Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 2, 2014
    Honestly the title Rogue One for some reason makes me think this is about the start of the squadron. If Wedge shows up (which I hope he does) I'd expect it to be as a green recruit rather than a seasoned vet.

I expect Felicity to be playing a new character rather than someone from legends or the comics, just for maximum accessibility purposes--as the first spin-off there's a lot riding on this, and I'm sure Disney wants to avoid any impression that this is strictly for diehard fans or that you have to come into it with more than a basic knowledge of Star Wars.

All that said, I do very much like that the first announced casting (and, by all accounts I've seen, the apparent lead) is a woman. Say what you will about Disney, they've never been afraid to put a female lead front and center.

11. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Felicity Jones is the first actress/actor cast in a non SW Saga/Episodic movie.=D=

12. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Its hard to say at this point on what her placement is. Iger said she had "a starring role" so she is obviously a lead. As far as if she is the main character I can't say for sure.

Some people have said the only reason she was announced was that the trades already broke it. Honestly, I don't think it matters much: It looks to me we are probably dealing with another 2 male/1 female lead ensemble again....

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    She'll play the wife of a crippled pilot played by Daniel Radcliff. He's a quadriplegic who plays a mean kazoo. Mr. Radcliff will win an Oscar for his sensitive portrayal of Captain Heven Stawking.

Dark Lady Mara likes this.
  14. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    have fun with that one did ya?

15. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    For some reason I get the feeling star wars is going to have more "strong female leads" than "basic male leads"

cerealbox likes this.
  16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    No :(

17. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire....I want to see a movie that shows a young Wedge and his first group of rebel pilots who leave their safe lives and sign up for these suicide missions against Palpatine's forces. Daredevils. Underdogs. Long shots. Lots of in-fighting, anxiety and struggle. Piecing together X-wings from scrap and in secret. Testing their skills and their resolve. Facing their fears. Like THE RIGHT STUFF in space.

ThreeDeathstickProblem and Sarge like this.
  18. kegs202

kegs202 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    I'm really happy about the casting of Felicity Jones in this movie. I've been watching her work for a good few years now and not only is she incredibly beautiful she is a wonderful actress. I first seen her in the TV series 'Cape Wrath' (known in the US as meadowlands) where she really stood out. Then she starred in 'Flashbacks of a fool' which was a fantastic movie. Not yet seen 'the theory of everything' but she's getting great reviews for it.

19. AllAboutThatMace

AllAboutThatMace Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 2, 2014

Male leads have outnumbered female leads in literally every Star Wars movie and show up to now, from the OT and PT to Clone Wars and Rebels, and as far as we know the Force Awakens three leads follows the "2 dudes and 1 woman" pattern of the OT. Hard to know how this film will shake out, but even if it does have more female leads than male ones that will be the first time it's ever happened in Star Wars, which can hardly be considered a trend

GrimdarkRose likes this.
  20. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    She's incredibly talented and beautiful to boot. She'd make a great Leia IMO. Rogue One? John Knoll? Who's writing Knoll's idea....Kinberg?

starocean90 likes this.
  21. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I doubt she's Leia.
    Garry Whitta was the first writer and now the writer is Chris Weitz.

Immortiss likes this.
  22. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Saw Felicity Jones in person at a Q&A screening for Theory of Everything last year. Incredibly nice actress. So glad that she will soon have her own SW action figure! :)

23. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    I wanna see some serious space battles and dog fights. Yeah!

24. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
  25. NoSuchThingAsLuck

NoSuchThingAsLuck Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 30, 2014
    She pleases my eyes.

TX-20 and Import_Jedi like this.