main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Felicity Jones (Jyn Erso) in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by starocean90, Mar 13, 2015.

1. raefinnpoe

raefinnpoe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    from what i saw from the behind the scenses stuff i saw it sure looked more war based then action/adventure to me.

2. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Looks like both. Unlike Pevra, I think such a hybrid is perfectly doable. Though there are dangers involved in all attempts at multi-disciplinarity.

Deerborne and Revanfan1 like this.
  3. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    History has shown that movies that try to bring too much into the mix end up coming off as distracting and confusing.

4. raefinnpoe

Dec 18, 2015
    godfather 2 has a lot of unresolved points that could be constued as 'distracting and confuing' (did fredo leave the drapes open in micheals bedroom? who killed the 2 hitmen? why would the rossato brothers implicate micheal while trying to kill pantengili? were they intentionally going to blow it so roth could get frankie to turn on micheal? but its considered one of the best sequals of all time.

5. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    What does that have to do with the topic at hand?

Nobody was talking about unresolved plot-points, we were talking about tonal differences.

6. raefinnpoe

Dec 18, 2015
    someone was talking about confusing and distracting.

is it really confusing and distracting if the movie isnt a 100 percent happy or a 100 percent dark?

ESB is overall a dark film which also has light moments (han's banter with threepio and leia) and optimisim (lukes training with yoda) and i dont find anyone complaining about that movie.

7. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    ^We were talking about different genres...

And by the way - ESB isn't a dark movie, I still don't understand why so many fans say this. ESB is just an extremely good movie with one of the most unexpected plot twists of all time.

8. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    ESB is definitely a dark movie in comparison to the others, but to me its more serious in tone too. Heroes defeated at every turn, Luke with no hand, Han captured, the Rebels are on the run, Vaders the father. Great stuff.

But back to Felicity, I've not seen her in anything before, but I notice shes in a couple of movies before R1 comes out, in particular Inferno which I will go to see. At the moment I've made no assumptions on her possible R1 performance based on the very small clips we've seen so far.

9. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    Well it's a movie about deep struggle. Han being frozen into carbonite is easily one of the darkest moment of the OT though, but the other examples are just about struggle. Hands get cut off in every SW film. Nevertheless, great stuff indeed. :)

10. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    the good guys lose, hence "dark". (am i really having to say this?)

11. raefinnpoe

Dec 18, 2015
    ESB isnt a dark movie?

12. Deerborne

Deerborne Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2015
    Compared to the other two films, tonally, it is. It ends on a very uncertain note with one character frozen in carbonite, possibly dead, and another with his arm hacked off. As thejeditraitor said, the good guys lose.

Revanfan1 and thejeditraitor like this.
  13. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    I suppose it's dark when you compare it with ANH and ROTJ, but not with movies in general.

14. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Ha

Gosh that looks miserable filming it - look at the crew with the heavy duty gear in contrast with poor Felicity who seem to not only be getting soaked, but rocket blasted. That's a treadmill she's crawling on too, I gather..

And yeah - remember how people were worried about Daisy's acting based on her dialogue in the trailer? I could dig around and find some comments like 'SOMEONE's not good at ADR" or such thing and we know how that worked out. I will wait til I see the film before I decide what to think of the acting..

15. raefinnpoe

Dec 18, 2015

compared to movies today its probably not that dark in tone but in 1980 it was pretty unusual for the good guy to lose in movies.
    i remember reading the first TFA trailer thread, the one where the only dialagoue you hear is snoke, and they had already determined boyega was an awful actor based on him standing up in the desert.

16. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    For those that have seen the Celebration trailer.....
    Did anyone else get a major "Elizabeth Shaw" (Prometheus) vibe from Felicity?"

17. raefinnpoe

Dec 18, 2015

since i havent seen the movie, is that good or bad?

18. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Could be good or bad, it depends what they do with her character.

raefinnpoe likes this.
  19. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    These last 2 pages were painful to read. It's Star Wars, not Saving Ryan's Privates. Stop comparing Star Wars and other things. It's just Star Wars. The line delivery argument is null and void because we have no context. We see a 2nd trailer and all of a sudden Felicity Jones can't act? Wtf is going on? At least we don't have to wait as long for R1 as we do VIII....

20. raefinnpoe

Dec 18, 2015
    its the same thing going on about daisy a year ago. pretty much put to rest on that front.

have the feeling doubts about felicity. will be put pretty much to rest in about a 107 days.

21. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    It happens to most actors and actresses who are taking on roles that they're not particularly well-known (or known at all even) for doing in the past.

22. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Sure, Die Hard looks OK, but I just can't buy the guy from Moonlighting in an action role. Bad casting, IMHO.

23. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    "Heath Ledger cannot play a psychotic murderer, he's too nice a guy and has never done it before."

"Anthony Hopkins, the good doctor from The Elephant Man? How is he supposed to play a murderous cannibal?"

24. raefinnpoe

Dec 18, 2015
    'oj simpson is not believable as the teriminator cause no one will buy him as a killer'

25. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    The juice is loose.

raefinnpoe likes this.