main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Grand Moff Tarkin (Guy Henry and Peter Cushing) in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Bosskkkk, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Bosskkkk

Bosskkkk Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 18, 2012
    Most likely a stand in, but from the clothes and demeanor, it's most likely him ...

[​IMG]

2. Bosskkkk

Bosskkkk Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 18, 2012
    (however, it's possible it's not him after all ... as he's not wearing slippers*)

*extra points of you get the ref/joke ;)

3. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I think that's whoever is standing in for him, yes. I think you can also see Jan Dodonna's stand-in next to Bail. I think they're using CG or old (possibly unused) footage from ANH, possibly a combo of the two on actors that look similar to the originals.

4. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Hm, maybe!

5. TROR

TROR Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    I hope so. I hope Bail's in it, too. However, if this is him, maybe it's just me, but it looks like he's taking orders from Ben Mendlesohn's character, which seems strange to me.

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Man if CGI Cushing actually works and is a thing, does this mean we'll finally get Casablanca 2?!

7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    To me it looks like it could be some kind of test conducted by Krennic for the Imperial higher ups who are all gathered around Tarkin. Great shot!

8. ProfessorNutbudder

ProfessorNutbudder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 1, 2003
    That's what I get from it too. I don't take Tarkin being ordered around from this shot at all.

I know likes this.
  9. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    For me, it's not so much he's taking orders as saying "come on Krennic show me what this battle station can do!"

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  10. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    I pinged Stephen Stanton to see if that is him. He voices Tarkin on Rebels and the Clone Wars. Having him be the stand in with a CGI likeness of Peter Cushing is being rumored.

11. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    I hope that's him. That'd be great. Yeah it does look like Tarkin is being shown what the station could do rather then him being given orders.

As to answer the question that bosskkk asked that joke is because the original Tarkin actor didn't want to wear the boats so he wore slippers on set? something like that.

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    How dare you refer to Peter Cushing as "the original Tarkin actor". How. Dare. You.

13. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i wonder who outranks who. Krennic or Tarkin.

14. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Looks a bit of a standoff. The Moffs and Admirals vs the Director.

I would bet that it is Tarkin.
    This is the game Garth has played alot in both the Trailer and this BTS.
    Throw in sneaky half hidden characters, to get exactly this response "Is that....?"

Which is fine by me.

And the whole damn movie seems to be ANH cameos.
    Which again is fine by me.

15. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Isn't that Guy Henry standing in for the cgi Tarkin? He was rumoured to be in the film almost as far back as when they announced a cgi Tarkin.

16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Tarkin. Krennic is a scientist working for Tarkin.

17. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I don't know....[face_thinking]

That doesn't really look like Tarkin to me....o_O

I can't really put a finger on it, but it doesn't seem like such a slam-dunk possibility, like the pic of Bail. I actually don't understand how some on here are so sure it's him. I just can't do it....[face_dunno]

18. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Krennic isn't a scientist, he's the director of Imperial Intelligence.

Gesendet von meinem GT-P3110 mit Tapatalk

Count Dood likes this.
  19. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Thank you for creating this thread. I noticed this the second time I viewed the reel, and I'm almost positive that is Tarkin. Tarkin is such an important figure in the Imperial hierarchy, and plays such an important role in the creation of the Death Star that he just has to be in this film, in some capacity, even if only briefly. To me, there's just something present in that shot that really convinces me it's Tarkin; maybe because the resemblance is uncanny?

The CGI rumor has been around for awhile, but I'm sure we'll be treated to a combination of CGI, stand-ins, and perhaps makeup.

I think it's also safe to say that both Bail Organa and Jan Dodonna are in this, too, based on extremely brief glimpses in this reel. The character that is supposedly Dodonna can be briefly glimpsed in the original Rogue One teaser, but I think we get a better look at him in this sizzle reel.

Immortiss likes this.
  20. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I'm hoping we see the technician who asked Luke if he wanted a new droid right before the DS battle.

Bloncket likes this.
  21. SoloBrothers

SoloBrothers Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2013
    Stephen Stanton has been teasing images of himself in a Tarkin uniform recently. I don't know if it means anything, but it could be significant

DBPirate and DaddlerTheDalek like this.
  22. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Almost certainly Tarkin. Same hairstyle, forehead, not wearing a cap. My favorite villain is back. So ridiculously excited.

23. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Really?? I thought I was the only one that really rates this guy...

If the galaxy far far away had their version of the Nuremberg trials after the war ended - He would have been public enemy number 1! (If he survived)

Destroying a planet?? Brutal!

TooMuchBBQ likes this.
  24. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    You thought you were the only one that thought Tarkin was a great villain? I assure you. There are millions that think so.

At least, I think there are...

In any event, Tarkin is one reason why ANH ranks right alongside ESB for me. He's just such a perfect bad guy.

25. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    "Really rates" as in favourite! I know people rate him... It's just usually everyone prefers Vader or Palpatine. I always though Tarkin was the best villain :cool: