main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - December 16, 2016

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by boomx2sjk, Mar 12, 2015.

Tags:
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003

[​IMG]

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Probably a minor character but he really does look great. One of the things I love most about Star Wars is how much detail is put into minor and even background characters.

3. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Zuvio me once, shame on you. Zuvio me twice, shame on me.

I won't be Zuvioed again.

That said, Zuvio got an action figure, but he never got the featured character treatment at cons, as this guy's getting. All the TFA characters, including the minor ones, we saw at Celebration and at SDCC last year ended up in the film (including Bobbajo, and the thugs that try to steal BB-8 from Rey). So, I have hope...

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Shazbot, Zuvio was such a brilliant design...

5. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Jesus, this movie has amazing designs.

JabbatheHumanBeing and Avnar like this.
  6. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    When people talk about the "Star Wars Aesthetic" this design (above) has it in spades... Brilliant!!

p.s - Force Smuggler I think it will be Vader himself that will get "Phasma'ed or Zuvio'ed" And by that I mean he won't get nearly as much screen time as people think he will! :cool:

7. raefinnpoe

raefinnpoe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    id rather be phasmaed then mauled.......

8. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    As in - make it out of just 1 film??

The character design that I still shake my head thinking how underused they were in the films is Aurra Sing! Great design - Should have replaced Zam Wessell!

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm honestly not expecting to see Vader all that much. Twice max. First time halfway through the movie learning what was going on and at the end, killing the rebels.

Satipo likes this.
  10. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Yeah me too... That way I will not be disappointed. And if he does get more screen time I will consider it a bonus!

11. Xinau

Xinau Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2015

I think the term you're looking for is "Godzilla'ed" :p

Avnar and Force Smuggler like this.
  12. raefinnpoe

Dec 18, 2015

yeah i mean i thought the point of her ep 1 cameo was should be back. nope.

EDIT: if vader has 2 only 2 scenes and one of them is killing a bunch of rebels, im down with that.

13. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    Fine. But personally, I much prefer this:

[​IMG]

I think that's the best thing about that film...

14. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    We'll see the edge of a black cape, or a boot and.... cut away to somewhere else in the action.

I kind of want into happen. It would be enjoyably infuriating. It'll get people posting up a storm, both hating it and rationalising it.

Do it Gareth. I know you are busy editing now. It's late at night and most of your staff have gone home. Have another beer and do it.

15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Under normal circumstances I would be ticked but this would make for some great fun.

16. raefinnpoe

Dec 18, 2015
    vader could have a half breathing sound and he'd still have more screentime then godzilla did.

17. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I never noticed this before, but if you zoom in you can see droplets of moisture clinging to the Death Troopers' armor. And this is why I'll always prefer they film in real places, you can't have an environment spontaneously and genuinely interacting with the actors and props and whatever if you're on a stage in front of a green tarp.

18. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    There's only so much screen time you can give to a giant lizard.

Darth Nave, DL44Jo, Deerborne and 2 others like this.
  19. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    Thank you. My new signature.

DL44Jo, GregMcP and EHT like this.
  20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Words to live by, really.

21. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    When is SDCC and what are the chances we'll get a Rogue One trailer?

22. raefinnpoe

Dec 18, 2015
    i expect to see godzilla in my godzilla movie..........though i guess the 98 version could have done without him. or without the movie itself.

whats more when the godzilla movie is godzilla fighting other monsters rather then just stomping or burning cities, i dont expect opposing monsters to have about 4 x the amount of screen time as he does..........they should just have called the movie 'mutos: a love story'

back on topic, its really interesting seeing all the different amounts of envionments for rogue one in these pictures. i doubt we'll get to say 'wow this movie was boring'

23. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Pretty sure this is the moment that Krennic's squad realise there should be a kid at this homestead (maybe Jyn has been watching from hiding as they take her father) and she is forced to run - you can see young Jyn leaping from rocks (probably into water) in the BTS reel.

Also, Edrio Two Tubes appears to be on Jeddha going from the set behind him and is confirmed as part of Saw's crew - so maybe it's his partisans that attack that Imperial patrol (and also it's possible Jyn and Andor are on Jeddha looking for Saw).

24. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Still don't get it? It's a vehicle, not something that belongs to the planet itself. It's really pointless to having to explain something this simple over and over and oven again.

You could put a Star Destroyer in New York city. Does that make New York an alien city?

25. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    You're being too literal. It's about creating an environment.