main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - December 16, 2016

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by boomx2sjk, Mar 12, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Why do people think that’s Biggs? The moustache? He’s much more heavyset and a fair bit older than the actor in ANH. Now Porkins, I can buy.

Is that the one who talks like Danny Dyer but, you know, is actually capable of acting?

2. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Because this
    [​IMG]

Merrick Simms likes this.
  3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

And the Mustache ....Never underestimate the power of the Mustache.

4. raefinnpoe

raefinnpoe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    love the EW cover.

Jid123Sheeve likes this.
  5. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
  6. Big Boss

Big Boss Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 16, 2015
    'much more heavy set' LMAO
    they look extremely similar - they are different actors, obviously - but theres really not much to tell them a part.
    well done Mr Edwards.

also, so Scarif will no doubt be infiltrated by the Rogue One crew? is that possibly where those scenes with Krennic and Vader take place as well (iirc the trailer showed a scene with Vader and dusty kind of smoke entered, similar colours to that of Scarif)?

for a movie sitting at around 2 hours (just over) they seem to be fitting a lot into it.
    the battle at Jedha going on with Saw and his group of extremists. the battle at the beach planet (or is this Jedha/Scarif?) with the AT-ACT's. the battle above Scarif. anyone wana guess the chronology of events? it seems Scarif will be shown fairly early on, what with Jyn/Cassian/etc being shown there, with the Storm/Sand troopers being in those tanks as well. after that im guessing we'll get flashbacks with the Jyn and family history. then no doubt a few scenes on the Death Star. then over to Jedha with RO crew helping Saw and crew. then the battle at Scarif to possibly wipe out the weapons facilities there that may facilitate the Death Star being activated? or maybe thats where Galen is?

im also starting to think more and more that Vader is going to be sent in to hunt down Krennic, whom is going to go power-mad and become a rogue to the Empire as he thinks he harnesses the Ultimate PowAH of the Death Star.

7. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    after I see the movie on opening day I am going over to FYE and picking up the soundtrack!!!

TX-20 likes this.
  8. raefinnpoe

raefinnpoe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    are all you guys from boston?

cause thats how we pronouce 'powah' here...no r's in boston!

CEB likes this.
  9. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Sure looks like Bigg's helmet to me, exciting stuff. Always been a big fan rebel pilots, even if we don't see much of them. Looks like this film will give us some new cool pilots as well as a couple familiar ones.

10. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016

He has an Essex accent so it's close to Dyer's proper cockney accent yes. But as you say, Mays is a proper acter and can do many different accents. Danny Dyer can only do Danny Dyer lol.

11. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Tarkin gets serious CGI work.
    Bigs gets a fake mo.

B99 likes this.
  12. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Wow, Gareth really knows how to get lookalike actors to play familiar characters in Rogue One (as well as bringing back the original Mon Mothma and Bail Organa actors for this movie)... This new fellow and the original Biggs actor really have an uncanny resemblance to each other, I must say - all the way to the hairstyle and mustache! =D= :cool:

13. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I wonder how Galen gets his message to Jyn when they are at the Eadu station? Does Jyn break in and speak to him or does he tell her with his last dying breath?

14. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Has there been new info regarding Tarkin's CGI?

15. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    This old dude dont look like Biggs to me.
    Dream cast:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

16. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    [​IMG]

:eek: I think this is hardly a coincidence. This is great news for everybody who always disliked the Luke-Biggs encounter at Toshi Station on Tatooine as it should be rather obvious that either Biggs couldn't be in two different places at the same (Yavin IV and Tatooine) or was lying the whole time to Luke (amazing he found the time after Rogue One to travel to Tatooine in what now looks retroactively as an attempt to recruit Luke). :rolleyes:

But this is actually not why I came to this thread today. I haven't done my homework regarding one particular scene, so maybe somebody can answer my question: What I saw in the trailers seems to suggest that Iceland is the home of Galen Erso and family, and that the scene with Krennic and his Death Troopers takes place in the past while Jyn was still a little girl playing with stromtrooper dolls, 20 years prior to events in ANH? [face_dunno]

[​IMG]

17. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    Speaking of deathtroopers... I saw these badass fellas while walking around Xujiahui shopping district in Shanghai today... It must part of an extensive marketing campaign here in China. I took a few photos and wanted to share them with you guys!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DL44Jo, TX-20, Xinau and 3 others like this.
  18. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    No. Jyn character just younger than Felicity Jones.
    She was born 21 BBY.

Lt. Hija likes this.
  19. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    So there's a six year gap between ROTS and the little Jyn flashback. Plenty of time for the first Stormtroopers to start replacing the Clonetroopers.

Lt. Hija likes this.
  20. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    Thanks for the headsup. So ultimately the Death Trooper will have already seen extensive service time by the time of ANH, that should take care of a few continuity concerns.

And I can't say I dislike that the standard OT Imperial uniform has been around for so long. :)

21. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    The thing about the Death Trooper is that it looks like just being a one-off, unique design. We have only seen six in the same place at the same time and always in Krennic's company. They are, it looks like, his personal bodyguard and once they are gone, (which they will be at the end of the movie) they are gone for good.

Lt. Hija and nightangel like this.
  22. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    Yeah, the deathtroopers will be too widely associated with Krennic's failure after R1.

23. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    So another day,, any news on tickets in US?

24. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS Rogue One SPOILER Pics! Part 99

25. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Nope, I thought they may try some EW synergy and use the current issue to usher in ticket sales, but with each passing day it looks more and more likely that it's going to be the Thanksgiving special that does it.

B99 likes this.