main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - December 16, 2016

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by boomx2sjk, Mar 12, 2015.

Tags:
  1. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014

Or maybe it was, but it was destroyed by the Death Star when it attacked Scarif. :p

2. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I think the ending we got was more powerful and the right way to go, but anyone who survived RO could have been off doing other things during the OT.

3. Dr_Cthulhu

Dr_Cthulhu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2015
    Had they survived, I have no doubt that the Alliance would have brought them back for the important missions in Return of the Jedi. Why risk Luke or Leia in rescuing Solo when both Jyn and Cassian have experience in infiltration and extraction? Given Jyn's prior criminal activity, she might even have contacts in the Tatooine underworld that would help with their infiltration. I think a more plausible alternative was that they were captured for interrogation, and remained imprisoned through the O.T.

The only thing in the alternate ending I liked was the fact that the plans were transmitted to the Tantive IV, tying in nicely with Vader's accustation (in an early draft of A New Hope) that "transmissions were beamed to this ship by spies, who are now unfortunately dead." Leia's ship was not tethered to the Profundity but lurking in the edge of the system.

4. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Random thought, but the new visual dictionaries are canon, right? I just read through the one for Rogue One, and it uses a lot of Legends materials, names and classifications, including mentioning the ANH temples as belonging to the Massassi civilization, the Z-95 and the designation between the Imperial-I and Imperial-II class Star Destroyers, which I believed had been an EU-only until now.

5. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Pablo and the Story Group seem to be using the EU reboot to follow the template of TCW: integrate the material from Legends into the larger fabric wherever appropriate.

Revanfan1, Ricardo Funes and CT1138 like this.
  6. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015

Now they are back in canon since mentioned in the official Visual Dictionary. Everything mentioned in the new books is canon.

CT1138 likes this.
  7. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Seems like every story decision made was a solid one. Jyn and Cassian surviving, and Jyn's mom being a Jedi, would have both led to a weaker film with a much more limp thematic resonance.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Jyn's mom being a Jedi... and then running out to histrionically commit suicide... would have been an atrocity. "That boy is our last hope" "No. There is another". "No, there was another but she unreasonably ran out in front of some blaster fire". "That boy is our last hope".

9. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    [​IMG] Leia, Gareth is trying to seduce your frozen boyfriend!

Gigoran Monk and Ricardo Funes like this.
  10. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  11. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
  12. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  13. BenYodaDagobah

Feb 20, 2016
    Ha. I'm watching that video right now and was just about to post it. It's really good.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  14. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    It's very cool, but the hard work of making this a seamless edit really goes to Edwards and his crew for making RO fit into ANH so well... as a video made by a fan, their job was easy. Also, this is only technically OK to post today since the digital version became available today. ;)

16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Why won't they tell us how the verison of the clip of Jyn and tie fighter ended??

17. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Surely he means Lucasfilm here, rather than Lucas himself? :confused:

18. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014

Kinda Pointless video.. lol

Although didn't notice the Tie Reaper..

19. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  20. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  21. BenYodaDagobah

Feb 20, 2016
    Simple: it's a seprequel

PCCViking and Lulu Mars like this.
  22. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I don't think it has an ending. It was just a cool visual for the promotional material.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  23. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    A sprequel!

24. Dr_Cthulhu

Dr_Cthulhu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2015
    And Rogue One just received a Hugo nomination. It will be tough beating critical darling Arrival, though. The award will be handed out at the 75th World Science Fiction Convention on August 11.

25. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I thought I was going to love Arrival. And frankly, I found it shallow and trite compared to Rogue One. I think the latter will go down in film history as critically very underrated.

Darth__Lobot likes this.