main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Ron Howard to Finish Han Solo film

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth Chiznuk , Jun 22, 2017.

1. Corellian Blue

Corellian Blue Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 21, 2017
  2. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    Don't they know what "dignity" is?

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, no kidding. Real classy... SMH. Not only did they pick that to work with, but I'm guessing they'll be trying to play up the tongue-in-cheek Han Solo references (much more than the actual source material ever intended to have) as much as possible. Geez.

11-4D likes this.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Their careers are shot first.

Strongbow, Artoo-Dion and EHT like this.
  5. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    The studio would be like "So you wanna make a space smuggler film?"

L&M: "Exactly"

[​IMG]

6. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

Apparently not?

7. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    This one's from yesterday. I start every work week thinking, "This has to be the week they finish filming Han Solo," and every week I'm consistently met with disappointment.

https://twitter.com/realronhoward

8. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Guess there Still Filming. I bet this movie comes out later then May, May be late Summer or December?
    Ron Howard‏Verified account @RealRonHoward 30m30 minutes ago
    Follow Following Unfollow Blocked Unblock Pending Cancel
    More

• Copy link to Tweet
    • Embed Tweet
    • Mute @RealRonHoward
    • Unmute @RealRonHoward
    • Mute this conversation
    • Unmute this conversation
    • Block @RealRonHoward
    • Unblock @RealRonHoward
    • Report Tweet
    • Add to other Moment
    • Add to new Moment
    Director's monitor. Turns out Smuggling has its stressful moments in the #Galaxypic.twitter.com/yFmbo8OdR1
    [​IMG]

9. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Oh man, now my nostalgia button is getting pushed all over again.

Can you imagine if Abrams posted a shot like this from the set of TFA? The internet would have melted down for good.

dekaneas likes this.
  10. DJT

DJT Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2017
    I hope they finish the film on time after all the trouble with Phil Lord and Chris Miller.

11. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

Just As long as its as good or better then TFA and RO then I will be a very happy Fanboy!

Mostly Handless and DJT like this.
  12. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    I think it's a bit too late to postpone the release date. If they were going to do it, it would have been announced alongside Howard's hiring, like with Abrams and Episode IX.

DJT likes this.
  13. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    If he's filming fill in bits until the end of the year, it'll be fine.

That's either an old shot, or in editing they realised they needed a shot of... who?... running around the corner. The mean bugger deliberately blurring it.

These Twitter/Instagram shots are more edited than they appear.

Mostly Handless and DJT like this.
  14. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

there basically going to have 7 months maybe less of post production if the film wraps this month, is 7 months enough for post production?

15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I'd say that it's probably enough time. I'm sure ILM started doing effects shots months ago, which should shorten the post production schedule a bit.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  16. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Notice how clean the 'padded walls' of the Falcon are. I noticed this in the promo shot of the cast and (then) Directors in the cockpit way back then - the 'padded walls' of the corridor beyond were very clean. It wouldn't surprise me if they did not rework the cockpit as well to make it look newer.

17. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
  18. Corellian Blue

Corellian Blue Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 21, 2017

Call me suspicious, but I've been wondering for a while now if some of these images tweeted by RH are a bit old, that is they aren't necessarily something he's captured the day he posts. For instance, we got a version of this R2-BBQ a few weeks ago, now here's effectively the same image but with Howard and JKasdan in shot. Unfortunately it's hard to tell from JKasdan's twitter account if he's in the UK at the moment.

And the farewell to Emilia Clarke appeared to be at least a week old and taken the same time as the farewell to Paul Bettany.

Perhaps most of the filming is complete and these tweets are just to appease fans until a trailer is released. I doubt they'll release a trailer before TLJ is out so as not to cramp it.

19. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I have to give it to him. Ron Howard is a master buzz-generator. He has essentially wiped away conversation of the L&M firing with these awesome tweets.

I may be very skeptical of his directing (especially his recent films), but I'm happy for now.

20. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

I am wondering the same thing the R2 BBQ was from over a month ago maybe from 2 months ago...

@Gigoran Monk

Rush was an Excellent movie and I don't even like race car driving.

21. The Wagonmaster

The Wagonmaster Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2017
    That reminds me! I was so psyched for this film and so convinced that Ron Howard was a perfect director for Star Wars that I went back and had a Ron Howard marathon (I couldn't find a way to watch Cocoon, sadly). I just finished with In the Heart of the Sea last night.

Some people say he's been past his prime since the 80's, I couldn't disagree more. After watching almost all of them it's clear that his best efforts have been in the 21st century (Da Vinci Codes notwithstanding which are strangely his most violent movies), but especially the ones with Russell Crowe. I had never seen A Beautiful Mind before, but it's now one of my favorites ever. I saw Cinderella Man and Frost/Nixon in the theater, so I knew how good they were, but having grown quite a bit since Cinderella Man I feel like I understood it a lot more. I was crying like a baby!

The ones that prove he can do Star Wars, however, are Willow, Rush and what is probably his most underrated film, The Paper. I'm looking forward to Han Solo more than The Last Jedi.

22. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Also beginning to suspect that production has been wrapped already. With regard to the post production fears over this film. Since LFL reportedly liked the Kasdan's script, perhaps, most of the time, it's simply a matter of removing the unwanted Lord & Miller footage and replacing that with Ron Howard footage. Which would cut down on processes such as editing?

23. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

I really Enjoyed Rush and am probably In the minority but In The Heart Of The Sea was really good to Things like that really happened to Whalers Hence Moby Dick being based on a True Story. Yes It was dark with the cannibalism but It was based on a true story. My favorite Da Vinci Code movie was the First one To me It had an Indiana Jones feel as did the book. I saw the Last Da Vinci Code movie with Felicity Jones In It at the theater I really enjoyed It! I remember Cocoon being really good but I don't remember a lot of It just bits and pieces!

24. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    In case there was any doubt, this clears up that they're editing the film concurrently with shooting it. I'm pretty sure this is Chewbacca (or some other Wookiee) we're looking at, but if you squint, the way his fur is bunching up looks almost like a decomposing zombie face. Like, that, specifically.

https://twitter.com/RealRonHoward/status/917010451023642624

Krueger likes this.
  25. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014