main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Solo: A Star Wars Story - May 25, 2018

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by newdawn12, Dec 29, 2014.

1. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Can't believe ppl are saying May 2019. lol

2. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    This Is a synopsis from www.starwars.com I am sure the Teaser Is coming soon may be Sunday? This film Is not being delayed.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  3. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I am a huge Boba Fett fan, but yes thank you - Someone finally said it! This has never held water... As to whether I want to see him in the film [face_thinking] If they have officially canned the Boba Fett film the answer is "Hell yes!" if they are still making it then no - Save him for that :boba:

whostheBossk likes this.
  4. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    “Board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in Solo: A Star Wars Story, an all-new adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy. Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes.”
    Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...erous-criminal-underworld#psWHDZp7s5ULg818.99

whostheBossk and Mostly Handless like this.
  5. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Maybe they’ll release a trailer this week after all.

6. MisterJedi2002

MisterJedi2002 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2017
    Said much without saying anything.

Mostly Handless and GregMcP like this.
  7. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    That's the norm though. The ones for TFA and Rogue One didn't really tell you anything either. These things are more to give a very general outline of what things are about, not to give people details.

8. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    I just don't understand how Lando is not on Canto Bight in TLJ. Makes no sense to me no matter which way I try to look at it and read into it. I hope he comes back in Episode 9 and I look forward to him in SOLO as much as any other aspect of the film

https://www.avclub.com/rian-johnson-explains-why-lando-wasnt-in-star-wars-the-1821504289

"Apparently, though, Star Was: The Last Jedi almost saved a spot for him until director Rian Johnson decided that it would be a disservice to both Lando’s character and the story arc he was crafting for John Boyega’s Finn."

9. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    As far as heroes go, Han Solo isn't all that unlikely really. Handsome guy with a gun and an attitude.

Save that tagline for the Nien Nunb movie.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Mostly Handless, BigAl6ft6 and Avnar like this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah it is definitely coming out this year and probably the May release date but I still sez push it back a few weeks for a better release slot. That May month be crammed, yo! Or, heck if they can rush it push it forward to April.

11. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Star Wars does not move out of the way for other movies.
    Other movies move aside for Star Wars.

12. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Today we got the Synopsis of the Film officially released and I just checked Star Wars's Twitter page and they say If you go to the Disney theme parks you can buy your Solo A Star Wars Story T-Shirt The proceeds go to Force For Change UNICEF My guess Is either Tomorrow or Thursday we will get a Trailer Announcement for the NFC Football game on Fox that just seems like where this is going, I believe what we saw today Is the start of the Marketing look for It to get much more intense. This film Is not getting pushed back.

Mostly Handless and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  13. xDumpweed182x

xDumpweed182x Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 19, 2015
    Those shirts have been available at Disney parks since December 17, so I don't think that has anything to do with the trailer.

14. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I check star wars twitter daily never saw it advertised and even if it isn't part of ramping up marketing what about the Synopsis and has anyone seen what EW cover wasn't it supposed to be a Solo cover?

15. commander cody

commander cody Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 6, 2014
    The EW cover this week has Norman Reedus on it. Next week could be a Solo cover, especially if the trailer comes out this week. I think the week after would be the oscar preview.

16. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    My main point Is Not when the trailer comes out rather that it is coming soon and the film is not getting delayed. Someone with a good track record,
    Jordan Maison said The Trailer comes out on a Sunday but not Super Bowl Sunday so If not this Sunday during the NFC championship game then when? like 3 people watch the NFL All Star Game...

17. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Well, not if you cut off the first three other things I mentioned as nodding in this direction, no. But this is no normal production, horses were change in midstream... and the Rogue One reshoots constituted exactly what I've suggested here (added fanservice) -- that not only "does have something to do with reality" but in fact actually happened, and on a less troubled film, at a time when fans were less apoplectic than they are now.

18. RyanjohnN

RyanjohnN Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 10, 2017
    So when I woke up this morning along with the news of the synopsis this picture was included. I'm assuming it's official but it seems no one is talking about it here.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk and Mostly Handless like this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Random thought I had today...I’m hoping that Han and Lando are not portrayed as badly as Lando was in Rebels. I loved both characters in the OT, but in Rebels, I clapped when Hera kicked Lando in the crotch.

20. commander cody

commander cody Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 6, 2014
    That picture is leaked toy box art. It leaked a few weeks ago

21. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    I think this synopsis is the first official piece of marketing we've had for Solo post-TLJ. Hopefully it means they're ramping up for something bigger. Possibly a trailer and/or an EW article.

Leoluca Randisi and kalzeth like this.
  22. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    I'll watch this because it's a new Star Wars movie, but it isn't really something I am wildly excited about. Is it a story that needs telling? I don't know. A curiosity more than anything else.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    cwustudent likes this.
  23. mJedi775

mJedi775 Jedi Knight star 2

May 18, 2013
    I'm a big fan of the old Han Solo Trilogy by Bantam Books. I know it's not canon anymore but I still wonder if Emilia Clarke's Kira character is anything like Bria Tharen at all.... They sorta look alike, and it make sense for Han to have a relationship besides Leia before ANH.

kalzeth likes this.
  24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Ugh. Lando's role in Rebels was awful for so many reasons.

25. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Looks like footage of solo has been shown:
    [​IMG]

Also, Corey Van Dyke from MSW tweeted something about how excited people will be once they see the new villain from Solo. No idea if he meant new to the franchise or new because we didn't know about him/her?