main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Solo: A Star Wars Story - May 25, 2018

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by newdawn12, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Whose that on the far right next to Chewie?
    Is that supposed to be Harrelson or Vos?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  2. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    That's definately Woody Harrelson's character.

Stuburnell12 likes this.
  3. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I went to Books A Million to try to get the magazine they didn't have it. Then I went on Entertainment Weekly's web site and tried to get just this one Magazine they list it on there official site as coming out on February 16th I think now you can just get it online.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  4. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Funny! I went yesterday to the mall to Barnes and Noble and they didn't know what the heck I was talking about. Tried to sell me the EW mag with the Oscars cover. Friend of mine pointed out that the mag with Solo says the 16th but I went by what the EW articles last week kept repeating about "this Friday"

B&N clerk said they may get a shipment Monday. I'll call them before I go over this time.

5. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    New EW article is up.

“One of the things that Larry and I talked about right at the beginning of where we started working together on this was what kind of stories we wanted to riff off,” Jon says. “One we immediately reread was Robert Louis Stevenson’s Treasure Island because we wanted it to be a boy’s adventure story, but one in which he encounters characters of dubious intent, and that everyone he would encounter would sort of inform his maturation as an adult.”

http://ew.com/movies/2018/02/12/solo-a-star-wars-story-influences/

6. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I like that list of movie references.
    I was kind of hoping for "And we took some ideas from Scarface. Han ends up as a drug damaged lunatic with a machine gun..."

B99, B3 and Mungo Baobab like this.
  7. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014

wobbits and smudger9 like this.
  8. commander cody

commander cody Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 6, 2014
  9. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    No, obviously not the same thing.

10. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Definitely not the same GIANT TENTACLED CTHULHU SPACE MONSTER from the trailer, but it's possible that they're both other-dimensional, especially if the Kessel Run does involve trying to bounce as close as possible to a cluster of black holes.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  11. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Looks nothing like it.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  12. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    The fact that it appears to be living in some type of gas cloud makes it far more believable to me than a giant slug living in a asteroid.

13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm not entirely convinced it's actually in space. I think it could be Mimban.

14. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Prediction! Han puts his dirty feet up on the nice clean interior of the Falcon and Lando is not cool with it.

15. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Could be, that Mimban segment is surely surrounded by a fog of mystery.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  16. commander cody

commander cody Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 6, 2014
    It doesn't say they are the same. If you read the comic, Loo Re Anno says, "There are creatures that live between space and time..."
    The point made is that there are multiple creatures living between space and time. The creature in the teaser probably appears in the Maw Cluster during the Kessel Run. The Maw Cluster in EU was a cluster of black holes, allowing a creature that lives between space and time to appear.

17. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    No yeah I've read the comic a couple of times, but simply juxtaposing the two images like seemed to suggest (at least to me) that the OP believed both tentacled creatures are the same. Just going off the visuals they're clearly not, but that wouldn't be the biggest stretch I've seen someone make in terms of claiming something from the books/comic/video games is the same as something we'll see in a movie, so I figured it was worth the clarification.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  18. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Anyone seen this official teaser poster for the Solo movie yet? For me, it's very unique and something different from the Star Wars posters of the last three movies, giving a breath of fresh air to the franchise... ^:)^

And I like it - very much like the old Western films of decades ago! =D=
    (With our beloved Hunk of Junk still getting chased by her Imperial enemies yet again... [face_laugh])

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Stuburnell12 likes this.
  19. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    How comes? The space slug in ESB eats minerals, the gas cloud creature probably breathes the gas like we breath air.
    Already in the OT the maritime allusions were hard to ignore. The space slug was the moray eel, the creature in the gas cloud is apparently the SW counterpart to an octopus. Both complement one another and add to a particular kind of SW continuity, IMHO.

20. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    The asteroid in ESB was too small to sustain any type of atmosphere where as the gas cloud is a.... gas cloud. It's not about what they eat it's what they breathe.

21. Stuburnell12

Stuburnell12 Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2017
    Not too sure if Im looking forward to the whole squid in space escape scene ....too much CGI (my opinion may change) is it a giant bor gullet?!

22. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    That is based on the assumption that all living things would require breathing. From our own situation that might be a somewhat proper assumption - though only for larger beings - but that is a rather limited view. Seeing how this is fantasy, the logic behind something becomes kind of moot.

23. Stuburnell12

Stuburnell12 Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2017

I think it would of looked a lot better without the falcon below, but I respect they are trying to go in a different direction in the marketing front.

24. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I think the Falcon at the bottom works because it’s a big selling point. It looks different to the aesthetic we’re all familiar with too. I say play up that point of difference.

Millennium Falcon 888 likes this.
  25. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    This is interesting ...
    https://geektyrant.com/news/new-det...nd-why-han-solo-turned-it-into-a-hunk-of-junk
    Jon Kasdan also points out that the ship had a long history even before Lando got a hold of it. Apparently the ship is a lot older than we thought!
    “Remember, when the Falcon enters our movie, it’s already had a long life. Decades of existence. And it’s been modified even from its original design. What we tried to do with the whole movie was take things that we take for granted and love and turn them on their ear.”

I wonder who Lando bought/stole/won the Falcon from?

Alien Vanguard likes this.