main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Solo: A Star Wars Story - May 25, 2018

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by newdawn12, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    As much as I dislike the idea of anyone but Harrison playing Han, I think this was probably inevitable. There is too much potential money to be made by recasting and rebooting the classic characters.

And frankly, I love that Disney/LFL seems to be so bullish on Han Solo.

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  2. Boski

Boski Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 19, 2005
    The real question is who plays Han?

3. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    "Hey don't be sad about Han dying in The Force Awakens, he'll get his own movie in two and a half years!"

magmd, Artoo-Dion , JBFett007 and 4 others like this.
  4. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    The PT eroded the OT by exposing it to a lot of unnecessary and counterproductive back story. Han Solo at least was a character whose largely unexplained past added greatly to the mystique and elegance of teh Star Wars universe. Han and the Kessel Run. Han forms a childhood friendship with Chewbacca? Han gambles with Lando. No one wants to see this.

DarthBane93 likes this.
  5. Shakez

Shakez Jedi Master star 3

Aug 22, 2014

Idd it is also a way to reintroduce alot of the other iconic SW charachters. Like Chewie, Boba Fett, Lando, not to mention his iconic ship the "Millenium Falcon".

Prisic Duskleap likes this.
  6. LionHeartV1

LionHeartV1 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 27, 2014
    The Star Wars universe is so big and yet they want to focus on a character that is already established. A young Han Solo? We've already had that. Its Harrison Ford in Star Wars. Rogue One sound a lot more interesting and appealing because its focusing on new characters. Young Han Solo is not something I'm interested in. Its going to be lacking Harrison fords natural charm. I don't wanna see teenage Han running around.

7. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    Doesn't really matter. Harrison Ford in 1966:

[​IMG]

Pretty much exactly the same look. Guy was apparently born at age 31, who knew.

8. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I admit, this is the first new, Disney-helmed SW film with a premise which does absolutely nothing for me.

Han Solo is certainly not a character who I am pining to learn more about. Nor is the idea for the movie something a little different and intriguing.

But hey -- I'll certainly give it a chance. And who knows? By the time we have an idea of casting and a synopsis, I might be excited by this one.

As it stands right now, though? [face_tired] I-)

I don't mean to be a Debbie-downer, here; I'm happy for anyone who is into the idea. And as I say, I may eventually warm to the idea. But I just feel there are far more interesting subjects.

9. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    And I was thinking Chris Pratt for young Indy...looks like the sure money's gonna be on young Han now. o_O

[​IMG]

Dak Oolron likes this.
  10. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Knowing everything about a character is overrated. We're in an age of origin stories, but if it's shown anything, it's that most origins don't live up to whatever you have imagine they were. I'd have preferred they went forward with the mythology, instead of looking backwards.

On the purely aesthetic level, the thought of a young actor trying to convince viewers he's a young Harrison Ford as Han is already making me cringe. Harrison is Han, period.

11. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Well I don't really care about a Han Solo film, but the people working on it are A-okay in my book.

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I think there is a lot of potential there and I am excited to finally get to see his backstory, but yeah...the whole recasting thing is really throwing me off. I don't like it one bit, especially since we have already seen Harrison Ford portray a young Han Solo.

I guess the only recasting I could be 'okay' with is Anthony Ingruber - he did one hell of a job capturing a young Harrison in Age of Adaline and I can certainly see him giving a young Han a fair shake. But overall, it's still going to be quite a leap to get over someone else in the role.

13. LittleDefel

LittleDefel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 17, 2012
    There were some rumors awhile back that the kid from The Kingsman might be considered to play a young Han.

14. SithedMyPants

SithedMyPants Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2004

Has anyone seen anything to indicate for certain that this is planned as a live action film? I found myself wondering the same thing, Django, especially with Allegra producing alongside the duo, as his track record is 4-1 in favor of animation.

Django Fett likes this.
  15. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    will this mean Sana Solo will appear in the movie.[face_devil]

nightangel and Vohnkar like this.
  16. LittleDefel

LittleDefel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 17, 2012
    Taron Egerton as the next Han?

17. Bennihana

Bennihana Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2014
    Doh geeeezus. Taron Egerton could do it if they're going for the late teens/early 20's look even though he's 25. These guys are some of the only directors that could get me excited about this, but... Disney bought a whole universe and they're sticking to the same 5 characters, come on guys.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I wonder if they're using any of the material from the live action show. Wasn't one of the stories developed for it supposed to tell the tale of how Han won the Millennium Falcon? Anyway it'll be fun to see the seedier side of the GFFA take center stage.

starocean90 likes this.
  19. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I do like that Lord and Miller, in their joint statement, articulated their promise to "take risks, to give the audience a fresh experience." I'm excited to see what they have cooked up, and with Kasdan writing Han (Han was at his absolute best in The Empire Strikes Back), I have a good feeling about this.

20. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013
    He does not look 31 in this image, Bobby. He's more like that really tall dude you'd see walking past you while you were in college. The physique of a man in his late twenties/early thirties, but clearly a young adult facially.

21. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    ManaByte

The Like is for posting the link (for some strange reason I couldn't get into the news section of the site on the site itself, and it isn't on the main page [face_thinking] ), not the content of the story. ;)

Miller and Lord are great and I'm glad they're onboard Star Wars, but I have no idea how I feel about it being a Han Solo film. Honestly, I really thought all the chatter was about nothing because I couldn't see it happening.

I'm not [​IMG], just really, really [​IMG]

EDIT: I'm also very surprised that they've announced that what it is about so soon.

22. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Han Solo and Indiana Jones were interesting characters because Harrison Ford played them, and only because Ford played them.

DarthBane93 likes this.
  23. Vehgah

Vehgah Jedi Knight star 4

May 8, 2014
  24. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    ugh... [face_bleh]

starocean90 likes this.
  25. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Some unnamed british actor one would presume!

:D

So with this AND another Indy Ford will be replaced twice already!

What next?

Air Force One 2?