main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Solo: A Star Wars Story - May 25, 2018

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by newdawn12, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Sluice Friggins

Sluice Friggins Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 23, 2015
    "You've never heard of the Millennium Falcon? It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs."
    "This is the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than 14 parsecs?"
    Peculiar, in both these statements, it is not specified who the pilot was. Eh, probably nothin'.

11-4D likes this.
  2. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    I think fans would get quite upset if they let someone other than Han pilot the Falcon through the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs.

3. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003

This is something I've thought about in the past. The fact that he never claims to be the pilot.
    It would be really difficult to pull off in the movie. If it happened early on in the movie it could work, because you can build Han from that moment on, but in any other scenario it reduces Han's character.

Sluice Friggins likes this.
  4. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016

Cut scene.

Luke: Oh yeah? But who was piloting?
    Han: Kitster. Duh.

[​IMG]

Who's wizard now, Ani?

5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    not bad at all. it just wouldn't have fit.

6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I've never really taken for granted that Han was the pilot when the Falcon made the Kessel Run.

As a kid, I actually thought Lando was the pilot then.

Sluice Friggins likes this.
  7. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    He's the guy who navigates asteroid fields and lands on planets immediately after coming out of lightspeed. Call it dumb luck, call it skill, call it whatever. Han made the impossible possible.

8. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    Well, I call it luck.

:p

9. Jim Smith

Jim Smith Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 5, 2017
    It's good that Disney pushed back the release date for this Han Solo movie to December of 2018. December should be Star Wars month at the Box Office. :D

10. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Eh, did I miss something here??

Krueger likes this.
  11. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    ^ I don't think so. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if it is eventually moved to December.

12. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    They still have Mary Poppins Returns coming out that month. While we can have two Disney or Disney-partnered studios in one month usually, December would be an odd choice since most big December releases are around the week of Christmas. Normally, there would be 2-3 weeks in between releases from the same or similar studios (this May: Guardians on the 5th and Pirates on the 26th, for example).

Now, they might push Mary Poppins Returns forward to the Thanksgiving window, depending if they don't have anything else around that time (the live action Mulan is supposed to be released at the beginning of November 2018).

13. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    This hasn't been confirmed anywhere. The last article about the film on the official website reiterated that the release date is May 25.

Artoo-Dion , my kind of scum and B99 like this.
  14. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    I've read an article somewhere saying that GotG is this generation's Star Wars and that there is no need for a young Han Solo movie specifically, because Star-Lord is this generation's Han. Some people are unbelievable. :D

15. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015

[face_laugh] [face_rofl]

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  16. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
  17. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I thought they were reusing the same Falcon sets and pieces?

DaddlerTheDalek and B99 like this.
  18. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Guess not, Cool! I wonder if the Falcon in this movie looks a little different.. Han Solo did say he made a lot of special modifications himself.

Jonipoon likes this.
  19. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    Maybe it'll look shiny. Even if it is referred to as a "piece of junk", at one point in history it must've been brand new, right?

Lando seems to like high-end stuff, so why not?

20. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

I am certain Han was the pilot. He boasted about the Kessel Run in the original Star Wars film from 1977. I doubt he would have bragged up the record Kessel Run, if it was someone else. And Lucas hadn't even created Lando yet. ;)

It was pretty obvious to me, that the modification that Han made to the Falcon, was in it's performance. Han essentially made the Millenium Falcon into his own personal Hot Rod. Just like guys do with average, old worn out cars. ;)

21. Sluice Friggins

Oct 23, 2015
    What's most intriguing is Rey's quote, given the chance to clarify, it is still left ambiguous. Interesting that Larry Kasdan was involved in TFA script and is writing the Han Solo movie. May be something there, maybe not. We will see in a little over a year's time.

22. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

What "Rey's quote" are you referring to. :confused:

23. Sluice Friggins

Oct 23, 2015
    In TFA: "This is the Millenium Falcon? This is the ship that made the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs?" She worded it the same, leaving the possibility open for a different pilot.

TX-20 likes this.
  24. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    She actually said "14 parsecs," and Han immediately and grumpily corrected her by pointing out that it was "12." He then stated "14" like he was personally offended that she'd think that the MF was that slow.

All of which makes it seem even more like he personally made the run himself. It's a matter of personal pride for him.

Avnar, TX-20 and ladygrey45 like this.
  25. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015

thats the worst thing i've heard all day hahahaha.

TX-20 and PCCViking like this.