main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Solo: A Star Wars Story - May 25, 2018

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by newdawn12, Dec 29, 2014.

1. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Some stuff on the Han Solo movie from the most recent episode of MakingStarWars' "Now, This is Podcasting!"
    • There's a female character named "Val" (could be a codename, but it doesn't sound like it) who has stunts. Pretty non-substantial, but it's something. Apparently she's a "top billing" character. Ward thinks it's Emilia Clarke, but isn't certain. He doesn't think it's Thandie Newton's character for reasons he "can't talk about right now," and it seems like Phoebe Waller-Bridge might be playing a droid, so unless Val is a droid, it's not her.
    • The Dryden Vos character that was mentioned is apparently not a "small billing" character, and there's apparently some CGI work going on with the character. More speculation on the possibility of him being Quinlon Vos, with a different first name (a la "Ben" Kenobi). Basically, they were going to set him up in unmade seasons of The Clone Wars as having a kind of bounty hunter cover in order to smuggle weapons to Saw Gerrera, and Lucas had instructed the writers of the Star Wars: Republic comic not to kill him off after removing his death scene from the Order 66 sequence. It seems he was going to use him in the unmade live-action TV series Star Wars: Underworld, where he would have been a bounty hunter, which places him in the same circle as Han.And Kennedy has said they're going to mine the hours upon hours of material that was written for Underworld for their future projects. They already have, in regards to bringing Saw Gerrera in for Rogue One. So basically, whether or not this happens, there's at least a precedent for it.

2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Pretty Cool little info!

3. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    This is great news.

4. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    its phoebe wallers character a droid?

5. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    According to rumors yes.

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
  7. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    Sounds like it's Thandie Newton? They mention that it's an actor that's already been announced, and I think Thandie's the only actress announced so far who hasn't already been linked with one of the other roles ( Val and droid ).

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. The name screams crime lord to me and since they mention it being a puppet I'm guessing some kind of Jabba-esque character. Perhaps one of if not the main villain of the story.

PCCViking and Mungo Baobab like this.
  9. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Mother Proxima... Hmmm - Yep, I hate that name! :cool: It does scream crime lord. I just think it is really unoriginal and I can already picture what this character will be about just based on the name... Oh well. I'll get used to it in time.

10. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I like the name I just think it would be cool if they used phoebe actually.

11. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    "Mother Proxima" is a name more Star Warsy than Star Wars. Perfect.

Certainly possible. But "Val" being Emilia is still just speculation from MSW, as is Phoebe being a droid. Furthermore, if the character is a puppet, it may be voiced by an actor that simply hasn't been announced yet (just as Lupita was announced a little later).

Is it hard to picture what Darth Vader is about from his name? ;)

This may be her title as well. First Mother. Like Boss of all Bosses (Il capo di tutti capi) in a regional mafia organization. The title is supposed to clearly communicate power to other criminals.

PymParticles likes this.
  12. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I wonder if the scenario will be similar to the Han Solo Trilogy: Han and Chewie get on Mother Proxima's bad side (like they did the Ylesian Hutts in the HST), and go to work for Jabba for "protection," not yet realizing he can be just as bad, if not worse, if crossed.

13. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    2 things...

1 - The title is probably exactly what you think it is which disappoints me a little because they probably won't include Jabba the Hutt if they already have a similar character...bummer! (unless there is a rivalry?)
    2 - The use of "Mother" as a title in films often has a religious/crime lord aspect to it I have just never liked. The characters are always written the same.

Now here is my positivity! Starting from this point (the ugh point) means that when she is done either okay or great I will fully accept it and admit I was wrong! :cool: For eg - Chirrut was the character I was most worried about in RO (the old blind samurai chestnut) and he turned out to be one of the most interesting characters I have seen put in a SW film in years :cool:

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  14. Jim Smith

Jim Smith Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 5, 2017
    December is most definitely Star Wars month and should stay that way! ;)

15. Jim Smith

Apr 5, 2017

Rogue One is the most realistic Star WARS movie to date and after watching it I feel like I've actually been on a mission unlike all of the other films in this franchise. The Star Wars Anthology movies has balls and takes risks plain and simple. Just my two cents.

16. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
  17. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
  18. CommanderFlage

CommanderFlage Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2017
    I actually can't wait for this movie even if it isn't Harrison Ford as Han.

PymParticles and Gigoran Monk like this.
  19. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Almost 1 year out!!!:cool:

20. Jim Smith

Apr 5, 2017

Don't forget that more than one actor has played the legendary Count Dracula. ;)

21. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    PCCViking likes this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    What if Han is a podracer?! :p

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  23. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Yippee!

DarthRosie likes this.
  24. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Didn't the Han Solo Trilogy indicate Han raced swoops as a teen? While it's Legends, it could be similar.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

25. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Anyone else besides me expecting this movie to be extremely hilarious? The presence of at least Glover and Harrelson in this movie (they're both pretty funny actors, from what I've seen), combined with the characters of Han and Lando being typically comedic, I'm expecting it to be pretty funny. Maybe not GOTG levels of comedy, but funnier than probably most other SW films so far. I'm hoping this will be the case. We're going to have all kinds of SW movies, and one with a more comedic tone would be fine with me.