main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Solo: A Star Wars Story - May 25, 2018

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by newdawn12, Dec 29, 2014.

1. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    So I've been hearing about new planets that will show up in the solo Han Solo movie, Han Solo: A Han Solo Story. Long known but never seen, they sound interesting!

2. Ed_Fett_77

Ed_Fett_77 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    Just hope Corellia Stays a Urban/Jungle Planet, and doesn't become another Desert Locations.

3. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I'm firmly in the camp that thinks this movie will still release in May. If they were going to delay it, they would have announced it when RH was appointed.

However, I can't imagine that we'll get any new info October to December, so as not to interfere with TLJ. That means that if we don't get any info in the next few weeks, we will head into January with no title, images or trailer. Insane!

Corellian Blue and ZY-Fighter like this.
  4. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002

I have to think that we will get a title at some point soon, but yeah... I imagine that it is going to be quiet on the Solo front until TLJ hits theatres.

Corellian Blue likes this.
  5. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
  6. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    MSW seemed very certain about this in their Sept 15 podcast. So I'd guess it's a good bet we'll see both Corellia (which fans have been waiting forever to see) and the mines of Kessel.

This is pretty big news! Where is everyone?

ETA: I'd also like for Corellia to borrow from some of the junk planet concept art created for TFA. Perhaps for the Imperial shipyards or something. Like this one (bottom image):

http://i.imgur.com/cO2f1tc.jpg

my kind of scum and Darth Nave like this.
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003

[​IMG]

[cue SW 'I Care' response]

8. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Man, when is this movie going to wrap?

9. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

Well apparently Ronny Is still In Paris so unless they are Filming In Paris or Ron has his assistant Director Directing scenes In London or Ron Howard Is taking a short Chunnel ride back and forth?.
    Ron Howard‏Verified account @RealRonHoward 19h19 hours ago
    pic.twitter.com/Yx1ZDPAU8i
    3:04 PM - 18 Sep 2017

cerealbox likes this.
  10. my kind of scum

Mar 4, 2002

I'm rather partial to the Fantasy Flight Games take on Corellia. They had some beautiful art in it.

11. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
  12. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    The # show.. Sounds reliable.. :p

Corellian Blue and vncredleader like this.
  13. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Corellian Blue and vncredleader like this.
  14. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    [face_sigh] Well at least he's not in the Ewok movies.

15. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    I was hoping that wouldn't happen, but it's been a possibility whether that random website knows anything or not...

Alan Horn, The Walt Disney Studios Chairman: “[Rogue One] is terribly important to us because we all know that we could do Star Wars VII – which was The Force Awakens – and we’ll have a Star Wars VIII, and we could continue that progression of Star Wars-related films which are really a function of what’s going on with the Skywalker family and what happened to Han Solo and all of that. To have a picture [Rogue One] that celebrates the Star Wars universe in a more peripheral manner – call it a standalone film – and to have the audience [think], ‘oh this is still a part of the Star Wars universe’ and ‘we like this stuff’ and in fact ‘we love it’ and it was important to us to include in this experience [some] of the original John Williams music even though Michael Giacchino did it. So we want the audience to see familiar characters from the Star Wars that they know and love – like Darth Vader and so on – and it all ties together. So this is very exciting for us.” (December 10, 2016)

16. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Oh, it's certainly possible that Vader appears in the film. And if done sparingly (and if he doesn't come into contact with Han), I'm not against it. Just don't trust that the website has an inside scoop, that's all.

my kind of scum likes this.
  17. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    Him being in the Obi-wan movie, in some way, makes sense. He is too good for this movie.

18. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
  19. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    We've seen that set in spy images before, but not these exact images. Looks great.

Corellian Blue and Avnar like this.
  20. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Gigoran Monk and Corellian Blue like this.
  21. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Yeah. I don't see the problem with using the most iconic character in the franchise again. If it happens, it's surely going to be done sparingly, ala Rogue One.

Gigoran Monk and Corellian Blue like this.
  22. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    What do you mean? I've been on pins and needles for the last 30 plus years waiting to get the backstory for that one throwaway joke.:p

23. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    The potential issue with Vader being in this film is simple, it could easily feel like pure fanservice, distracting fanservice. Like even Vader being in RO made sense since he was involved with the Death Star stuff in ANH to (and they used him sparingly in RO).

Pre-ANH Han was a small-time smuggler, there's no evidence that Vader even knew who he was let alone that they'd actually crossed paths, and Han was a tiny blip in the Empire's radar, at best. So Vader's inclusion isn't immediately as obvious here.

Now how it could maybe work imo, is if they do an ESB-type of scene. Like the main villain/antagonist, whomever it ends up being, talks with a hologram Vader (like Vader does with Sheev in ESB), or perhaps meets with Vader in-person, and then the latter explains the situation and gives said main villain their marching orders. That could maybe work.

11-4D and B3 like this.
  24. my kind of scum

Mar 4, 2002
    Looks like Howard tweeted a pic yesterday with the caption "spicey?" Either he's toying with folks or it is the spice mines of Kessel...

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  25. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    I think the latter is more likely.

my kind of scum likes this.