main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Solo: A Star Wars Story - May 25, 2018

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by newdawn12, Dec 29, 2014.

1. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    But that was more understandable since he was a lot younger. This Han Solo will only be like 10 years younger if that.

2. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I still felt weird about the guy from Trainspotting filling Sir Alec's shoes. It's easy to forget how crazy that sounded in '97.

3. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    As a lot of location shooting was done by L&M, this worries me a little.

4. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  5. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    This thing has to be close to wrapping production, right?

6. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    It must. I’m a little worried about a rushed post-production. That said, Ron doesn’t look worried at all...

7. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I think anything that would cause stress in a rushed post-production, like CGI heavy effects scenes, are mostly being left alone and are progressing as they would have had Lord & Miller remained on the project. It’s nowhere near as bad as a situation as Justice League is, which comes out in less than two months and just finished extensive (months long) reshoots under Whedon. I think #UntitledHanSoloMovie: A Star Wars Story should be fine. I’m actually feeling really good about it.

8. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I'm not [face_nail_biting]The sets look fantastic and I have faith in what RH has probably added/fixed up but he hasn't started from the start, so there will be things that Lord & Miller have already done which cannot be undone. The look of Han for example. The general story and character/actor choices etc etc

9. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    True, though that was the case with Gilroy on Rogue One (though with Edwards staying) and that turned out great.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  10. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    That's true. The look of the film, including creatures/aliens, vehicles, costumes, set designs and so forth will all be things that Lord and Miller signed off on. Obviously, Howard came in too late for all that stuff to be changed.

Avnar likes this.
  11. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Turned out great?? Turned out fantastic!! [face_not_talking]

I never had a worry with RO... EVERYTHING we saw along the way I found myself sitting there nodding my head going "Yes!" It looked brilliant. Now the end result speaks for itself BUT you never know - Maybe we would have loved GE's original version as well... (Dare I say it) more... or less... ?? We will never know. I will say this though - The stuff cut out looked very promising!

The behind the scenes for this film (to me anyway) look better than TLJ (aesthetic wise) but the whole younger Han has left me with a bad feeling in my stomach from the day they announced it. L & M getting fired was a good thing if they didn't "get it" ...I just wonder whether the film can be saved/salvaged into something good! I can't think of a single character in the SW universe that came off better (or even as good) as the result of a younger re-cast/younger portrayal. I think Obi Wan is as close as a character came to almost sitting alongside the original.

- Boba Fett. Nope...
    - Darth Vader. God no!
    - Yoda. Nope... (Wasn't half as loveable as the OT puppet)
    - Palpatine. Nope... (Same actor - Horrid portrayal)

Han and Lando will also be judged against the originals and boy are they tough shoes to fill! :cool:

12. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I'll just say that Lord and Miller are actually good directors who had the talent of Lucasfilm behind them.

The stuff they filmed isn't automatically crap.

11-4D and my kind of scum like this.
  13. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Exactly. I can't imagine that all Lord and Miller's work was just fart jokes.

11-4D likes this.
  14. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    True... But the way things have panned out doesn't give me much confidence.

15. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    The cup's half full, not half empty.
    Remember the reshoots for Rogue were pretty late in the game.
    It'll work out.

Corellian Blue and Avnar like this.
  16. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
  17. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    Someone worthy of a cape at least.

18. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001

I wouldn't be surprised if this movie uses Boba Fett in a similar way to how Rogue One used Vader.

ZY-Fighter and Avnar like this.
  19. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    That would be awesome! I love these two pics - They give me fond memories of the cut sand storm scene from Jedi :cool:

11-4D likes this.
  20. Corellian Blue

Corellian Blue Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 21, 2017
    THANK you. My thoughts exactly. Weren't they reshooting R1 during July last year, only 5 months or so before release?

21. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    If boba fett was going to be in the movie would they have announced it already? How long into production was Vader officially announced in R1?

22. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I don't think he was "officially" announced until the second trailer, which I believe came out in July 2016 (so five months before release). Of course, he was rumoured a long time before that. I think MSW first broke the news that he was in it. They've been virtually silent on the Han Solo film.

23. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    I have to say that I'm surprised they stuck to a May release date for this one. If anything, it was the easiest production to move to a December release date as TLJ will still be freshly in people's minds in May 2018, having been released just 5 months prior.

Avnar likes this.
  24. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Yeah, pushing the release back to December 2018 would have made sense when they switched out directors in June, but the fact that they didn't speaks to how much faith Kennedy and everyone else has in the script and the film in general.

Corellian Blue likes this.
  25. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    But they would probably have to move Mary Poppins Returns, because that's slated for a December 2018 release.

ZY-Fighter likes this.