main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Vader in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Charon Lefleur, Jul 8, 2015.

1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Lots of Vadery goodness in that clip. Also, interesting notes from Whitta about his original plan for Krennic to be killed by Vader for his failure; that was what many here predicted. As with other examples, though, I think I prefer how the final version of the movie handled it.

2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Would of been awesome! More awesome than the scene we got.?? I don't know. I was about to bet money on Vader killing Krennic before seeing the film. lol So if I did bet on it, I technically didn't totally loose right? no?

3. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, it seemed a pretty safe bet at the time. [face_laugh]

That clip also reminds me of the chills I'm going to feel again every time I watch this Blu-ray when I hear that rebel soldier in the hallway scream "take it!!" as he passes the stolen plans through the space by the door.

4. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Krennic should have said to Vader, "You're evil...pure evil."

Vader should have replied, "I'm necessary evil."

Nah...too Dark Knight Rises-ish. :p

5. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    It switches around during the various scenes he's in for ANH. In some scenes, it's over the bottom of the neck plate, in other scenes, it's not.
    [​IMG]

Jim Smith and Ricardo Funes like this.
  6. Vader0706

Vader0706 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2017
    I have no issues with the neck. Vader still looks awesome.

That clips had me SO excited about seeing Vader again once RO hits Blu-Ray!

LordDallos likes this.
  7. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    It would have been cool to see Vader choke Krennic out, I'm sure most people thought he was going to die at the hands of Vader going into the movie. Although, that scene where Krennic looks up at the Death Star is about to fire is one of my favorite scenes in the whole film. The realization that he was going to die from the thing he worked his whole career to create is great. I'm glad they kept that in the film.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  8. PerfectlyFlawed

PerfectlyFlawed Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2017
    I hope we get to see some of Vader's deleted scenes at some point.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  9. RedVad

RedVad Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 29, 2012
    Vader in the movie was a marketing move, a better movie wouldn't have used him at all.

10. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Well, that and the fact that it's a direct prequel to ANH...

11. RedVad

RedVad Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 29, 2012
    The set up of ANH doesn't necessitate an appearance of Darth Vader and they end up contradicting ANH anyway.

The Vader scenes in RO are pure fanservice and detract from the new characters and change the logical end point of the movie.

(The classic Vader suit shouldn't have been in ROTS either and it was misleadingly all over that movies marketing too.)

12. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    OK, thanks for setting us all straight on that then.

13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    We should probably just skip the Vader scenes now. Completely pointless!

14. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Having Tarkin being the true badass of the movie was a better move. This Vader was going to kill Krennic thing is, as others​ have said, was what we largely thought would happen. But the final cut was smarter than us fanboys.

BigAl6ft6 and Ricardo Funes like this.
  15. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Same. It's fitting that Krennic was killed by his own creation. And give me the hallway Vader massacre over simply killing Krennic with a Force choke any day.

16. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    i liked that vader "warned" krennic. the death star wasn't vader's baby anyway. he was just annoyed that krennic overstepped his bounds. *cough*

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Read the early pages of this thread. It's kind of scary how Disney seems to be making the movies we tell them to.

18. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Yeah. I think it plays well with ANH. Vader at this point wasn't overstepping his mark with Tarkin/the mission. He didn't like the Death Star, but it was the Emperor's wish. So he went along with it. Orders were orders.

11-4D and oncafar like this.
  19. Vader0706

Vader0706 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2017

How exactly does RO or Vader in it contradicts ANH? Please elaborate.

Also, Vader's suit in ROTS isn't his "classic" one. Define what you mean by classic? Vader has 3 suits in the OT - the ANH one and then the sleeker version in ESB and ROTJ (subtle differences between those). The one used in ROTS is neither of those. There are differences in the chest piece (the red button's place is switched), the chain is placed outside the helmet and the actual helmet is different. Here is a comparison shot for ROTS and ANH helmets:

[​IMG]

Vader's appearance in RO was fan service, yes. But isn't the whole point of resurrecting the franchise to please fans? Why is it wrong to put such things in the movies? What would those movies be without the fan service? Do you consider yourself a fan and if yes, what are you doing on these boards? Elaborate on why you disagree with the usage of fan service.

20. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I suspect those that love the Vader slaughter scene also prefer Aliens over Alien.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  21. OldTimeFan

OldTimeFan Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    Can't speak for others but I loved the Vader slaughter scene and I also think Aliens was better then Alien.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Sad!

23. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    [face_talk_hand]
    I love that scene, but I certainly don't prefer Aliens over Alien.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  24. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  25. LordDallos

LordDallos Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2016
    I loved the Vader slaughter scene and Alien is in my top 5 films of all time. FYI Aliens is not.