main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official *** I've seen the movie, here are my thoughts**** thread

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Missninfan, May 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mocha1

mocha1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2001
    my thoughts, hm... from the jango - obi wan fight -> going to tatooine on, the movie is awesome.

that's like at the 1 hour mark. :)

2. DINVADER

DINVADER Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2000
    Is there any dialouge between Anakin & Padme in the outdoor Naboo Theed Plaza (the place with the fountains and mini bridges)? It's where they they're carrying lugagge.

Do you see Mace walk down the senate hallway and into a box with Yoda overlooking the senate?

Oh boy, the thousand year debate is gonna get heavy. What motive would Obi-Wan have bend the truth about that? I think there must be more to it.

3. C-3P0

C-3P0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2001
    Is there any dialouge between Anakin & Padme in the outdoor Theed Plaza (with teh fountains and mini bridges)? Where they're carring lugagge.

Do you see Mace walk down the senate hallway and into a box with Yoda overlooking the senate?

Padme talks about being a young queen and Jamilla asking her to become a senator.

Yes, as Jar Jar is addressing the senate we see Mace and Yoda watching the events unfold.

4. Ironflak

Ironflak Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    When Padme falls off the gunship, a clonetrooper also falls off right behind her. This is the same clonetrooper that talks to her once she recovers. One review said that Padme falls and then gets up as if nothing happened. This is not true. She takes a bad fall and it is apparently unconscious. It is sometime later that she finally sits up.

5. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    What motive would Obi-Wan have bend the truth about that? I think there must be more to it.

Maybe Obi-Wan was still right. He said "Old Republic", so maybe there was an Old Republic that stood for many thousand years...and then there may have been internal problems, and a New Republic was created. All the while, the Jedi still were guardians of peace and justice all this time.

Also, remember Sio Bibble says "There hasn't been a full-scale war since the formation of the 'Republic'." Maybe he's talking about the New Republic, which was formed a thousand years ago. It would be too unbelievable if there wasn't a full-scale war for thousands of years -- there had to be some conflict during those times long ago.

6. DINVADER

Jan 25, 2000
    I heard the code name Obi-Wan calls the "Jedi Temple" is "The old folks home" True?

In the Showest footage we saw a part where Slave I has it's own secret hiding place on the Kamino platforms that will open up and the ship will fly down into and the roof close over it. I'm betting this isn't in the movie?

I wanna thank everyone who has answered my questions.

7. mocha1

mocha1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2001
    oh yeah, watto is awesome.

after anakin calls him, he looks down then up, that was just priceless.

watto and yoda are the best CG characters. dex is very well done too.

8. C-3P0

Apr 20, 2001
    I heard the code name Obi-Wan calls the "Jedi Temple" is "The old folks home" True?

In the Showest footage we saw a part where Slave I has it's own secret hiding place on the Kamino platforms that will open up and the ship will fly down into and the roof close over it. I'm betting this isn't in the movie?

Yes. Both are in the movie, but the hidden landing place is on Geonosis not Kamino.

9. Darth_Oracle

Darth_Oracle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    The jedi still could have been the guardians of peace and justice, even without a firm government in place, for over a thousand generations...

10. Estranged

Estranged Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2001
    Din, thats not Kamino its Geonosis. And its in the film.

11. DINVADER

Jan 25, 2000
    Right JW, but in ANH when Tarkin says the senate is disolved
    TARKIN:"The last remanants of the Old Republic have been swept away."

12. Ironflak

Ironflak Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    A Jedi Knight who looks like of the same species as that new alien on the Jedi Council breaks into Dooku's box and puts a lightsaber to him. Then, Jango Fett blasts him with a few shots and the Jedi falls over the balcony railing and falls to his death at Mace's feet down in the arena. Jango then twirls his blaster on his finger a couple times and holsters it -- cowboy style!

13. C-3P0

Apr 20, 2001
    Yeah that was cool. The theater laughed at that one. :D

14. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    ---TARKIN:"The last remanants of the Old Republic have been swept away."---

oh yeah,I forgot about that. You got me on that one.

15. DINVADER

Jan 25, 2000
    JW, There will be huge debates on that "1000 years" one saying Lucas has lost his sense of continuity here in this forum in the coming weeks, but I guess these story debates are sort of fun. I'm sure some EU source will smooth it out. I'm thinking Palpatine may have meant stood with all the planets currently in it. I dunno.

On to this: Slave I's hiding dock is on Geonosis, I thought it was Kamino, but it was night, so I guess the context of the Showest footage threw me off.

Question: The script has the Jedi (Mace & Yoda) telling Kenobi to bring Jango back with him for questioning, but how is he supposed to cram Jango in that Jedi Starfighter? On his lap? LOL!

16. C-3P0

Apr 20, 2001
    That's a good point. :D

Since Jango escapes, I guess it doesn't much matter.

17. Admiral Hackbar

Admiral Hackbar Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 1999
    Actually we see that the starfighter has sort of a cargo bay.
    Obi-Wan dumps all this crap out the back to attract the seeking missile that Jango fires to finish him off.

18. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    About the Theed Plaza. We get to see Artoo climb stairs :D

Ironically, when I was waiting outside, there was a fullsize replica Artoo that someone was driving around by remote. The woman behind me said, "i bet he has trouble getting upstairs," and her husband (i assume) replied, "that's why they cut away from him whenever he gets to stairs."

19. JarJarIsBoba

JarJarIsBoba Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    "I will not let this Republic that has stood for a thousand years be split in two." This is going to create large continuity debates in here in the coming days and weeks. Obi-Wan said in ANH "For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and Justice in the Old Republic. Now just how old is the Republic? Over a thousand generations or a thousand years?

Well I assume that Jedi Knights have been around longer than the Republic itself.
    Sio Bibble says there was a full-scale war at the formation of the Republic, which was about 1000-years before AOTC.

I think that Obi-Wan means "old Republic" like "pre-Empire." Not like how Tarkin says "Old Republic" with a capital "O."

Or maybe Obi-Wan is exaggerating the myth of the Jedi to Luke a tiny bit, from a certain point of view. ;)

20. DINVADER

Jan 25, 2000
    How does R2 climb stairs? Does he hop up each step, or use boosters?

21. C-3P0

Apr 20, 2001
    R2 kind of walks up the stairs.

The front two legs reach the higher step and the third leg pushes him upwards.

It's a cool motion.

22. VaderSkywalker

VaderSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    Well, for sure though - to those who hates Yoda (is there any?) previously, you might rethink after seeing AOTC.

Yoda is damn great with lightsaber.

23. Bumfork

Bumfork Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2002
    I find it amazing that none of these reviews whine about the cornyness of the title: Attack of the Clones. Are you all over it?

24. jjay

jjay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 1999

The CLONE WARS!

how cool would that be?

25. Bumfork

Bumfork Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2002
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars? Very repetitive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.