main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***OFFICIAL Kill Phil Trilogy Thread*** (KILL PHIL VOL. 1 FOR DOWNLOAD)

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by The_Battle_For_Endor, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robo_obi

robo_obi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    omg....this is so funny...and coincidental.....last year we were gunna do this exact same thing.....with a guy from school called phil.....

will try and download urs sometime later.....see what its like.....

2. The_Battle_For_Endor

The_Battle_For_Endor Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2004
    where do you think I got the idea from?? :p

3. Sau-Den

Sau-Den Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Wow, a huge improvement on Misplaced, especially visually. I really liked the silhouette sunset shots in the beginning and the editing with the music was great. At times a couldn't really see what was happening, but there were only a few shots where that was a problem. But again, the main problem I found was the audio. I couldn't really hear much of the dialogue (and since there were only like 2 or 3 lines in the movie it was sort of a problem, hehe). But I really like this movie basically because it was a large improvement from your last. You're really starting to develop your style and you seem to be becoming a much more skilled cinematographer. I can't wait for Kill Phil, Vol. 2!

4. The_Battle_For_Endor

Jul 18, 2004
    Thanx, coming from you thats a big compliment. You might have seen that i put somewhere on this thread, I said the audio was fine on the capture, but because I forgot to tweak the audio levels of the soundtrack the dialogue sort of got drowned out. Nothing to important anyway lol. Vol. 2 should be a vast improvement on this also. Thanks ;)

5. The_Battle_For_Endor

Jul 18, 2004
    Another little update, filming has finished in the graveyard. So is the opening and the dojo fight scene is being elaborately set up as we type. Vol. 2 is well on course for an October release.

6. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Cool. I love the blood splats! the drill was i think the coolest death Ive seen. You do like to big your self up at the start! the amount of times your name is on screen!

7. The_Battle_For_Endor

Jul 18, 2004
    Stating that I am directing, editing, casting, writing and starring in this trilogy is not exactly what I'd called 'bigging myself up' lol. Just the truth.

thanx ;)

8. ChancellorDecorum

ChancellorDecorum Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2004
    Well for one the music from Back to the Future didnt fit, I couldnt hear the dialogue so I had no idea what was going on, what the plot even was. It had some promising shots that looked good, but on a whole I would have to say it has much to be improved on, but I think the idea was good. SO i give it 2 stars out of 5

9. The_Battle_For_Endor

Jul 18, 2004
    Well at least I didn't get 1 out of 5! Heh, yeah I know the dialogue is messed up, that was my fault on account of putting the background music on too loud. I'll have to tweak that for the trilogy release. Well, I personally thought the Back to the Future soundtrack is genius. I think it went alright though. And don't worry, their isn't a plot. Well.
    There is but nothing is explained in this. Vol. 2 will basically spoon feed the audience the storyline.

10. ChancellorDecorum

ChancellorDecorum Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2004
    It worked ok for feeling in the scene, but just becuase I recognized it from BTTF it took me out of the Kill Bill mood, which the beginning music got me into, so it just kinda threw me, so it was more of a personal thing for me

11. The_Battle_For_Endor

Jul 18, 2004
    [image=http://www.misplaced.iwarp.com/images/poster2_copy.jpg]

Poster, obviously ;)

12. RylorTaduri

RylorTaduri Jedi Master star 2

Sep 2, 2002
    I watched the movie and...

If you wanted to do a Kill Bill lookalike with some Tarantino style, you blew it, sorry to say that.

1) The writing at the beginning is very annoying and looks like it was done in Paint.

2) The opening sequence was way too long. The shots were long, uninteresting, and "Battle Without Honor or Humanity" was way too long. Plus it's already been used by Tarantino. He never uses the same music in his movies.

3)Lighting was way too dark, you could barely see inside the house.

4)The dialogue was barely audible.

5)The music in the fight scene didn't fit at all. It sounded more like a non-John Williams fanfilm battle music.

6)I know it's hard to shoot action sequences, but the way it was done was totally corny. It was slow, lacked dynamism between the shots and again, you couldn't see anything.

Although, props for the drill. That was original.

Y'know, you may be pissed at me for saying that. I get criticized all the time when I do movies too and it's that way you improve. If you work on these issues you might turn out very good.

13. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    But..it was a screwdriver.

How do you kill someone with a screwdriver?

14. The_Battle_For_Endor

Jul 18, 2004
    Nope, don't mind at all. ;)

Although a lot of people seem to have preconceptions that this is supposed to be exactly like a Quentin Tarantino film. It's not, alright? People say "this bit was good but QT wouldn't have done it like that so it was crap." WTF? This is my movie. Sure I took the idea cos I love Kill Bill. But still this is in my own style i wasn't trying to mimic his direction or writing.

I do agree that this was a load of major assed ****. But I still think its a vast improvement on Misplaced, my last film. So where I improve, I'm happy. And Vol. 2 will be even better I hope. Thanks for your comments, I appreciate them ;)

p.s As I have said before, the audio will be fixed next time Vol. 1 is released.

EDIT: But..it was a screwdriver.

You can't really I don't think. But then again, it wasn't a screwdriver.

15. Andy_2-1b

Andy_2-1b Jedi Master star 1

Mar 9, 2004

Watch George Romero's 'Dawn of the Dead' and find out...

16. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003

Although a lot of people seem to have preconceptions that this is supposed to be exactly like a Quentin Tarantino film.

I wonder why that would be, when it rips of a large portion of the music and has a title that RHYMES with Kill Bill for god's sake. People come in expecting an homage or a parody, and don't get either.

17. The_Battle_For_Endor

Jul 18, 2004
    If people were really clever, they'd get where I got the idea for Kill Phil. Thye'd have to British though, and seen a film which was released last monday ;)
    But I mean, I don't go criticising Star Wars fanfilms based on the fact that its not how George Lucas would have done it. Or because its not exactly like a George Lucas film.
    Kill Phil is a bit of fun, experiementing with loads of filmaking techniques and stuff. Not to be taken as a fully fledged, QT fanfilm that looks, sounds and plays out exactly as Kill Bill or any other QT film.
    Sure it has lots of references and what you might call 'rips' of Kill Bill but hey, its a bit of fun.

I went to the dojo that will be used for KP 2 today and was quite honestly disapointed. A bit smaller than I had hoped and not too cool looking. But I still like it. I was more worried about how other people would like it. But I think it has a good feel to it for me anyway.
    I've managed to secure it for a week to shoot all of KP 2 and some of KP3.

Endor, :)

18. The_Doctor1

The_Doctor1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2004
    Just watched Volume 1.

I actually liked the jerky pan at the beginning .. gave it some style .. problem is, it probably wasn't intentional.

Not sure if this is a good or bad comment: I really found the whole thing very humorous, especially all the weapons they were pulling out. ... you have some kind of style that makes the whole thing seem pretty tongue-in-cheek ... I especially like all the foley sounds, kind of made it a bit 70ish kung-fu. Again, not sure that was what you were shooting for. Love the "brutality", although the fighting itself was pretty slow.

As already mentioned, there were audio problems on the dialogue. As for editing, I found the pacing very slow. OK for the intro, but then things should really pick up quickly. During the fight, IMHO, should have had some more intense, louder music.

Good luck on Vols. 2 & 3.

19. The_Battle_For_Endor

Jul 18, 2004
    Thanks, I already said the jerk was intentional at the beginning. The foley was also intentional, I wanted a bit of tongue-in-cheek but that totally. the audio problems I'll fix at a later date. I'll actually be honest now and reveal that Kill Phil Volume One was ment to be Kill Phil. But after watching it back, the ginger guy I was fighting was pretty poor and there was no real pace. That's why I decided to make him an assasin who screwed over the main guy.

Thanks for the comments anyway man, 'preciate it ;)

Another update: All the cemetary stuff I shot came out crap, so I found a different one and shot there today. I had to get permission first though. It came out pretty good though, not birlliant but worlds better than the previous shoot.

20. The_Battle_For_Endor

Jul 18, 2004
    4 caps from the cemetary shoot:

[image=http://misplaced.iwarp.com/images/kp2_0001.jpg]

[image=http://misplaced.iwarp.com/images/kp2_0002.jpg]

[image=http://misplaced.iwarp.com/images/kp2_0003.jpg]

[image=http://misplaced.iwarp.com/images/kp2_0004.jpg]

21. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
    Are you still using auto focus?

22. The_Battle_For_Endor

Jul 18, 2004
    No.

Are you still posting snide comments?

23. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
    Obviously.

But how is bringing up the fact that you used auto-focus snide? The shots look out of focus to me. Maybe it's just the compression. Could also use some color correction, too.

24. The_Battle_For_Endor

Jul 18, 2004
    Because you don't say anything else. Just, 'you still using auto-focus?' I haven't got the program to do colour correction, wish I did but I haven't. I can't buy one either.

25. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001

You obviously need to see Secret Window, one of Depp's greatest performances next to Captain Jack Sparrow.

~Neszis~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.