main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX OFFICIAL Legacy Midnight Premiere Thread

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Nabooty_Call, May 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mithrandir

Mithrandir Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 1999
    Yea, the only DLP theater in North Texas -- the largest movie theater market in the nation -- wont be getting E2 in DLP. You guys are really quite pathetic you know?! And since theater management hasn't informed the idiotic fanboy contigent of a business deal you get sand all in your asses and pitch a fit.

Typical.

2. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    LOL Eric, dont mince words, tell us how you really feel.

:cool:

3. Vijay

Vijay Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2002
    Interesting but maybe irrelevant:
    I was trying to figure out how many seats are in screen 13.

So I went to the website and picked a screening that probably no one has already bought advance tickets to. I picked Wed May 22nd 9am. It looks like they're only pre-selling seats to one screen so far (judging by the times they have listed). The maximum number of seats I can put in is 506 before the site says:

The quantity of tickets being purchased exceeds the number of seats available for this movie.

I checked another time on a different date with the same results. Having been there, this seems about right.

They may sell fewer seats than are in the theater, but this should help us gauge how full the theater is based on line size. Of course, I could have just called the theater and asked :)

I know, I'm a math geek :)

4. Enoch_365

Enoch_365 Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    Here is a neat Factoid. I purchased the last ticket to the midnight showing of AOTC. I feel truly blessed by God!! I would have been really depressed if I had missed it.

5. krwade3

krwade3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    Believe in the living force, it will guide you. Have no fear people we will not be led down the path of Darkness. All will be well...

Red 5 Out

6. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Hello everyone!

No update on the DLP negotiations as of 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 9. The theater will contact us as soon as management has any new information. Stringent requirements on digital copies remain the sticking point...

This weekend looks to be a fun one, with another Saturday party at the Dallas line-up, culminating in our STAR WARS video game championship at 9:00 p.m. that night.

Remember, the more of you that are out there with us, the more fun this event can be!

Also, please note that, although DFW FanForce is assisting the Legacy staff in coordinating the line-up for Attack of the Clones, it is Cinemark and its employees who are ultimately in charge of who gets in to see the film.

Legacy management has stated as a reminder that, although we have the inside scoop on information regarding the premiere, unruly or inappropriate behavior from anyone, DFW FanForce member or otherwise, will be grounds for dismissal from the property.

They are in charge; we're merely helping things run more smoothly for a big event at this great theater.

Let's stick together as we count down the final days until the premiere, and help out our fellow brother and sister STAR WARS fans!

Thanks,
    Brian

7. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    UPDATE!

I've received word this evening from Legacy management that the tickets sold for the premiere showing are for a DIGITAL copy of Attack of the Clones! :D So for every ticket-holder who wanted to see the movie in the manner it was intended, looks like your wish is granted :)

A crucial part of the negotiations has been taken care of. More details to follow!

8. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    So I don't need to trade out all 30 of my tickets then??

I hope not, that was gonna be a pain in the ass if we did have to.

9. krwade3

krwade3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    Like I said it will come to pass.

10. robertwolf

robertwolf Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2002
    I have a pair of extra tickets for the midnight showing @ legacy for trade or sale (face value - no scalping). I'd love to trade them for a Jorg Sacul figure (I wasn't able to go to Celebration 2) or a Toy Fair Vader, but that might be just a dream. I also have tickets to the midnight screening at Stonebriar (AMC) which I'm not going to need (since I was able to get them for the Legacy showing). rwolf55@hotmail.com if interested.

11. Beren

Beren Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 1998
    Cinemark's website has updated the Legacy ticket page. Showings now say DLP. Just got mine for the 9:00am and 4:00pm showings on the 16th. Finally, a great big sigh of relief. Horray!!!

12. Ted_Striker

Ted_Striker Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    is there any word yet as to how many seats one person can hold once inside the theatre (if at all)?

13. DARTHKOOL

DARTHKOOL Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    Hey, That's Show Bizness!!

And there's no business like show business.

14. DARTHKOOL

May 12, 2002
    Hey, That's Show Bizness!!

And there's no business like show business.

15. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Ebert just slammed AOTC and gave it a 'thumbs down'. What a moron.

:cool:

16. Solaris112

Solaris112 Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    The Star Wars Trilogy has never been rated very well with the critics. Not exluding Ebert either. I guess they just have no vision :p

17. DARTHKOOL

May 12, 2002
    Damn, "it would be better to watch this movie with the sound turned down"?

Roger Ebert is gay.
    He needs IG-88 to come up there and teach him a thing or two.

18. ICER

ICER Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    If memory serves, He gave the New Hope a bad rating as well. (Or some critic did)

I don't put much stock in critic's rating. These guys liked the Planet of the Apes remake and Battlefield Earth. :p

19. Solaris112

Solaris112 Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    Ya Ebert would give Jawbreaker two thumbs up but not Star Wars. I pity him

20. DARTHKOOL

May 12, 2002
    STOP WHINING!

21. huskerdooku

huskerdooku Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    Actually, the truth is that Ebert has given all four prior Star Wars films a positive review. This is his first negative Star Wars review.

22. DARTHKOOL

May 12, 2002
    That's scary.

But he's still a bastard.

23. Coachkenobi

Coachkenobi Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    Then again, if he gave TPM a good review, he's not flawless... ;D

24. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    Gene Shalet hated Star Wars in '77.

Look where he is now...

;)

25. Sou-Tra-Kepla

Sou-Tra-Kepla Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2002
    i have been blown out of the water for the last few days, and I'm not all here. what do I have to do to get tickets for that night? E-mail me at
    travis_southerland@hotmail.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.