main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Official Live Action Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by LucasBuiltMeHotRod, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    He did AOTC ten years ago next year, which means he is now an adult not a child. Surely its a bit harsh to judge him on a movie he did ten years ago when he was still a kid?

And as an aside, I disagree with you about his performance in AOTC. I thought he was pretty good in the small number of scenes he had.

2. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    Well, there was a little humor here and there (mainly with Baltar), but how much humor can you really have on a show about genocide and being stuck on a ship for several years?

3. X-Factor

X-Factor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2009
    It's not just his acting in AOTC. Have you heard him being interviewed on The ForceCast? That is not Boba Fett.

4. Jango_Fettish

Jango_Fettish Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    It's totally ridiculous to say that he isn't Boba Fett based on an interview he did as himself. He is an actor and should not be judged by an interview where he is not in character.

I do believe that he should have to audition based on the fact he played the character as a child and not Boba in the age he will be in the series. But his very small roll as the young Boba was fine, and should never be compared to Jake Lloyd. (Who, I might add, gets way too much hassle for the job he did as Anakin. Yeah, he was totally cringe-worthy, but he was just a kid).

I think Daniel Logan should get the opportunity to reprise his role - as long as he does a good job. He shouldn't get it based on his history as the character, but if he can to it, it would be nice for the fans, himself, and continuity's sake.

5. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    The Wire is a better show than BSG...not to mention since this show is about the "lower levels" of life in Star Wars ie criminals, I think that it's a better comparison.

Oh and Omar Little evil? I dunno man, certainly he is a criminal but evil? He is definitely one of the highlight of the series.

6. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I haven't seen this. Have you got a link? :)

7. WookieeWarrior9

Jun 5, 2007
    Harrison Ford is a very mellow dude until he puts on his acting persona.

8. brainwash

brainwash Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2009
    I don't get all the ire towards Daniel Logan, what has anyone seen him do besides Episode 2, anyway? He didn't even do that much in it, either. He could be decent, for all anyone knows.

Star Wars of equal quality as the Wire would be great, though they don't seem very compatible... Star Wars is probably the most un-realistic franchise out there, whereas the Wire was probably the most realistic TV drama made, police or otherwise.

It did have great characters and was neck-deep in its own context and world, which would be fantastic to have any show aspire to be like. It's also great serial writing, which is very much SW's style. So if we get a Wire meets BSG type show with a powerful crime family that also has sympathetic characters in their ranks while they hold their fort/s tooth and claw every episode, then I'm game.

9. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    At least for me, the comparisons to BSG and The Wire with a SW show was about production values and the general structure of the storytelling, with mini-arcs and larger moving in and out of one another rather than specific content.

10. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Probably has to do with having a much smaller role.

11. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    The comparison to BSG makes me laugh...That show is about war/politics and a little religion thrown in...Now the upcoming Caprica being a show about industrial espionage?crime syndicates is probably a far better comparison...But Lucas himself has compared it to Sopranos/Deadwood right?

12. CaptainYossarian

CaptainYossarian Jedi Master star 3

Mar 30, 2003

If you're thinking the show could be like The Wire, maybe they could do some episodes set on Naboo and bring back Jerus Jannick as a hard-drinking, insubordinate womaniser fighting crime on the mean streets of Theed. ;)

13. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    Indeed McNulty is in Theed. "I can't watch it anymore with out thinking, "hey...McNulty".

But again I think the only thing that makes people compare it to SBG is the space angle, which I think is a bit narrow minded. Just like BSG was a space version of West Wing and Black hawk Down, SW LA seems to be Deadwood, Sopranos, The Wire in SW universe.

14. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    No problems with Jake lloyd on my end :)

I still think that Daniel would be perfect(keeping in mind that there is no real reason to use his voice while the helmet is on). Boba would be about about 15 years of age at the start of the Dark Times timeframe, depending on when the story is set.

Daniel would be perfect to play a 15-18 year old version of Fett. He's slightly shorter than Jeremy but that an easy fix for LFL.

And being that he's also a super nice guy and very giving to the fans certainly helps his cause in my eyes, but the fact that I've met him also makes me somewhat biased. Heck he even gave me a hug :confused: after we finished our ten minute chat. :p

15. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    So....anybody know when this thing is going to be released?

16. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Not really.

Anything you hear is mostly speculation.

17. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Hard to believe we have such little information.

I'm guessing 2011 at the earliest.

18. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    You'd think there'd be more info out there...I'm getting annoyed. :)

19. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I like your angry face.[face_laugh] ;)

I do agree with you though, the lack of information on the project so far when it's been stated LFL are aiming at a 2010/2011 release date is kind of worrying, hopefully Celebration V will have some sort of announcement, be it concept art or, if we close our eyes and wish hard enough, a trailer.[face_peace]

20. WookieeWarrior9

Jun 5, 2007
    I'm going on a bit of a hunch, but I'm thinking this will make for perfect news for CV. Remember how the big news at CIV was the trailer and this guy called Dave Filoni lol. I wouldn't be surprised if they had the main cast, show runner, and some production artwork.

21. ratssraw

ratssraw Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2009
    Here is the most recent news I have found on the web about the series, brief interview with George Lucas on Dec. 1, 2010:

http://www.sandwichjohnfilms.com/2009/12/george-lucas-talks-star-wars-and-red.html

22. ratssraw

ratssraw Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2009
    One thing, there is another member, Chewgumma, who thinks I am the one who did the interview and "pimping out" this website, I am not. Until yesterday when I found the site with the story on it, I had never heard of the site before. I am another fan just like you guys who found this story on the web and thought I would share it. So Chewgumma, if you want to accuse on this thread as well, you would be wrong again. In fact, on the article page, the actual interviewer's email address is listed, why don't you contact him directly and ask. He seems to be proud of his interview, hence all the photos of him and George Lucas on the page.

23. ratssraw

ratssraw Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2009
    Chewgumma, you are wrong with your dates! Steve Sansweet said, at DragonCon, that 2012 as a probable release year for the series. Here is one of many articles quoting this (and no, I did not write this article either!):

http://www.bigshinyrobot.com/reviews/archives/8279

24. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Dude you certainly are not going to get anywhere if you hold grudges, especially just because someone doubts who you are and is given no reasonable answer.[face_shame_on_you] If you want to talk about that then either PM me when you get 20 posts or talk about it in the relative thread instead of derailing another thread for no reason.

As for the release date it's been months since I last checked. At the time the estimated release period given was 2010/2011.[face_peace]

Edit: Seeing as the relevant thread is locked, if you want to talk about anything refering to my belief that you are self promoting this 'interview' then PM when you have the ability to.

25. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Wasn't the series starting in 2010 when it was first announced? It seems to do nothing except get pushed back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.