main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Official Live Action Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by LucasBuiltMeHotRod, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I do remember a poster that had Darth Vader (Probaby for TFU), TCW Yoda amd Boba Fett with three dates emblazoned by the side of them, with Boba Fett having a large 2010 by his face. With later rumours being confirmed that Boba would play a part in the LAS it was assumed that this was the predicted release date for the LAS.

2. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Well, I guess that 2010 Boba Fett poster actually meant Celebration V, which has Fett in the logo.

3. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    I just stumbled across a copy of Star Wars Insider (I think it was before it was called insider) from 2004 that has a small piece about the LAS.[face_plain]

4. Corpseslayer

Corpseslayer Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2009
    I think that the following characters will be included:
    -Galen Marek
    -Boba Fett
    -Captain Typho

Maybes/Hopes
    -Palpatine
    -Leia
    -Chewy
    -Darth Vader

I am all of a sudden incredibly psyched

(I got this info from wookipedia - any credibility?)

5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    We think Boba Fett is pretty much confirmed at this point, otherwise the rest is pure speculation

6. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I think it will be cooler if we'll be seeing all new characters. I'm sure we will, for the most part, actually.

7. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I really don't want them to overdo Boba Fett. Part of the reason he is so popular is the mystery behind him and the fact that it is rare to see him. I think seeing him too often will take away from his popularity.

8. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    When the prequels were coming, everyone raved about how there would be epic Braveheart-sized lightsaber battles throughout the new trilogy. After seeing them, they complained that there were too many lightsabers. [face_plain] Despite the fact that the story was inevitably going to involve the height of the Jedi Order, it is still stated that lightsabers were overused.

Star Wars fans are too often like people who live in a part of the country that's always devastated by a natural disaster, but complain when that natural disaster strikes... every year.

But you have the chance to face reality. Much like the people who complained that there were too many lightsabers in the prequels, you have to accept that its inevitable that Boba Fett (based on many statements) is going to have a substantial role in this story.

So you can cling to the idea of the mystery of this character, or you can watch the show and encounter disappointment. But it's your job to understand going in that your definition of this character is being trashed by the very premise of the show.

9. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008

Exactly. For the most part Han, Darth Maul and Boba should be held off from anything unless they are really needed.

10. jasperjones

jasperjones Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    I'm really hoping the live action series gets back to old school SW, and I'm really hoping that with GL back where's he's at his best, as a guiding hand and overseer as opposed to writing and directing that this will restore some of the lustre to the SW franchise.

I think they would be crazy if some of the big names don't show up every now and again but they really need to be careful with who they use. I think the only classic players should be Palpatine, Vader, Fett, Tarkin, Jabba, Bail, very possibly a young Leia and very rarely Obi-Wan (if they need an older actor and Ewan is busy/ uninterested they could do a lot worse than Branagh - watch Wallander, he really has a burnt out Obi-Wan vibe going on). I don't think they should ever be used too much, more as the occasional guest appearance or name drop, but they could really create a buzz if used properly. I hope they steer well clear of Han, Chewie, Luka and Yoda.

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't remember people complaining about too many lightsabers in the prequels- though they have complained about the Jedi-centric nature of them to the exclusion of the "normal mortals" that humanized/grounded the OT, as well as the devaluing of the lightsaber's meaning to a running joke, and the use of a sabers by Yoda and Sidious, but never about the quantity of saber presence.

12. jasperjones

jasperjones Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    I do think that by the end of the prequels, the lightsaber fights had lost some of their cool, but I think this was more down to the way they were dealt with. In the OT, the duels and the sabers were less balletic and felt perhaps more real to me, as if the Sabers had a real weight - GL used to compare Luke's saber to Excalibur - and I think by the time Grievous is helicoptering his sabers around in ROTS it's become a slight case of sometimes less is more (for me anyway - I can appreciate how some prefer the prequel saber action).

13. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    And let's not forget Cato Parasitti in The Clone Wars...:mad:

14. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    To me, it seemed that in that scene Parasitti tried swinging a lightsaber around but didn't really know what she was doing. Ahsoka even made a comment to that effect IIRC.

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Lightsaber handling is inconsistent in the series- you have the lighter weapons of tbe prequels, the heavy swords of ANH, the fencing of ESB and the more baseball bat-like ones of ROTJ.

The attitude towards them I think is more noticable- in the OT, the lightsaber is treated with reverence and respect (very much Excalibur). In the PT, their more tool-like and their loss merely becomes a running joke.

16. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    I have the nagging feeling that by the end of the clone wars series Ashoka will fail to become a knight and survive the purge. She will be the center of the LAS. I remember in the time before the PT, when a ST was still considered the Bearded One said in an interview when asked about the ST that it will center around a character which will be introduced in the PT that we never see in the OT. Back when details got about TPM I thought it will be JarJar (lets hope not), now I think Ashoka will be the one (not for the ST but the LAS). I think a bad, scarred Ashoka will be a better fit than to take the myth away from good ol Boba.

17. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
  18. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    Dude, there's a clip from DUNE in that trailer!

19. Tagne

Tagne Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2005
    For the Hyperspace subscribers who received the last fanclub kit, is that true George Lucas said in his letter that the LAS will not come out before 7 more years?

I read that on a Facebook group but did not find any confirmation...

20. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    If that is true, then the reason is probably that he wants to finish TCW series first, and then produce a healthy amount of episodes and scripts(just like he did with the clone wars) before it starts airing.

I hope this isn?t true though, 7 years is a long time.

21. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Too long for a show that was first mentioned in 2004.[face_plain] If his comment is true it could be a typical GL red herring, he is the man that started 'Blue Harvest' after all. ;)

22. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    As I understand it, he wrote "several years" and not "seven years".

23. Tagne

Tagne Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2005
    I think you're right, as I found his quote on Wookieepedia : "We're also doing a lot of preliminary work on the eventual live-action Star Wars series, but that's still several years away and too early to talk about in specific terms"...

24. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    I hope it is still gonna air in 2012.

25. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    New story on the Live Action Series at io9

TFN's link to the story says this:

So nothing new.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.