main
side
curve
  1. A Message For Everyone:

TCW vs. Rebels debates are not allowed in the Television forum. As in, discussions that descend into TCW/Rebels bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Contrasting the themes, story lines, characters, etc. between the shows is allowed (welcomed, even). "Versus" debates/arguments, however, are a deal-breaker.
  2. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Live Action Official Live Action Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by LucasBuiltMeHotRod, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scolai

Scolai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2009
    Not so! We discovered that at least one TFN writer doesn't know the difference between cannon (a thing that goes boom) and canon (the books/sources that make up the "true" continuity).

This is my rifle, this is my gun...

2. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 13, 2000
    Haha, nice catch.

(We need a cannon-go-boom smiley)

3. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    [image=http://davebrendon.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/my-star-wars-collection-1.jpg] <-- canon
    [image=http://atheiststation.org/mpc/docs/images/cannon.jpg] <-- cannon
    [image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/e/e1/Planet_Defender.jpg/250px-Planet_Defender.jpg] <-- canon cannon

4. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    [image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/2/2a/Sundari.jpg/800px-Sundari.jpg] --- cannon canon

5. Helmet

Helmet Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 1, 2001
    Most (if not all) of the LAS news from io9.com (from thecelebritycafe.com) is from a two year old interview Lucas did with Total Film magazine: http://www.millenniumfalcon.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8008

6. Scolai

Scolai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2009
    Love her or hate her, Traviss did kind of confirm Boba in the live action:

[link=http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Karen_Traviss_Speaks_Out_Again_129428.asp]Karen Traviss Speaks Out[/link]

7. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Rick McCallum already let us know this quite a while back. I guess Karen's words back what he said, but he is way closer to the live action series than Karen is.

8. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Once again, I want to say I DO NOT want Boba Fett in the show! The whole reason he was cool was he was mysterious and unique. Now he really isn't, at least to me, because he was revealed to be just one of millions of identical clones. Then The Clone Wars had Mandalorians that were pretty much just clones of him.

If he has a major role in the show, there is a strong chance any shreds of his coolness will be destroyed in my mind.

9. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Fistofan1, that is unfortunately the nature of mysteries. Once they're solved, you just have to hope that there's a good story in there. We all signed up for "continuing adventures" in the Star Wars universe. This is one of the consequences.

10. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    Star Wars: Outer Rim

http://moviecultists.com/2010/04/01/exclusive-the-star-wars-live-action-tv-series-has-a-title/

11. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Taking it with a grain of salt, of course, since it's just a one-on-one report.

But "Outer Rim" does sound like a viable title, and I quite like it. It fits with the proposed angle of showing more the dark underbelly of the galaxy, what better place to find these scoundrels than in the Outer Rim?

12. Pua

Pua Jedi Knight

Mar 28, 2010
    I find the date suspicious...

13. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    Yeah, it's fake. I thought it was real because IMDB posted it today and then I went to the source article. Lame. Sorry about that.

14. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Oh, right. Scratch that.

Bloody hell, not only do we have to be wary of April's Fools, but also be on the lookout for old bogus stories which resurface.

15. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    The title was fine, but why does every freaking story have to be set in the outer rim aka the old west of the SW galaxy. A trip to the big cities is always nice once in a while, after all.

As far as this series goes, does anyone remember Dave's idea for the clone wars cartoon, which was to create a new group of smuggles with a Jedi imbeded with them, who travel around the galaxy... I think that would make an excellent series. We'd get smuggler story lines, rebel aka insurgent plots, Jedi trying not to get caught but do what he can to help those in need...

and best of all it's funny because it was Dave's just like idea for TCW so in a sense Lucas and Dave traded ideas. LOL.

16. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Things are not looking good. According to the the ForceCast, GL has said that the LAS is on hold until they find a way to make the series financially viable.

17. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    Good luck with that. They can rarely make large-scale battles in TCW. I don?t know how they are going to do it in a live action show.Although they could save on the cost in some areas, such as ?extras? put in plastic armour being cheaper that animating soldiers. A lot of people would be glad to put on a costume and walk around in the background for free.

What even going to happen in the live action series anyway. Its set in a time period when not a lot was going on, the rebellion wasn?t even founded yet.

18. Alexrd

Alexrd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 7, 2009
    The Rebellion was founded in this time period.

19. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Although you don't need the full-fledged Rebel Alliance to have things going on. All you need is scattered resistance groups, which surely existed since the formating years of the Empire.

20. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    I'm just gonna chalk this one up to "Not happening".

21. EHT

EHT New Films Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Sep 13, 2007
    Interesting, I wonder if the LAS is indeed not likely to happen after all.

22. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Is the Forcecast official?

I understand that many of the scripts have already been written and they have been doing pre-production for about two years, at least, now. I can't imagine the financial thing being a concern given what we saw out of Battlestar Galactica and how low their budget was. I mean, Lucasfilm has the money.

Unless they are doing something weird like they did with the Indy franchise with Young Indiana Jones Chronicles and Lucas is afraid people won't tune in. As long as he keeps it commercial enough and mainstream SW, it should be fine. But if he goes off in a weird, unexpected and unusual direction then we have a problem.

23. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    I'm pretty sure this series will happen. Lucas and the crew have promised us it and fans are looking forward to it. When he says it's on hold, he mean it's on hold, not "canceled forever". I'm not giving up hope for the series, and neither should any of you.

24. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    I approve of the optimism in your post, but I'm old enough to recall the so-called sequel trilogy as well. So it's easier to see the pessimistic side of the argument as well.

25. vong333

vong333 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    When did they say that the series was delyaed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.