main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Official Live Action Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by LucasBuiltMeHotRod, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    THERE IS NO UNDERWEAR IN SPACE! :eek:

2. jellydonot

jellydonot Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2007
    There's a recent poll about George Lucas' work in regards to the new tv series on pollsb:

http://www.pollsb.com/polls/poll/3018/george-lucas-announces-star-wars-the-tv-series

3. Renzo

Renzo Jedi Knight

Feb 11, 2005

I agree. I want some Jedi in the TV series, but I certainly don't want them in every episode, being involved in every storyline. If I want Jedi, I will look at my bookshelf and read the 100+ novels and comic books to quench my thirst. I want the TV series to be different, to set itself apart from most of the EU and the movies.

4. LucasBuiltMeHotRod

LucasBuiltMeHotRod Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    Thanks for the warning Shane...is that a saw behind your back?!?!?!

5. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Reading this thread, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's getting unnaturally excited by the thoughts of a live-action Thall Joben, even if it's just a guy in the background getting into a podracer who happens to look like him. We know the intention will be there :p

Even with several pinches of salt, I'm still getting pumped :D

6. LucasBuiltMeHotRod

LucasBuiltMeHotRod Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    I believe one of the "Best Week Ever" dudes once said "Star Wars is like pizza. Even when its not that great, its still pizza."

Not that I believe this will bomb or anything...

7. Cid

Cid Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2007
    100% agreed. Plus, JEJ wouldn't be hard to get.

Why is it when people want Jedi the assumption is always made that they want every character to be a Jedi? One. 1. Uno. One Jedi. That's all i'm asking. Even two is one too many (IMO).

Not true. When you think SW that's the first thing that comes to most people's minds. It's one of the things that separates SW from the rest of the bundle of SF/Fantasy properties. Most, if not all, casual fans don't know the names of 99% of the Jedi on screen but they know a lightsaber when they see one. They know the sound it makes. They know it's Star Wars. And, speaking as a Jedi fan, to totally leave us out is a terrible, terrible mistake.

I'm not saying i won't watch it, that's ridiculous and far too AICN talkbacky for my tastes, but i hate hate hate the fact that they are talking about totally leaving all Jedi out as main character roles. To me that's leaving me out of it. That's what i like about SW and what i have always liked. I do NOT want the focus to be Jedi centric (since that is what people uneasy about their exclusion are accused of), and i DO want everyone else to have what they want (Smugglers, Bounty hunters, Rebels, Stormtroopers, etc...), but i DO want one Jedi in a prominant role. There is no reason to leave them out all together (Unless it is set just before ANH, but that's it), none at all.

And, yes, any Jedi character would have HAD to have died by the opening credits of ANH (preferrably years before that)

Again, not true. Nowhere in the ROTS does it say they are all dead, in fact it alludes the opposite. Why send the beacon out if all of them are dead? Sure Obi-wan and Yoda didn't know if any were alive, but it's senseless to insist that they are all dead by the end of ROTS or that a casual fan would somehow pick that out. There just isn't anything to give anyone reason to state either way! A casual fan MIGHT remember that they are all dead by the start of ANH, maybe.

As for Jedi only concerning hardcore fans, i'll leave that until the show debuts without them. Then i have faith you guys will see just how wrong you really are.

And, one last time, no one is saying "fill the show with Jedi." That would be stupid and if it was the issue, i'd be on your side 100%

One last note: Despite how things may seem, Jedimarine, this post wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. I'm not trying to shoot you down personally. You're as entitled to your opinion as i am, as is anyone who shares your views. It's just that no amount of talking me down will ease my sense of dissappointment and loss at the prospect of having a TV series without my favorite part of the whole thing. It sucks and is terribly frustrating. I hope you can understand that.

8. Blackfryar

Blackfryar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2007
    completely agreed with Cid. one jedi doesn't mean all jedi and on the verge of extinction doesn't mean extinct. the siberian tiger is on the verge on extinction, on the other hand the poor dodo is completely extinct.
    Even if they get less and less visible, the Jedi should always be a major narrative tool for the next series. just like darth vader and darth sidious. if the jedi and sith minions are not part (even a small part) of the LAS most people would feel deceived. look out Jimmy Kimmel's parody: bib fortuna, bossk and max rebo, though funny to watch, are certainly not what people are expecting from a starwars TV-series. nor thall joben...

9. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I totally agree. If there isn't a major Jedi character, or characters, in this series it will surely fail. I hope to see a small group with a few non-jedi throw in on the run, sort of like the A-Team series, where they are hunted down by the Empire, but manage to escape here and there with the occasional death occurring here and there as well with these new characters.

10. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I gotta say, I was kinda dreading the live action. Mainly because I feel Lucas has dragged it on enough, and it's going to be boring without Vader and the Skywalkers.

But now I'm just happy for anything new from Star Wars. I'm loving EU more than usual, and digging the comics. But I'm psyched for 3D Clone Wars.

11. GeneralGrievous1

GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
    So excited for the TV show! I'd much rather have another trilogy of movies but a TV series will be amazing!

I always hoped to see more Pod Racing so this rumour is great to hear. :D

12. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    The Podracing is the thing I'm least looking forward to though it'll be interesting to see if it's changed at all as the Empire began to cement it's control.

13. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Of course, it goes without saying that these are just rumors. The series hasn't even been written yet. In other words, file this under; INTERESTING: But don't get your hopes up that you'll see any of the stuff mentioned here.

14. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    I thought that went without saying. :p

15. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    McCallum apparently confirmed Boba Fett will be in the series.

16. Jango_Fettish

Jango_Fettish Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    Do you mean from his previous comments, or did this just happen? I know there was a big con in Paris this past weekend, is that what you mean?

My excitement is skyrocketing right now. Even though I knew he would be in it, an official public confirmation would be nice. [face_praying]

EDIT: Never mind, just found the TFN article. Awesome stuff!

17. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Excellent to have confirmation of Boba Fett's involvement. :D

How old is Daniel Logan now, anyway?

18. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I believe he is 20.

19. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Cool. Thanks. :) So, he's plenty old enough for a starring role as a bona fida Bounty Hunter. :D

20. Jango_Fettish

Jango_Fettish Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    Check out these pictures of Daniel in Syracuse the other day: From Rebelscum

He really does look like a young Morrison, more than ever. Daniel is definitely old/big enough now to wear the Mando armor.

21. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Damn, he's twenty already? How old was he in AOTC? 15 doesn't seem right.

22. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    he hsot is stuff wehn he was 13 I believe. You have to factor in the two yars of post-production.

23. Cellist

Cellist Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2003
    Yeah, he was about 12 or 13 when he filmed his scenes for AOTC.

I really do hope they cast him as Boba Fett again. It'd be great for continuity.

24. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    I'm not too happy about Boba being the focus, but I'm still wondering how it'll turn out.

25. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    I don't think it said Boba will be the focus, just probably one of the main characters. Mr. Fett is a good hook to bring in casual fans to the series, not to mention he's pretty cool.

The more I hear about this, the more I want to see it. I didn't follow the day to day news back when the prequels were being made, so this is all a bit new and very exciting to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.