Live Action Official Live Action Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by fanboyskywalker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Team Padme Force Ghost

star 4
    So it's either a live action tv show on ABC family or that cartoon show Lucas teased at Celebration VI?
  2. vong333 Force Ghost

star 4
    Im not buying that star wars will succeed as a live action series. It borders on just fandom interest than the general public. People I have talked to balked at the idea and thought of a live action show. Unless they have darth vader , the emperor and the empire hunting jedi and rebels its going to be a tough sell. Who wants to see Soprano's in star wars or that other tv series thats playing on cable that has gangsters from the 1930's and stuff like that(which is good). I know that I wouldn't watch it past the first show. Why watch a show with smoking, seedy characters, bars, slums, and the criminal element when we have all these other shows that do it and do it better. I know I'm not the only one thinking this.

We need to get another animated series going that does not have the same animation style of the clone wars and does not cover the clone wars but another era. Thats were star wars is really going to be good at.
    Last edited by vong333, Jan 11, 2013
    fett 4 likes this.
  3. Kyris Cavisek Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I wouldn't mind a dark times show, with a dark seedy side, but I would also want Bail Organa and "Captain" Ackbar, Mon Mothma, let me see the origins of the Alliance... Yeah we can go on a Boba Adventure for an episode or two... But if you do early Alliance on the run or in hiding, you could get a pretty good show...
  4. 07jonesj Force Ghost

star 4
    If it's good, people will come.
    Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  5. darthzac14 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Well the impression I got is that Disney XD is gonna pick up Detours (new Star Wars animated comedy) and ABC is talking about Underworld (new Star Wars live-action between Episodes 3 & 4)
  6. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    I would love to see the LAS, I hope Disney won't water it down so it will fit on one of their own channels. Surely they could let another network run it if it was too adult for their stuff.

I would prefer they not do it at all than do it cheaply or tone it down.
    fistofan1 and 07jonesj like this.
  7. Redfivee Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    If S.H.I.E.L.D. is a big hit then you can bet some type of SW Live Action show will be on ABC.I just hope it's UNDERWORLD and not something else {like a spin off series about characters in the new trilogy}.
  8. Kyris Cavisek Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Didn't you head about pretty little Jedi?
  9. Kyris Cavisek Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    That will happen too, but probably not until 9 is out. Since they won't want to kill off characters that might be used in later films in the trilogy...
  10. fett 4 Chosen One

star 4
    Lol when you mention SHIELD why do I keep thinking Vic Macky
  11. fett 4 Chosen One

star 4

Pretty much agree with this right here. It's Stawars thats what people want to see. Not the Sopranos.

Like you say make it about the rise of Darth Vader that's who people wanna see and about the formation of the Rebel Alliance etc
    Last edited by fett 4, Jan 12, 2013
  12. DanielUK Force Ghost

star 4
    I believe it was last year, when several rumours emerged of Mara Jade, Ferus Olin and Galen Marek could all make a possible appearance in Underworld. One of the scripts does include a plot surrounding plans for the Death Star.

Boba Fett is meant to be the main character, anti-hero, for the entire series. Underworld was originally conceived to explain how Darth Vader knew all the bounty hunters in Empire Strikes Back.
    rumblewagon likes this.
  13. DanielUK Force Ghost

star 4
    I thought the [new] cartoon show was a potential Knights of the Old Republic?
  14. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    I've not seen much that indicates the LAS would be hugely violent or have a great deal of sexual content. Is that really Star Wars? It could have Star Trek levels of violence and still be good, which I'm sure is a level ABC would be fine with.
    Last edited by SithLordDarthRichie, Jan 12, 2013
  15. Kyris Cavisek Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I would love to see one of the side plots as Bail Organa and Ferus Olin...
  16. 07jonesj Force Ghost

star 4
    Ron Moore wrote some scripts, so perhaps BSG levels of content? I definitely don't expect an 18/Mature rating. Not going to happen.
  17. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Just because he wrote one type of sci-fi doesn't mean he'll write another the same way. He was obviously hired because he did a very good modern sci-fi show well.
  18. Campy Campelton Jedi Youngling

One of the crime families could support the rebels covertly. I don't think there would be enough dramatic tension considering the fact that we all know what will happen to Vader.
  19. fett 4 Chosen One

star 4
    Perhaps about Vader though it doesn't have to be about him, but as said in the opening crawl for ANH,The Rebels have won there first victory against the Empire. Easy opening there to show how the Rebellion got started and there early battles. With an 18 year gap there is huge story potential there, I am just sorry they went for the most boring idea imaginable, a gangsta show, only this time in Space !
  20. 07jonesj Force Ghost

star 4
    Seeing life on Coruscant would be great though! (Optimism, ho!)
  21. fett 4 Chosen One

star 4
    I would love to be proved wrong, though this sounds eerily similar to Caprica by Moore and that was pretty bad. I also have never forgiven Moore for ruining Gul-Dukat in DS9 either.
  22. Campy Campelton Jedi Youngling

The originality depends on the people involved. Now that Lucas will be less involved i am much more optimistic about this.
  23. 07jonesj Force Ghost

star 4
    I enjoyed Caprica. It did it's job of being a good prequel to BSG and setting up the Adama family and Cylons. Of course it was weaker than BSG but that was to be expected.
  24. fett 4 Chosen One

star 4
    For me the annoying generic Hollywood kids doing all the Buffy fighting in that 30's gangster computer game killed it for me.
    Last edited by fett 4, Jan 13, 2013
  25. Kyris Cavisek Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    That was one prediction from things Lucas and others have said about the show. Beings that it would be on ABC, I could see it could be more along the lines of Bail Organa and Mon Mothma show... With maybe a Jedi who never became a knight or something... (sneezes) Ferus