main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Official Live Action Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by LucasBuiltMeHotRod, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/JoZ/BerlusconiFacepalm.jpg]

I really hope not!

2. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    TV, I suspect will always exist. Movie theaters, I give about 20 years more of so, but TV will be around a LONG time. technology certainly is moving in the direction of giving us less and less of a reason to go outdoors. In fact, under the right conditions the tech already exists to make you not need to EVER leave your house. it's actually kinda scary.

But in any case, back on topic, it's nice to know that the idea of the show is still floating around the office, as it were, and I have patience enough to wait for it. Before I was worried about them getting the stories together, but with the whole problem being a budgetary one, that sort of thing is more easily surmountable, even if it takes time.

3. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    These development things don't sound good to me. If you let a series languish too long, interest gets lost and the creators might wanna work on something else.

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    The latest from Rick seems to suggest that Lucas isn't even fully into the project yet, and they're looking at some insane budget for each episode, rather than going the BSG/Firefly/etc. route and having less lavish a production.

I don't even know why we're discussing the series at this point, they've had NOTHING new to tell in the last 5 years.

Humble_Jedi likes this.
  5. Renasko

Renasko Jedi Knight

Jun 17, 2007
    Well, you know why. It's not happened before, from what we've heard it could be good, and it sure can't be as bad as some of the other SW products (Clone Wars, in particular) that have been put out recently. And we're optimists.

Plus, the fans crave new live-action content. It remains the one project I'd like to see that gets the light of the day, and that's even including an actual third installment in the KotOR series, not a bloody MMO game.

But no matter...if it ain't happening in even the next 3-4 years, then we may as well give up hope altogether.

6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    ;) Just like people kept asking for Episodes VII-IX, right?

7. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Personally I think theyre being too ambitious with the production. Theyre trying to make this series upstage the movies in terms of set pieces and effects, and personally I think that would be odd for the series to do that, since it isnt even involving the irconic characters from the movies. Fans would be satisfied if it had the same quality as the Star Trek series. But people arent going to want to wait that long.

8. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    I was just about to comment that I have begun to doubt very much that this show will ever happen, but it looks like others have had that thought.

9. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Join the club alot of people have been thinking that for years and now with GL retiring who knows if we will ever get it[face_tired]

10. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    what we do know is that we are going to get more animation. In the form of Seth Green stuff.

11. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    Lucas is retiring from blockbuster movies. This show is not a part of that equation. Plus the ground work is already laid out. He was never announced as a director, McCallum will produce so he can go about his business even if this goes into production.

12. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah. Lucas isn't retiring as in leaving for good, but he's retiring from creating blockbuster filmmaking.

Lucas said something similiar to this back in 05.

13. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    Rumors abound:

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2012/02/02/could-star-wars-underworld-have-a-time-travel-premise/

"According to the new, untested AICN source, Underworld will involve ?a group of bandits acquiring the capability of time travel, and using it to travel back in time to stop Darth Vader from ever existing.?"

14. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    I'm a friend of Sara Conner.

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of those recurring retirements like KISS' final tour, the Rolling Stones' final tour, Black Sabbath's final tour, etc. Bands have been doing "final" tours repeatedly since the 80's. I wouldn't be surprised if the same happens with GL's retirement(s).

16. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    Sports figures, too... Muhammad Ali, Michael Jordan... lots of boxers, really. And Stephen King... he retired like thirty novels ago.

17. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Come to think of it, I remember before Ep. I came out he said he was only going to direct that one to set the tone for the prequels and other people would direct the other two, and obviously that didn't happen.

So counting GG's example this is at least the third "retirement." Let's hear "War Pigs"!!! Woooooo!!!

18. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Here's a thread to discuss witch characters you'd like to see in the live action series, if it's ever made, though.

Sorry if there's already a discussion on this. If there is please lock this thread.

I'd like to see

C-3PO
    R2-D2
    Bail and Breha
    Owen and Beru
    Young Luke and Leia
    Jabba
    Sidious
    Vader
    Tarkin
    Obi-Wan

19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
  20. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    LORD KOWAK

[/thread]

21. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Tan Divo

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    YES. And Jaller Obrim.

23. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
  24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Jaller Obrim? Cop on Coruscant in the RC books.

25. Inblackestnight

Inblackestnight Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2012
    I would prefer most of the characters to either be new or lesser-known EU characters so Underworld doesn't do as much damage to continuity as TCW has been. Not to mean I don't want bona fide main characters to at least get a mention, just not much beyond that so the franchise can actually break some new ground and not leave us wondering when/what will be retconned later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.