main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Official Live Action Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by LucasBuiltMeHotRod, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I'm still hopeful that Lucas will be more hands off with the live action series and actually allow others like Kevin Smith and Steven Spielberg to play in the universe.

A Tool and Inblackestnight like this.
  2. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    San Hill
    Tikkes

3. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Weren't they both killed by Vader on Mustafar?

4. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    No

5. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Are you sure? Wookiepedia says both were. I never paid enough attention to that part of the movie to see if they were there or not.

6. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    San Hill was there but survived, Tikkes never went to Mustafar.

jackg1 and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  7. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh okay. That makes sense, as even though I wasn't really looking for them, I didn't see them on screen.

8. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    R2-KT.
    What I would really like to see is good writing, direction, and a coherent concept. In short, Lucas (George and Katie) should stay the hell away from it. Forget (there's another word starting with the same letter, but it is banned by the content filters and code of conduct) Kevin Smith, and Spielberg too for that matter. Find some talented amateur writers and directors. Consult with JMS (but don't let him write anything unless he has 5 years of prep time) about how to make a good story arc. Maybe talk to Joss Wheadon.

9. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    For future reference, its Joss Whedon.

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    At least he didn't write Josh.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  11. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    Savage, Ashoka, Jar Jar, Lux, Bo-Katan, Maul, and Satine.

12. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Commander Cody. It would be great to have Temuera Morrison sign on and gave us an insight into the transition from Clone Troopers to Stormtroopers.

13. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Having Temuera Morrison say the quote on Cody's thoughts about the stormtroopers in comparison to the clone troopers would be excellent.

14. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    To be honest, I'm split when it comes to this. Assuming they ever get around to making the live action series—or "Underworld"—there's a part of me that wants to see all kinds of things showing up. I want Quinlan Vos, his wife Khaleen, and their son Korto. I would love to see some of Galen Marek/Starkiller's earlier exploits for the Empire, and Sam Witwer's already said he'd be more than happy to come back. While it shouldn't be an often recurring idea, a special event that gets Obi-Wan on some kind of mission either on or off Tatooine would be great. I want Boba Fett building his career, clone troopers both as loyal stormtroopers and AWOL dissenters, Vader hunting Jedi survivors, and Jedi survivors dodging Imperials.

But then there's the other part of me that remembers what it was like in 2008, before The Clone Wars started. That part still remembers wanting to see ARC troopers being awesome, episodes with clone commando missions, guest appearances by characters like T'ra Saa, Tholme, Kal Skirata, and Walon Vau, appearances of the Null ARCs here and there, episodes devoted to a range of different Jedi Generals, Spar, Shysa, and the Mandalorian Protectors, Dooku being a darkly persuasive anti-villain, and his cadre of Dark Acolytes. And that part of me vividly remembers being repeatedly, and often bitterly disappointed by character bans, poor characterizations, and a slew of needless changes to canon.

So I suppose the short answer is...I don't want to see anyone I like showing up in the live action series. Experience tells me they'll be mischaracterized, mishandled, and their histories needlessly remolded. Better they not appear at all than their stories be ruined. Sorry for the downer post. I'm just saying.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  15. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Sadly, I feel the exact same way, I don't have much hope for Underworld at this point, due to everything Mia Mesharad mentioned.

16. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    The more realistic scenario is that the LAS is never going to happen. Sadly.

17. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I'd like to see K'Kruhk but considering he's a major protagonist in Dark Times, there's no reason for the LAS to mess up that brilliant comic series.

18. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Temuera Morrison as an ageing veteran of the Clone Wars currently in Imperial service. A recognisable character like Cody would be an obvious way to link the new series tangentially to what came before.

Possibly Ewan McGregor as the hermit Obi-Wan Kenobi who goes off-planet to surreptitiously help the anti-Imperial movement, plus Ian McDiarmid as Emperor Palpatine and Jimmy Smits as Bail Organa. As the LAS should focus primarily on original characters, these three should have cameo roles.

19. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    If the series gets made, I would love to see a Separatist who survives the war. Maybe... Tikkes.

Cause after all we kinda do not see him in any of the adaptations of RotS. It would be awesome to see him interact with the Underworld since he has done so before during the war but he can not let go of the past like having a personal droid army just in case.

20. kenobifan1999

kenobifan1999 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    what are you talking about?? on wookiepedia it says they were both killed on mustafar, and thats canon. even if its not seen on scene

and it shows anakin killing san hill in the comic
    [​IMG]

21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    It is the same thing like with Eeth Koth in TCW. We do not see him die, it is just written somewhere but TCW made it canon that he survived. LOL

Tikkes never died on Mustafar until the lazy publication in the Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, he was considered MIA and then in the last minute some idiot at LFL or the book's publishing said - yeah, we never see him die but he is dead. So I do not consider that BS book for a truthful source.

San Hill is shown to die but Tikkes is not shown or is not depicted in any way so that is why I am mentioning him on appearing.
    They could even combine Tessek and Tikkes is the same person but just changed his name to continue on in the Underworld.

22. kenobifan1999

Sep 3, 2012
    I guess...but until further notice we should consider him dead.

23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Sure. "Officially" he is dead but the movies, books and comics about ROTS say otherwise. Until the release of the ****** encyclopedia, both Tikkes and Rogwata were considered MIA.

24. kenobifan1999

Sep 3, 2012
    wait up a second...who in the blazes is Rogwata? lol ive never heard of him

25. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Rogwa Wodrata

I hope we see her in the series and her leave the CIS and help the Republic in some way, and is killed.

I bet Filoni has never heard of her. LOL

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.