Live Action Official Live Action Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by fanboyskywalker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. VladTheImpaler Jedi Master

star 4
    I know nothing about CGI costs, but I'll tell you that Farscape had some of the best "practical" effects I've ever seen on TV. Great sets, great make-up, great puppetry/animatronics.

It was all shot in Australia, and make-up effects were done by David Elsey who worked on Revenge of the Sith. Using some of the same staff, I'm sure the live action Star Wars show could look great even on a TV budget.
  2. PlagueisesApprentice Jedi Knight

star 1
    I heard it was about the relationship between bounty hunters, the empire, smugglers etc.

Maybe even jabba and Xizor will make an apperance
  3. Pat Darksider Force Ghost

star 4
    There was an interview about this on TFN and GL wants Jabba in the new series, but GL doesnt know Xizor at all, so I dont think there´s space for such an EU character...
  4. Robimus Force Ghost

star 5
    Of minor to no interest.......in late April I got to talk to Daniel Logan who said he's had no contact with Lucas about the Live action series, but that he would love to be involved.

Last week I had the oppurtunity to ask Jeremy Bulloch the same question. He as well said he's heard nothing about it from George, but certainly would consider it if the oppurtunity arose. He mentioned one of the things he loves about acting is its uncertain nature and how one never knows when the phone is going to ring with George Lucas on the other end.......:)
  5. SaberJedi2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Don't forget, it could be Rick McCallum on the other line. IIRC he was the one who said something of Daniel Logan being in the LAS sometime last year.
  6. Darthsuggs Force Ghost

star 4
    Man I am dying for some info on this. I am hoping we get some info in early 09
  7. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Lucas definitely knows about Xizor as he was somewhat involved in the SOTE project to some degree- and actually suggested which Holiday Special cantina alien design to base Xizor's species off of.
  8. Robimus Force Ghost

star 5
    Too bad he didn't tell Daniel:p

Of course Mr. Logan could be keeping his cards close and I think he'd still fit in quite well as an 18 year old Boba Fett. Still he came across to me as being completely in the dark.:)
  9. LordHibbidyhai Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think Xizor would be great. Some newly re-emerging Black Sun Syndicate vs. The Hutt crime empire, with the bounty hunters, smugglers and others caught in the middle, all under the watchful eye of the Empire.
  10. GS335 Jedi Master

star 4
    None of those characters are iconic. Boba Fett is vastly overrated, the Jedi get killed off, and Stinky isn't all that popular, either.

darth vader is probably one of the most recognized characters in SW history. He's an all-time villain, for goodness sakes. If fans beg for him and we all know they will, we'll be seeing darth vader in this series.

As sad as it is, fans love darth vader. So of course, fans are going to want to see darth vader in action.
  11. Darth_Neznarf Jedi Master

star 1
    I think this series sounds great, finally something more to bridge the gap between 3 & 4. But I also think it would be cool to make every weeks episode focas on someone or something different. Or a few episodes in a row focasing on one situation like they did with Malevelence in the cartoon. It would be cool to see an episode on a young Luke & Biggs getting into soem trouble or something, then an episode on a young Han winning the Falcon from Lando, then a Boba Fett episode ect. It would be cool if they bounced around a bit and we got to see a lot of stuff that is referenced to in the movies.
  12. Robimus Force Ghost

star 5
    Rotta is a definite possibility. Vader not so much considering Lucas's comments about the Skywalker's being not involved what so ever.

We might be likely to see a character the likes of Admiral Yularen like in CWA. A movie character expanded upon in live action form.
  13. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    That would be crazy to have this background ANH character suddenly become so prominent in the eents prior. I like it. :D
  14. Redfivee Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I think I saw a poster at Comic Con that announced TFU,TCW and The Live Action series.On it it had Vader,Yoda and Boba Fett.
    I think the live action series will include Quinlan Vos and Boba Fett with an appearance of Darth Vader on special episodes.
    Of coarse I could be wrong but if TCW is any indication it will be cinematic and hopefully way better then TCW.Which I do Love.

P.S.How awesome would it be if Jimmy Smitts was in this as Bail,afterall he is a TV actor.
  15. mrsvos Force Ghost

star 5
    ^yeah, Jimmy Smits is busy being a wild card on 'Dexter' right now[face_love]^
    all the live action show rumors are right up my alley right now....
  16. JediLight Force Ghost

star 4
    It seems too far off to care right now.
  17. darth_degnan Jedi Master

star 1
    Daniel Logan is horrible. He looks like a push-over, not a hardened bounty hunter. Hopefully, he won't be part of the series. Otherwise, the legend of Boba Fett will be further ruined.

18. black_saber Force Ghost

star 4
    I just hope Vader will be in some of the scenes for the live action series.
  19. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
  20. MakingStarWars Force Ghost

star 2
    I see that posted a lot. Cable doesn't have sweeps.
  21. Robimus Force Ghost

star 5
    Other actors could be used, but there would be some continuity from film to live action series if Daniel was used. I'm sure he wouldn't have a adunbance of un-masked scenes anyway.

Whoever they pick I hope they mimic the mannerisms used by Jeremy Bulloch in the ESB and ROTJ. The actors tossed into uniform for the special additions didn't do the trick for me. I still shudder everytime I see Boba Fett flirting with the dancing girl.....[face_praying]
  22. black_saber Force Ghost

star 4
    Watchful, more like coluded with the Empire which it gives the rebel allinece more enemys even thou not all smugglers are bad.
  23. starjedi66 Jedi Padawan

""
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey,

Your adorable :)..thats now how TV compares to movies. Your forgetting a thousand variables

Like, advertising, distribution, enormous casts with enormous salaries, I could go on forever of how much different it is. Battlestar Galactica has a very slick look. Lucas owns ILM--he is gonna have no problem with his budget

About the content.
    He is making a big mistake with his time period. I think he doesnt understand he needs much more than SW fans to dominate in the ratings. Networks will drop a show after only 9 episodes if the thing isnt pulling in a certain age group. Adult content and not cute little aliens is gonna have be the format---but to draw in everyone it cant be a sideshow of familiar events

It needs to be totally new with NEW iconic heroes--NOT a cast of sidekicks. They have to either go to a new Jedi order or the Old Republic. You dont leave out your top draw--which is the Jedi. They are the money and are a proven winner. How the Jedi were born will not get canceled. Everything will be New and mystery will rule the show. I think the Cartoon Net series proves that filler stories dont feel real, they have no weight--no importance. I like them because I am a SW fanatic. Kids like them because they like animation action. But as I said--they need to pull in like 6 million non SW fanatics to avoid getting canceled and some unimportant stories that only fanatics like is not gonna cut it.
    So dont think of what YOU like...think about what avoids cancellation
  24. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    The flaw in your claim is that you assume they need to focus on Jedi to be successful, While Jedi have certainly been centr stage for the past 9 years, that might open up a backlash to exploit where they can focus on the non-Jedi heroes that populated the focus of most of the OT (or ANh, at the very least) and find success by renewed interest in that facet of the SW mythos.
  25. MercenaryAce Force Ghost

star 5
    I think you are the one who is making the mistake.

Which trilogy is the one everyone hates on? The one with the jedi front and center.

Which is the one everyone loves? The one that features a cast of mostly ragtag rebels and smugglers.

I think sometimes overestimate the appeal of jedi in star wars at the expense of all the other elements, particularly the fringe characters like Han and Jabba. I always felt star wars was at least a trinity: the military, the spiritual (jedi) and the used universe (especially criminals and adventurers). At least mind you.

I think a show centered on them could work very well. Particularly with a show right now focusing on the jedi and war elements.