main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Official Live Action Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by LucasBuiltMeHotRod, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002

I doubt Boba Fett will be a focus, but just having him in the show would be sweet....I remember how much people loved the Tales From Jabba's Palace novels, we could see Fett in a whole new light.

From TFN front page:

Rick McCallum Talks Star Wars On TV

Posted By Mike on October 29, 2007

Friend of TFN, Guillaume from France sent us some information from Rick McCallum speaking at Star Wars Reunion 2 in France this past weekend. See below for the info and click here for the source article (in French).

Live action:
    - Boba Fett will certainly be in the series and Rick wants Daniel Logan for the part.
    - The series will be on cable.
    - He will have a contract for 100 episodes and Rick hopes it will be extend to 400, maybe with Expanded Universe characters after the first 100.
    - So no EU character for "now" in the live action show. All the characters will be new ones.

The Clone Wars Animated Series:
    - The first season will have 21 episodes of 22 minutes. Steve Sansweet has already seen 6 of them.

Thanks to Guillaume and click here to see how this jives with the rumors we have been hearing.

UPDATE: Our buddy Guillaume sent in the following Star Wars Reunion 2 update taken from the French site starwars-universe.com:

Additional info for The Clone Wars animated series:
    - We will see more trailers once a TV network has been chosen
    - The series may be broadcast in many countries at the same time

Additional info for the live action series:
    - Six screen writers have been hired and will start work in November
    - McCallum hopes to have John Williams for the score but it is too early to tell
    - Every episode will have it's own original score (If I may editorialize for a moment: They better get John Williams working on that now. That's a heck of a lot of music for 100 episodes let alone 400. Just start writing cool sounding music. We're sure it will work)

Saga Box Set:
    - Lucasfilm is waiting to see who wins: HD DVD or Blue Ray.
    - The box set will have around 100 hours of documentaries about the 6 films. (wow, we are shooting for a hundred of everything at this point...sweet!)

Again, the source sites are in French so I'm going to have to take Guillaume's word for it on this one.

Thanks again to Guillaume for looking out!

2. Cellist

Cellist Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2003
    I actually wasn't expecting John Williams to score the TV series. It'd be really nice, but I don't think it's absolutely essential.

Great news about the SW DVD set documentaries, though. Wow, sounds awesome.

3. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    :eek:

John Williams may be going to score the TV series? :eek:

I never expected that! What a shock! :eek:

Where it says;

"He will have a contract for 100 episodes and Rick hopes it will be extend to 400"

Are they talking about Rick and the Cable channel or Daniel Logan?

4. Tagne

Tagne Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2005
    Hello,

I'm Tagne from StarWars-Universe.com. I was at Reunion 2 and recorded (very bad quality, sorry) McCallum's session here.
    At about 19', he is talking about the number of episodes : 100 is their first objective, 400 is their dream:)

But, he did not talk about a contract for 100 episodes, if I remember correctly. The information given by kamuiweb.com is not true, in my opinion.

Tagne

EDIT : the webmaster maybe talked about a contract with the channel, but McCallum did not use this word and did not say that they already chose a network either...

5. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Thanks very much for posting! :D

6. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I thought Rick was talking about Daniel Logan; this is the kind of McCallum-ism that I don't think we can interpret as canon.

Even Rick saying "Boba Fett is going to be in it" can't be taken as truth. Obviously they've talked about it and right now at this present moment, Fett is in, but things can change.

Nevertheless, very exciting news. :D

7. Blackfryar

Blackfryar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2007
    it doesn't mean that fett will have a leading role. he will be in, that is for sure. I hope some other familiar faces will make it (especially mon mothma and bail organa)but I very much prefer to have all new characters over cheap EU ones. 100 episodes seems very ambitious, it will most probably span 4 years.

8. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    New update from Rick doing interviews in France:

UPDATE #2: Guillaume is looking out for us once again! See below fro more Rick McCallum tidbits from an interview at Allocine.com. Click here for the interview. (in French) You can also click here for a video with interview highlights.

See below for Guillaume's highlights from the interview:

"Live action show
    - Boba Fett will play a pivotal role in the series among the horde of bounty hunters.
    - The budget for an episode will be (that of) one of the usual American TV show (between 1,7 and 2 million dollars.) The challenge will be to produce a show in that budget and keep the quality of the movies.
    - The series will aim at a wide audience and not just the fans exclusively.

The Clone Wars (Animated)
    - The series will be a Saturday morning show aim for a young audience (8/10 years old) (Editorial note from Guillaume: This doesn't make any sense, George already state otherwise. But Rick indicates he doesn't work on the project, so...)
    - George is very happy and proud of the way this project is going forward..."

Thanks again to Guillaume for all of his help.

9. HoodFigga

HoodFigga Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2007
    There is movement on the Star Wars TV front finally. Boba Fett and potentially John William's involvment the TV Series is very promising.

Just think, it's possible sometime next year the first trailer will be released.

10. Blackfryar

Aug 11, 2007
    ok ok, it means that fett will have a leading role o_O the last comment by guillaume is also very important to me : wide audience over fan exclusive, so the series will focus on what made SW so popular to a large audience: action, myth & magic. So, with LAS going on good rails, Force Unleashed & clone wars 3d next year & possible KOTOR game (mmo) coming in the future, star wars is far too be dead [:D]

11. Jango_Fettish

Jango_Fettish Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    I just made an interesting connection here. This article on The Force Unleashed has some interesting comments directly from George Lucas. According to this article, "We began by speculating what exactly became of the Jedi survivors of Order 66. What did they do? Based on feedback from Lucas, we had some answers. Some of them put away their lightsabers and purposefully turned their backs on the Force, lying low and becoming farmers. Others still adventured in the galaxy, but under the guise of bounty hunters, mercenaries and pirates."

This is the first I have heard of Lucas speaking about surviving Jedi. Maybe there is a chance we will see Jedi who "adventured the galaxy", though as bounty hunters (like we have already had confirmed above). It would not directly conflict with Lucas' "no Jedi" stance either - since technically, a bounty hunting Jedi would be an ex-Jedi.

12. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Thats really interesting Jango_Fettish. So, the no Jedi comment from Lucas would be true, from a certain point of view, because they would be former Jedi who are now in a completely differant way of life.

Even so, I don't think Palpatine would want them in the Galaxy. He would want all FORCE USERS destroyed. So, supposing Boba Fett befriends some former Jedi Knight, now turned Bounty Hunter, and they hunt together for a while, only for Boba to then have to take his fellow comrade out. That would create for an interesting plot![face_thinking]

13. Blackfryar

Aug 11, 2007
    yes, it is an interesting idea. maybe Lucas will make connection between the 2 medias, re-use some characters, locations and plots from TFU to LAS.

14. StormTrooper1776

StormTrooper1776 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    So we will get to see lightsabers,and lightsaber fights?

15. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Jimmy Smits leaves takes over TV!!![face_laugh]

16. Elle-Wan

Elle-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 2004
    This sounds really encouraging, but it also makes me lament the decision to stick both of these new TV series within the Skywalker era. With all of the potential stories floating around in the Star Wars universe, it's a shame to be confined by the limits of the Clone Wars/Galactic Civil War. We know how it all works out and we know the important milestones. We know those Death Star plans are going to be stolen successfully.

There's just so much out there, from the KOTOR era to the post-Empire/Jedi Master Luke era, I kinda hate that we're stuck with the same 'fill in the holes' stuff. Moreover, if they did want to make Luke an important character in a CGI show they could even get Mark Hamil to voice it.

17. FDC1

FDC1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2003
    I think having Jimmy Smits in the series would be great. He is a TV actor and Bail Organa is an important character during the time frame of the series. I also think Daniel Logan as Boba Fett is a good idea as well. He will be the right age. There is 18 years between Episodes III 7 IV. If Boba was 10 in Episode II, then 13 in Episode III, that would but him in his late teens or early 20's if the series takes place between 5-10 years after Episode III, that would put Daniel Logan at the correct age for Boba, 18-23. We need a bridge between the films and the TV series. Having actors such as Logan and Smits reprise their roles in the series will create that bridge and keep a continuity from the films to the TV series. Casual and hard core Star Wars fans will appreciate such continuity with the actors bridging the film with the series.

18. yodas_waiter

yodas_waiter Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2006
    That AICN report is very cool and is almost exactly what I asked for in a Star Wars live action when it was first hinted two years ago. [face_dancing]

Still, whilst I like the single contained episode concept, I still think there should be some kind of overreaching story arc, such as the birth of the Rebellion or the early career of Boba Fett.

Perhaps the Naberrie operative and General Durron fit in a early Rebellion storyline whilst the podracing could be a part of the Boba Fett storyline. It would also be cool if these intersected at some point.

19. Dark_Lord_ofthe_Sith

Dark_Lord_ofthe_Sith Jedi Master star 2

Jul 24, 2004
    Vader's secret apprentice (from The Force Unleashed videogame) in the TV Show?

Are you interested in a role on the Star Wars TV show?

WITWER: Anything is possible. While doing the Secret Apprentice, I got a little ambitious and managed to pull out something cool, but I can?t even hint at what that is. There?s going to be a very cool announcement made in the next few months.

WizardUniverse.com

20. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    Well, way to dangle a juicy steak in front of us and then not give it to us, Crashdown.

21. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Hmmmm.... Interesting.[face_thinking]

22. EverlastingKnowItAll

EverlastingKnowItAll Jedi Master star 1

Apr 28, 2003
    Lol.

Premise: Captured Rebel slaves forced to help build the Death Star. Comedy ensues.

It'll be like Hogan's Heroes in space.

j/k

Seriously though, I want to see some good action out of this. I was almost hoping for a Band of Brothers style show following one Rebel Unit and one Imperial Unit through the early days of the civil war.

23. walkingthesky27

walkingthesky27 Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2005
    boba fett confirmed to be in live action show , by rick mccullum.

24. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Yeah not a surprise really. Glad to have it confirmed though.

25. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Too bad Vader is not the main character on this show. Nothing against Boba, but Vader seems to be getting the shaft in this Post RotS timeline. In the video game world, he's not getting game and on the small screen, he won't be seen at all. The once bada** villain is getting crapped on....again.

Well, hopefully Soul Calibur gives him justice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.