Live Action Official Live Action Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by fanboyskywalker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Slowpokeking Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Who could play the young Tarkin?
  2. Kualan Force Ghost

star 4
    Posted this earlier in the thread, and I stand by it all the more after seeing him recently in 'Skyfall';

Mr Ralph Fiennes;

[IMG]
  3. Jordan1Kenobi Host of EUC Battle of... Games

Game Host
    star 5
    Oh yeah, definitely! He'd do great in that role.
  4. Slowpokeking Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    He's one of my favorite actors, but I still prefer him to play a Sith Lord like Darth Plagueis.:(

Too bad Robert Patrick is too old now.
  5. Kualan Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow, had never considered him for Plagueis before but...that really works. I could genuinely envision that, nice choice.
  6. Trebor Sabreon Force Ghost

star 4
    Inspired choice, but yeah, like anybody would ever be able to get Dirty Harry in blue face make-up and red-colored contact lenses! You feelin' lucky, there Jordan? Because by the Force, I sure wouldn't be. ;)
  7. Darth Ibonek Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Voldemort and Hades. More than capable of playing Tarkin. Good choice ;)
  8. Slowpokeking Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Don't forget Amon Goeth! My favorite movie villain.
  9. Darth Ibonek Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Schindler's List... Right. How could I forget that? My bad. ;)
    Edit: I also liked Fiennes in The Reader, although he was the protagonist.
    Last edited by Darth Ibonek, Mar 18, 2013
  10. Slowpokeking Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  11. Hurricanejedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey guys, does anyone know any updates on the Live action series, before lucasfilm was sold there was a lot of talk about it and that they had 50 episodes written but it was too expensive to make. What are the chances of it being made now? I love the idea of a show set between 3 and 4 set on coruscant mostly dealing with the empire building up their power. Characters like Boba fett/embo/hondo would be great.
    I just like the idea of Star Wars every week.
  12. darkchrono Force Ghost

star 4
    Got postponed and more than likely will not happen anytime soon. Disney is working on developing another Star Wars television series but most likely it takes place inbetween ep. VI and VII.
  13. Hurricanejedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeh i kinda think because they are disney, doing a game of thrones meets the wire in space wouldnt happen now with their image.......dislike.
  14. Narutakikun Force Ghost

star 4
    If you want to know what a live-action Star Wars series would be like in terms of production values, writing and acting quality, and tone, all you'll have to do is watch Agents of SHIELD. It'll be like that, except with less black three-piece suits and more lightsabers.
    pronker likes this.
  15. Hurricanejedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would rather the lightsabers. But i would want a really dark star wars show. More sex and Violence like GOT.
    spicer likes this.
  16. spicer Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Well I am not sure if that much sex and violence is suitable for Star Wars, but I definitely agree about a dark SW show.
  17. Slash78 Force Ghost

star 3
    I would like something a little darker then say the Prequels, but not too dark. To me the New Jedi Order books were just depressing. Something a little lighter then those. Would love to see a series based in part on the X-Wing series of books.
  18. darkchrono Force Ghost

star 4
  19. Hurricanejedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeh i meant GOTs style. Not necessarily with sex. I dont want to see naked aliens.
  20. Miras-Etrin Jedi Master

star 1
    I was never sure about this Underworld thing. With Star Wars atmosphere and TV budget, I´ve got impression that it might look like net of 19th century opium ridden bars with some space travel between planets of the week. Since the saga was never based on neither unpredictable science-fiction concepts, nor speculative thought, they would really need a) really charismatic characters, b) usage of the Force, not discarding Light and Dark, but without specific Jedi or Sith worldviews and c) room to expand - this might be a little tricky part, but I would like to sometimes see enviroment that would be radically diferent to way how was GFFA presented to this date with more philosophies and lifestyles.
  21. Slash78 Force Ghost

star 3
    Speak for yourself.
  22. themetresgained Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    If Rebels ends up disappointing, I'd like to see Underworld. I loooved how dark NJO was, and would love to see that on screen.
    pronker, spicer and 07jonesj like this.
  23. DanielUK Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Eventually, this will probably happen. But Disney might wait until after Ep VII is released.
  24. Slash78 Force Ghost

star 3

The NJO wasn't dark, it was just full of wanton destruction.
  25. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    The idea of a "Deadwood meets the Sopranos" type of show with Star Wars settings is very interesting. Having watched the Star Trek shows growing up I always wanted a Star Wars version for TV, Underworld was supposed to provide this.
    Problem is that Disney will likely tone it down to appeal to more people, when it seems as though Lucas wanted this to appeal to the older SW fans and have darker more adult themes the movies being family orientated didn't have.

But if they use the existing scripts it could be good, just lower in budget and in content.