main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Official Live Action Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by LucasBuiltMeHotRod, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I find that a lot more interesting than the Boba news.

2. Blackfryar

Blackfryar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2007
    I read the interview too but, well the problem is we know almost for sure that apprentice get killed by the end of TFU, because if he was still alive at the time of EP4 Vader would still be chasing him.

the real question to me is when exactly TFU takes place? 1,5,10 years after EP3 or just a few years before EP4?

3. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    If this show is all about podracers, Fett, and bounty hunters, maybe they should just hire Karen Traviss to write the show.

Why do I get the feeling that this show is going to have dreary, slum looking sets and be like The Road Warrior.

4. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    I hope they don't have Traviss write the show given how severely she misunderstands Star Wars.

5. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    The thing is, this show seems to be following the lives of mercenaries and podracers. So I think she could handle that. How she would write Vader's character is a different story.

6. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    True, and if Boba serves as a protagonist it would make sense given that she basically created the current version of the Mandalorians.

7. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Here's a very interesting rumor (*rumor* only) from TFN front page:
    TFN

Next year's Star Wars MMO, not being developed by BioWare or Sony Online Entertainment, will launch simultaneously for PC and consoles alongside the debut of the first Star Wars TV series in fall 2009, of which the storylines of the game will tie into. Those Artistic Lucases already have a second online title planned that I've heard has nothing to do with Star Wars."

8. Darth-Wyrm

Darth-Wyrm Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2005
    I posted this in the Clone Wars thread but I wanted to post it here in a more relevant thread:

With the official news today that the CW will be debuting in theaters, does anyone think there's a good possibility that when the LAS debuts, it will also start in theaters?

9. ThePriminister05

ThePriminister05 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 28, 2005
    Thats a good question, and a good question this early on can only be met with opinions. And my opinion is...

It would be a good idea and I would totally kill for another Star Wars movie experience.

10. Darth-Wyrm

Apr 30, 2005
    I think Vader's apprentice could end up being the "Big Bad" in the LAS. This would allow them to have a bad guy who evokes Vader, without actually having Vader in the show (which I'm sure they'll try to avoid). Plus, it would be a way to have a character that the fans are invested in (through the Force Unleashed game) without using any of the traditional characters.

Speaking of characters in the show, can someone help me out here? I remember reading somewhere that Lucas asked that Vos not be killed during the Clone Wars series so that he could be used in the LAS. Any truth to that?

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Nothing concrete, but it has been suggested or implied that Lucas was involved with the decision to have Quinlan survive his post-Order 66 escape from the Clones in that he might be utilized in the LA series. I'll see if I can find the relevant quote.

EDIT- aha: it was in the
    Republic #83: The Hidden Enemy, part 3 (of 3) discussion thread from two years ago.

12. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Wow...even for someone making money on GL's words, that is some serious posterior affection.

Lost a little respect for Randy, not gonna lie.

13. Darth-Wyrm

Apr 30, 2005
    Thanks Quest! Though where does the speculation come from that GL wants to use Vos in the LAS? Or was that just reading between the lines? Not that I can't see the natural connection, I guess I was assuming there was a bit more to fuel the rumor than Vos simply being kept alive.

I think Vos actually makes a very natural lead character in the LAS. You don't want too many Jedi running around in the series, but you can't have a Star Wars show w/o Jedi. So Vos creates a happy medium where he would reasonably be a guy who would be in hiding and thrive without using any Jedi powers except in the most desperate situations. It would be a nod to real fans since we'd all know he's a Jedi, while creating a surprise to casual fans who don't know who Vos is. I'd expect Vos to keep his talents hidden until several episodes into the show.

Plus, if Vader's secret apprentice in Unleashed does end up being the "Big Bad" in the show, it would be a nice cross section of EU mediums (video games vs. comics in a tv show) when the show inevitably climaxes with the two facing off.

I'm clearly just speculating out of nowhere...but the potential excites me! :D

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Nah, that was more just Randy poking fun at some annoying bashers. I thought it was pretty funny :D

It's reading between the lines a bit, but mostly comes down to the question of why would Lucas directly involve himself in the character's fate if he didn't have plans for said character?

Combined with Lucas cutting Vos's Order 66 scene in the movie and the rumors (at the time) of Vos being in the series because of it, when you get that revelation , it starts to add up to something that could be possible.

15. Darth-Wyrm

Apr 30, 2005
    Thanks again for the info. Much appreciated. I guess we'll have to see. It would seem logical that if GL made it a point to save a character, he would have big plans for it. And what bigger than the upcoming LAS huh? I hope it turns out to be true since Vos is such a compelling character.

16. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    If he's going to be a key character in the live action series, then no doubt they need to have him in the Clone Wars show. I honestly know next to nothing about him, so they need to use the animated series to introduce him, IMO, if they want to have him in the live action series.

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm sure they'll provide him a sufficient introduction in the LA series. To fans of the comics, it'll just be "this is who Vos is in the wake of his escape from Kashyyk"; while to viewers only familiar with the movies it'll be "and this is who the Master Vos mentioned in ROTS is".

But I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Vos cameo at some point, at least.

18. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    I just don't think he'll be a main character in the LAS. I do hope that he makes a cameo. And I completely agree that if he's going to make an appearance in the LAS, then he'll most likely have some role in the CW series.

19. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    People here will probably be confused and/or excited by the new tidbit: "think Deadwood meets the Sopranos".

While many can speculate on what this means, I think its pretty obvious:

-Deadwood: hardboiled western. Outlaws, bandits, bounty hunters
    -Sopranos: Organized crime. Gangsters, hitmen, mafia.

So, it would seem the Boba Fett/ bounty-huntter-centric theories are correct. Based on this info, the series looks like it will prominently revolve around the crime underworld, with bounty hunters the primary subject matter. Bounty hunters, of course, come from the world of the old west.

He should have just said "Think Firefly".

20. Clonemenace

Clonemenace Jedi Master

Mar 22, 2004
    When I read that on the front page I was thinking of that Black Sun organization and Boba Fett appearances. Sounds interesting, I'm going to take this with a grain of salt though. I want some official news from George or Rick.

21. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Theres really nothing there that one could have summized already. Still, nice to here something about the LAS again.

22. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    I think he meant "Boba Fett and Jabba", not "Han Solo"... :p

I'll say again that a Firefly-Sta-Wars revamp would have been perfect - have a crew that's at odds with the Empire carry a fugitive with strange psychic abilities. It could be the adventures of the guy who owned the Falcon before Lando got it, and in the final episode, the crew disbands because the captain loses the ship... :D rather anti-climatic...

23. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    I love BSG and Firefly, but I honestly don't want Star Wars to go too far in that direction. I'd rather the shows not be too dark... and I guess that depends on your definition of dark. I think for Star Wars, anything more than Ep III is too dark. I don't know, hearing Sopranos and Deadwood just doesn't excite me too much. I always liked that the franchise was pretty family friendly and I'd like to keep it that way.

24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    So......

There's a chance, however remote, that this show could center around Xizor's business and -- even better -- disgruntled family? I can see it now... Xizor and his family sitting around the dinner table... ah, the possibilities...

25. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Well, this is completely unsubstantiated.

Why don't I just say that I heard the show is going to be mix between Futurama, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and General Hospital?

It's nice the guy is saying it's supposed to be dark, but The Sopranos is waaaaaaaaaay more adult than anything in the SW universe will be.

EDIT: Supershadow, anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.