Live Action Official Live Action Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by fanboyskywalker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. darthlebowski72 Force Ghost

star 5
    It would be cool to see a show about the smugglers/bounty hunters and the roles they play in the birth of the Alliance. One advantage GL would have if making the new series would be that the OT looked dirty and dingy and used old-school technology, which is considerably cheap these days. It says in the OT DVD that they tore up thousands of battleship models to make make the surface of the Death Star for filming. I think if he used modern-day CGI the cost would skyrocket.
  2. HL&S Magistrate Emeritus/2014 Celebrity Deadpool Winner

Game Winner
    star 6
    At this point in my star wars fandom career, it's difficult to imagine what could possibly be shown in 100 episodes that take place between ROTS and ANH that would interest the base.

I mean this would seriously have to be a well produced show. No shortcuts on the special effects and honestly, the acting is going to have to step it up a notch. Personally, if it was set to be on HBO or Showtime I'd say it has a chance, but it won't be and thus my mind falls back on that miserable Generation X tv series that failed long before the X-Men movie came out.

Also, 2011 and 2012 seem to be a JC lifetime away.
  3. Palp_Faction Force Ghost

star 3
    I'm looking forward to this show alot. I don't really care about the Clone Wars or what happened 4000 years ago. I want to see the Dark Times period. I find Jedi boring with their wizardry antics. I want to see more of the normal people take centre stage like rebels, imperials, bounty hunters and smugglers.
  4. Darth_Pevra Chosen One

star 5
    What I want to see:

Scum and Villany: Smugglers, bounty hunters and all that jazz
    Imperial Intrigue: our heroes get drawn in in some sort of plot/web, best with Vader or Palpy pulling the strings, hey maybe they could include a conspiracy to overthrow Palpatine! [face_praying]
    The military: imperial Officers and their takes on things
    first resistance cells: I guess they would function like terrorists, so no "all herorism" but rather "many shades of grey"
  5. icqfreak Force Ghost

star 4
    Any chance the show could air in fall of 2009? I'm guessing probably not, so hopefully it's 2010 at the latest. I hope one of the 4 main networks gets it, not sci-fi or fx, and definetly not hbo as I don't get that.
  6. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Are they even still on track for 2010? I feel like we've not been hearing enough about the show lately.
  7. SuperLariat Jedi Knight

star 2
    I have a feeling it will replace the True Blood or Entourage slots on HBO in 2~ years
  8. JediLight Force Ghost

star 4
    I wouldn't expect this show for 3 years.
  9. Darkness_Himself Jedi Master

star 4
    I think they should have Quentin Tarantino write/direct a 2-3-4 episode story about the SW underworld.
    Now THAT would be awesome.
  10. black_saber Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't know it would be cool to go back in time and do a show about the Knights of the old Repbulic, Ancient Dark lords of the Sith, Plus other Dark side Cults, Light side cults, and Mandlorians cults too.
  11. vong333 Force Ghost

star 4
    Due to the expansive force powers available to the force useres of back then, it would not be a good idea to have GL do that era or to have it done in live action. If the OLD REPUBLIC era is to be considered, it would be wise to have some one do it in an animated form that can give it the proper justice. One era that I do not want to see prequel force powers are in that era. I grew up with Tales of the Jedi stories, KOTOR 1 and 2, and even the Clone War video game (2002) with the Dark Reaper. I also don't want to see the blue and green swrods, cause that time frame has different colors.
  12. Silky Jedi Knight

star 2
    Discussions about cost are a bit rushed at this present time. Essentially

1. We don?t expect TV production values to be as high as film - Babylon 5 anyone

2. The main reason for the high cost of the films was that they were inventing technology as needed. As crazy as it seems now Jar-Jar was beyond the cutting edge of technology when he first appeared. RoTS also has huge amounts of technological breakthroughs behind it. This technology is now in place, it no longer needs to be invented.

3. I would imagine that loads of props and the like i.e. scenery will be reused week on week such as the base/ship of the central characters

Along with the fact that this show is almost a liecence to print money i see no reason why it would be cost effective to not spend money on it.
  13. black_saber Force Ghost

star 4
    The more Kotor and Tales of the Jedi the Better.
  14. harrison13 Jedi Knight

star 2
    What is the deal with this project. I have not heard any real news about it in over a year. I wonder if this show will ever be made. If they eventually do, I hope they take a page out of Battlestar Galactica's book with regards to space battles on TV.
  15. QueenMother_LK Jedi Master

star 4
    I hear that! :D
  16. brainwash Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think this show has the potential to be the most interesting piece of Star Wars story to be produced.

We only ever get hints of how dangerous a universe this could be, you have your smugglers and criminals on one hand, and the empire on the other, if you put a small band of upstart rebels in the middle of it, you've instantly got an interesting story.

One of my favorite aspects of the Force Unleashed game was how alone the main character was, and anyone would sell him out when they found out he was a "jedi". If you're constantly on the run with something special, ala "Children of Men", the drama pretty much writes itself. Nothing has really delved into it yet, as far as the big stuff, that game touched on it, Droids as well, even eps 4 & 5 used it as necessary to advance its own story, but never made it the focus.

Also, you've got a really heavy weight of story sitting ontop of the established story already, it's one of the things Star Wars does best. Clone Wars, as much as I love the show, has to really force this out because there's nothing the show can't do. It's set in a very "show don't tell style", there's always as many Jedi, Clones, Droids, landscape, technology, etc. as the story needs.
  17. QueenMother_LK Jedi Master

star 4
    I think it could definitely be a lot darker than the movies / CW tv show. I'd like them to show some Jedi on the run, trying not to get caught and everything, and I'd LOVE if Mara Jade were in it too. Also Boba Fett. I can't get enough of him.
  18. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    I sure hope this Live Action show is still going to happen as planned / announced. It does seem to have a lot of potential.
  19. goraq Jedi Youngling

star 4
    ,,I sure hope this Live Action show is still going to happen as planned / announced.,,
    It isnt even anounced?
  20. QueenMother_LK Jedi Master

star 4
    I read some of the forum for the "Untitled Star Wars TV Show" on imdb and a lot of people had said that there was evidence that it was still in production. I don't have many details, but if you want to check it out: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458291/board
  21. Obi-Mcfly Jedi Knight

star 1
    George Lucas announced it at Celebration III, but that's really all that's been said aside from a few bits here an there.
  22. LordHibbidyhai Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think think that they should look at shows like Firefly for inspiration. Gritty, dirty, science fiction.
  23. WormieSaber Force Ghost

star 5
    Just as long as it is not like the current Battlestar Galactica. That show is TOO dark, and depressing. I'm thinking there will be more news about this show at the next San Diego Con.
  24. goraq Jedi Youngling

star 4
  25. Sunnin-Onna-Rock Jedi Knight

star 1
    If I was Lucas' advisor on this series, I'd suggest having it center around the Empire. Imperials weeding out traitors, pirates, and left-over Jedi with the occasional assistance of Darth Vader would be a concept beyond awesome. I might even cream my pants if such an announcement was made.