Live Action Official Live Action Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by fanboyskywalker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
  2. Darth Valkyrus Force Ghost

star 4
    Which threads were just merged into this one?
  3. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Darth Vader in the LAS, casting the LAS with EU/TCW characters, and characters you'd like to see in the LAS. None of them had any new posts in at least three months. If a LAS ever gets officially announced, spin-off threads for specifics about it will surely be started up anew then... but for now, this overall thread should be good.
    Last edited by eht13, Nov 18, 2013
  4. Darkslayer Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, you got me excited, I thought the thread merge meant there was news. :( :( :(
  5. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Haha, no... not because of news, sorry. :)
  6. Darkslayer Force Ghost

star 4
    [IMG]

:(
    eht13 likes this.
  7. Dinos4Ever Jedi Master

star 2
    Difficult to see. Always bipolar, is Disney. If they make the movie now, Disneyfied it may not be, but several years from now... it may be.
  8. purplerain Force Ghost

star 4
    How's Agents of Shield doing?
  9. Chewbacca89 Force Ghost

star 5
    Much better
  10. spicer Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    For what it's worth, if they finally make the live action show they've talked about for years now, I'd expect and want it to be darker and more mature than Agents of Shield. Maybe a different SW show similar in tone to Shield? There's no way they can make a show about the underworld in SW that kids can watch and be a good show.
    Last edited by spicer, Nov 21, 2013
  11. black_saber Force Ghost

star 4
    True but I think it would be the cross over movies with the Disney charcaters, like what happened with family guy.[face_laugh]
  12. Vthuil Force Ghost

star 4
    It's funny you bring this up (or maybe not, I haven't read most of this thread), because I've been thinking a lot lately about how the problems with Agents of SHIELD might be relevant to any potential live action SW series.
    purplerain likes this.
  13. DanielUK Force Ghost

star 4
    The potential success of Agents of Shield will determine whether or not LAS will ever happen.
  14. TaradosGon Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I've only seen a few episodes of Agents of Shield, and I question whether or not it's a good comparison for whether or not a Star Wars Live Action Show would work.

Mainly because Agents of Shield bypassed a lot of the special effects demands of superhero properties -- Man of Steel, The Amazing Spider-Man, X-Men, Thor, etc. are all big on SFX. Instead Agents of Shield focused on a bunch of non-super powered characters.

With Star Wars I think the SFX demands would be unavoidable, unless they set it on Tatooine, or some other planet in the Star Wars universe where the entire thing can be shot on location, and then follow a prominently human cast.

A lot of action, aliens, environments, ships and vehicles require SFX. I would think that a Star Wars show would be doomed to cost quite a bit more than AoS to pull off well, and that they would have to have the utmost confidence that it would exceed AoS in ratings.

I question if they'll ever make a LAS at this point. The LAS existed as an idea during a time when the films were over. With the frequency that Disney and LucasFilm intend to pump out new Star Wars films, I'm wondering if they'll just play it safe and keep the live action Star Wars portrayals within the realm of high budget theatrical releases.
    Seerow and eht13 like this.
  15. John R Pleak Jedi Knight

Your idea for a Star Wars production line is spot on. Like you said, they can make everything they need and reuse props for all 3 films and then auction the props out to fans or have charity auctions. Star Wars money could feed a lot of starving people on this earth 10 times over.
    twowolves likes this.
  16. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Yes, my thoughts exactly.
  17. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6

Not what I want to hear [face_bleh]
    Darkslayer likes this.
  18. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    Any problems with AoS probably stem more from Joss Whedon than anything else, so yeah, I agree with Tarados in saying it's not exactly an apt comparison.
  19. Vthuil Force Ghost

star 4
    My internet connection is too weak right now for elaborating on my main point, but I think we can safely say that Whedon is not the problem - by all accounts he's not that closely involved with the show at all. At most you can blame him for some of the feeble characterization, and that's only tangentially related to what I see as possible pitfalls for a SWLAS.
  20. newdawn12 Force Ghost

star 4
    Maybe we'll get LA news in 2015-16
    Last edited by newdawn12, Jan 7, 2014
  21. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
  22. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  23. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6

No we won't
  24. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    I think it's too early to say definitely "no" at this point. Although they're undoubtedly concentrating on the movies right now, I'd suspect they're still keeping the old LA scripts on the back burner, perhaps for a future series similar to Agents of SHIELD.
  25. Trebor Sabreon Force Ghost

star 4
    I agree, @Barriss_Coffee. Disney has already said publically that they're looking into further SW television projects with Lucasfilm, and if I remember correctly, even going so far as to have specifically mentioned live action possibilities.