Live Action Official Live Action Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by fanboyskywalker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Darth Valkyrus Force Ghost

star 4
    A show called "The Rex Chronicles" or the "Rex Diaries" or suchlike starring Temura Morrison and covering his life in a self-narrated flashback style would be kinda cool. Starting in the TCW era and moving on up through the time of ROTS, order 66 and the formation of the Empire, showing his doubts and disillusionment, and eventual defection into the struggle against the Empire.
    Last edited by Darth Valkyrus, Jan 8, 2014
  2. Trebor Sabreon Chosen One

star 4
    That's sounds like the kind of thing too cool to ever happen.
  3. Chewbacca89 Force Ghost

star 5
    Sounds awesome but would require too much money, IMO.
  4. The Shadow Emperor Force Ghost

star 4
    They should give Darth Maul his own series.[face_dancing]
    Legacy Jedi Endordude likes this.
  5. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6

Disney has lots of money.
  6. twowolves Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Disney secretly owns the Federal Reserve! lol Okay, maybe not, but they certainly have at least as much money...
  7. Chewbacca89 Force Ghost

star 5
    Just because they have money, doesn't mean they will waste it on frivolous expenditures.
    Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  8. twowolves Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I think a live-action show, on HBO or some other adult venue where Star Wars can show a little grittier elements of life in the Outer Rim, would be anything but a frivolous investment, though your point is well-taken, Chewbacca89. They would just have to keep Sam Raimi from getting his hands on it--we all saw what he did to the Sword of Truth series...

And no, I'm not saying we need gratuitous nudity, though Twi'leks are notorious for scanty clothing, but I do think that the core viewers of Star Wars are mature enough to deal with more adult themes, like what it means to be a scoundrel--slavery, moving contraband (often drugs or weapons) to individuals whose morals are murky at best, harsh language (Huttese is a great language for expletives), cantina life (which might include prostitution--again, Twi'leks), and other such themes. Death sticks, anyone? Let's see the effects of death sticks, or glitter ryll. If Star Wars could build a live-action show with that grittiness that was present in Blade Runner, they would capture lightning in a bottle, and would have a number one show.
    Six and Darth Kickass like this.
  9. Trebor Sabreon Chosen One

star 4
    I'm not going to make any predictions, other than to say I predict that this would be awesome.
    twowolves likes this.
  10. twowolves Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who longs to see a little more day-to-day reality in Star Wars. It can't all be fighting the Empire or Jedi-Sith wars. One thing I've learned over the years, if you want to make something easier for people to relate to and realistic, focus on the details in the background. Why is that smuggler an alcoholic? What's his beverage of choice? How was that Twi'lek raised in the slums of Coruscant? What did she have to do to survive? Was there a history of domestic violence in that bounty hunter's past? Did he ever turn to illicit substances to cope? Stuff like this is what creates conflict, and conflict is dynamic and captures our attention. It makes us care about the characters on a deeper level, especially when we see things happen that we can relate to in real life.
  11. markdeez33 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I don't see the live action show happening any time soon, but I'd still love to see it.
  12. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Marvel has Agents of SHIELD and is it a Daredevil show they are airing on Netflix?

I'd be surprised if the company didn't want to do a live-action show for Star Wars.
  13. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6

Yes it's Daredevil, but that won't be airing till 2016
  14. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Eh, that's not far away at all. 2015 is coming up so quickly that I haven't had time to get my hoverboard, metal helmet and box of dehydrated pizzas.

I think a live-action show might happen in 2017-2018 or so.
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  15. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    Or it might not happen at all.
  16. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    *shrug* Don't know, and don't really care. If it happens and it's good...fantastic. If it doesn't...that's fine too.

Not a whole lot of point in arguing predictions.
    TX-20 likes this.
  17. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
  18. Six Force Ghost

star 4
    I had this idea the other day. A show taking place after the death of Jabba the Hutt, about the power struggle in the criminal underworld with different factions trying to take control. Think Game of Thrones, but in the Star Wars universe. I would watch the crap out of that.
    El_Machete12, TX-20, spicer and 3 others like this.
  19. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    Seconded!
  20. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6

Interesting idea.
  21. Six Force Ghost

star 4
    They can use instantly recognizable characters like Bossk, Dengar, Zuckuss, expand on their characters from OT(I don't know anything about the EU), heck, Boba Fett escaping the Sarlacc isn't too much of a stretch, they could work that into the story. Create some more characters, characters that are higher up the chain than the bounty hunters they hire. So many different planets and locations to choose from. And instead of having just 1 protagonist, it should revolve around many different characters, in different locations. No good vs evil, just morally grey characters all around, some worse than others. I really hope they've already got something like this planned in the distant future.
    El_Machete12 and TX-20 like this.
  22. Chewbacca89 Force Ghost

star 5
  23. MatthewZ Force Ghost

star 4
    You can gear it towards adults and call it the "Rex Shoe Diaries".
  24. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Well, JJ did want a big multimedia campaign for Star Trek that supposedly included something on TV but CBS wouldn't play ball. I think it's a good likely hood that he got his wish with Star Wars.
  25. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Any time I come on LACWAC and see that this thread has a new post, I always think to myself "Why?" Its not like there's anything to be expected (like and upcoming series, i.e. Rebels) - and theres nothing that happened before (like with a canceled series, i.e. CW & TCW) So what's the point? A fantasy thread?

I vote that this thread's title be changed to "Official Fan Fantasy TV Series Discussion Thread."