Live Action Official Live Action Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by fanboyskywalker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Hutts Can't Run Force Ghost

star 1
    As someone who didn't hate the prequels, I am just looking forward to more Star Wars! Have to admit though that the Clone Wars do nothing for me.
  2. Ulic QelDroma Jedi Knight

star 1
    I wonder if it'll be like a "Tales from Jabba's Palace" thing, where each week we get a different set of characters?

Also, did I read somewhere that there would be a couple of series running in parallel with cross-over characters and stories (ala Buffy and Angel)?
  3. StarWarrior77 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Even though I like the whole "jedi on the run" thing in the Dark Times era, I would like to see something different in the live-action show. I hear Boba Fett is going to be in it, but I don't know if that means he will be the show's main character or not.
  4. -Flyboys_Anonymous- Jedi Padawan

I have high hopes for this series. Just hope that it is taken in the right direction. I've heard Lucas's little speech on not having any of the main characters (Vader and Palpatine to name a couple) be apart of this. I think it would be pointless not to have at least one major film character start out the series and as the series progresses introduce new characters and go from there. It is essential that the series at least starts out with an "anchor" character from the prequels or else this would seem like any other sci-fi series.
  5. Darth_Comrade Jedi Master

star 1
    Well, I'm pretty sure Boba Fett is anchor enough.

Hopefully we'll get to explore Mandalorians besides Boba Fett...but is that hoping for too much? [face_thinking]
  6. Cyclone Force Ghost

star 1
    I hope that we get to see Scarlett Johansen in a Leia metal bikini.
  7. StarWarrior77 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Me too!!!!! :D
  8. darthlebowski72 Force Ghost

star 5
    Three guesses as to what the live-action show will be centered around...

a. The smuggling culture that arose after the birth of the Empire. A plotline centered around a young or child Han Solo paired with maybe a father/father figure. Chewie being involved is a must. Maybe a side story of Chewie dealing with the Empire's take over of his home planet after Episode III.

b. The forementioned bounty hunters centered around Boba Fett. Background stories of the bounty hunters Vader hired in ESB. Zuckuss, etc.

c. The Empire's first thorn in its side. Either the faction that became the Alliance or one small planet (Naboo?) rebelling against the Empire, kind of like how the French Underground acted against the Nazis in WW2. The Alliance didnt unite overnight. There had to be a time where everything was chaos and people acted on their own and didnt trust anybody.

One other option might be story about the birth of the Alliance itself. That sequence they cut out of Episode III where Mon Mothma met with Padme would be a good starting point. If Jimmy Smits needs work maybe he'd take the role of Bail Organa. But then that would call for the appearance of a young Leia, which probably wont happen. :(
  9. Darth_Sprocket Force Ghost

star 4
    I think it would be interesting to see a few episodes with a 'Coruscant Nights' feel to the series.....the adventures of Jax Paven & Laranth Tarak.
  10. StarWarrior77 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, it seems that casting is underway for the live-action show. I wonder if any big time actors are going to be in it.
  11. Captain_Typho Force Ghost

star 5
    casting underway is a good sign....it means the ball is truly rolling on this thing.
  12. Darthsuggs Force Ghost

star 4
    It is promising news. it looks like they are doing a bit covertly ala Clone Wars, however I doubt they can keep everything under wraps much longer.
  13. fanboyskywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Link: http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/03/09/exclusive-star-wars-live-action-tv-series-casting-underway/

A live-action TV series set in the ?Star Wars? cosmos has been an elusive, tantalizing prospect for years. News of the potential production first surfaced in 2005 while George Lucas was promoting ?Revenge of the Sith.? Work on the ?Clones Wars? animated feature film and Cartoon Network series, though, took creative precedence. In late 2007, Lucas revealed that he and his team were about to begin writing scripts for the live-action show. Now MTV News has learned that casting for the series is currently underway.

During the junket for the Nicolas Cage thriller ?Knowing,? star Rose Byrne let slip that Team Lucas is casting a wide net for actors to join the show. ?A lot of my friends have been auditioning for it,? she said.

According to Lucas, the show will focus on minor characters from the saga and be set in the time period between ?Revenge of the Sith? (Episode III) and the original ?Star Wars? (Episode IV). The action will follow the Rebel Alliance as it slowly gains strength against the Empire. There will be Stormtroopers, but no Jedi or Darth Vader will appear on screen. As he did with the ?Clone Wars? series, Lucas will write and shoot an entire year?s worth of episodes before looking for a cable channel on which to air the series.

Thus, with casting just now moving forward, it looks to be quite some time before fans will be able to catch some live-action ?Star Wars? on the small screen.

Bryne couldn?t have been more pleased about her time working with Lucas on 2002?s ?Attack of the Clones.? ?My experience was wonderful,? she said. ?George is a great guy. I was just there for a week, standing behind Natalie [Portman] looking very demure and supportive. 95% of the fan mail I get is from ?Star Wars? and I?ve never seen them.?

As much as she enjoyed the ?Star Wars? experience, Byrne, who was nominated for a Golden Globe for her work on FX?s ?Damages,? will not be auditioning for the live-action series. ?I?m on a show,? she said. ?I don?t know if I look that good in space.?

Odd that it was posted on MTV. Wonder if LFL still thinks they are a hot site for young people.
  14. Humble_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    [Edit]Nevermind.[/Edit]

So they've started auditioning!

I guess it's really going to happen after all! :D
  15. Palp_Faction Force Ghost

star 3
    Yay! About time too! So, let's see....they'll probably shoot later this year, filming all 20 episodes at once which will take a year or so. If post production runs concurrently then they should have a series ready for a broadcaster early 2011. We gotta wait another 2 years for this???
  16. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    I don't think Daniel Logan is definate yet, so they may try to cast someone new to play Boba Fett.
    But I'm all in favour of him being a big star in the series, he is awesome.
  17. ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Master

star 4
    They should get Temuera Morrison to play Boba, as that is what Boba Fett will ultimately look like. Or, at lease get Morrison to voice Fett. Wouldn't be right.
  18. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    I've never agreed with Boba having the same voice as Jango, but in order to retain continuity it will be needed.

Difficulty is that if the series is only set a couple of years after ROTS then Boba will still be young and it would be difficult for Morrison to play him.
    I think Daniel Logan would be OK, but I worry an adolescent Boba would demean the character.
  19. bhemmerling Jedi Knight

What about Bodie Taylor as Boba Fett. Wouldn't he be about the right age? And he looks a lot like Temura Morrison.
  20. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    I'm suspicious why Rose Byrn would mention this, especially if they specifically came to her asking if she'd like to reprise her role as Dorme. The article specifically mentions minor movie characters will make appearances (which Lucas previously denied), and it would make a certain amount of sense if someone like Dorme showed up, who most fans and even some casual viewers will remember.
  21. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Did Lucas deny movie characters would appear?
    I know he said principle main characters wouldn't and no Jedi or Emperor or Vader.

But I'm pretty sure from almost the get-go of this project it was said Boba Fett would have a big part. Quinlan Vos could also appear, so no reason why the hardly seen Dorme couldn't appear.

Minor movie and EU characters should appear in some form so audiences can relate to them. Would be silly to start a series with a whole bunch of characters we've never seen.
  22. Robimus Force Ghost

star 5
    Nice to see some news on this. Makes me more hopefully that its really going to happen and not end up like Episodes 7,8 and 9.
  23. Humble_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Episodes 7,8 and 9 never existed dude. Except on the website of he-who-shall-not-be-named. [face_whistling]
  24. QueenMother_LK Jedi Master

star 4
    Great news! I hope this series turns out to be as enjoyable as TCW has been. Although I still wish we could get to see some post ROTJ stuff eventually :(. But probably not...
  25. novajoe23 Jedi Knight

star 1
    That's what he meant... he didn't want it to end up not existing. Like 7, 8, and 9, the show was mentioned to be coming at some point, but was in danger to never come to fruition, just like the cancelled 7, 8, and 9.