main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Official Live Action Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by LucasBuiltMeHotRod, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
  2. hunter77

hunter77 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    Yup, heard about the Darth Vader TV Specials yesterday. Hoping it's not some kind of kids program, sing along with Darth Vader and the like. The name also reminds be of the Holiday Special :/

spicer likes this.
  3. twowolves

twowolves Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2013
    Why they think to make Darth Vader "cuddly" and "cute" is beyond me. The man was a child-killer; funny how that is glossed over. He eventually found redemption, to be sure, but along the way, he oversaw the murder of hundreds, if not thousands of people, many of which he committed himself. Then, there was Alderaan, an act of megadeath (always wanted to use that word! lol) that was one of tacit commission rather than direct action. Darth Vader was a monster, and making him kid-friendly robs him of the glory of his final redemption and makes light of the terrible things he did.

Darkslayer and spicer like this.
  4. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Pretty much what these guys said.

5. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Seems like jumping at shadows. What if it's just a documentary series on his legacy as a pop-culture icon? Maybe a tongue-in-cheek kind of thing like "R2D2: Beneath the Dome."

Everything seems totally business-as-usual to me so far. Suddenly things Star Wars has been doing for years (i.e. Disney crossover merchandise, Donald Duck as Maul, all that) are somehow pinned on big evil Disney, even though nothing's actually changed yet. I worry when I see a reason to, but once I figured out that even the TCW cancellation was CN's fault (taking it down with 'em), I've got no complaints. Disney wants Star Wars to remain Star Wars, or they wouldn't have bought it. J.J. Abrams has already scoffed condescendingly at the people who think it's going to be somehow Disney-esque now, and I'm pretty sure he'd know.

Vthuil likes this.
  6. twowolves

Oct 6, 2013

You know what? You're absolutely right. I would like to think the knee-jerk response this triggered in me is out of the love I have for Star Wars. I don't want anything to happen to it, and I'm sure you can all relate. It's like a beloved security blanket or teddy bear that you grew up with; you don't want anything bad to happen to it. In a way, Star Wars has become a part of us, and we each feel protective of it because of how much it has meant to us. For me, Star Wars has shown that redemption is possible even for those of us whose lives are a wreck, and it has helped me through some very dark times. I'm glad the movies are in the very capable hands of JJ Abrams.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  7. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    And hey, don't get me wrong; there's legitimate reason for suspicion... but just no shots fired yet. And around here I think everybody gets the picture, for the most part (except maybe the angrier TCW fans who can't accept that the cancellation might not have been Disney's fault)... but I'm facepalming all over the place when I see some people commenting on Star Wars Facebook threads who don't understand the concept of a subsidiary, and honestly seem to think that it'll actually become the Little Mermaid in space.

Vthuil likes this.
  8. twowolves

Oct 6, 2013

Ackbar can be Sebastien! lol

TKT and PraenomenCognomen like this.
  9. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    >.>
    <.<

I just don't like Disney as a corporation. :p

10. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Walt Disney supported Hitler in the 1930s.

There, I've godwinned the thread. It's now over. :p

Darth Kickass and Dinos4Ever like this.
  11. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
  12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Think it will be like the Clone Wars animated movie, but spread out across a few episodes. Word is, Darth Vader specials are tied in with Rebels.

13. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I'm hoping for something live action and more mature. We have enough Star Wars material for kids as of now (TCW bonus episodes, Rebels, that Disney cartoon Star Wars crossover that I can't remember it's name...)

14. twowolves

Oct 6, 2013
    Good to see that someone agrees with me, whether it be fiction or film.

15. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Actually Vader is kinda a convenient main character for a live action show. You don't have to go looking for an actor who looks like him. Anyone of the right height and build will do, it's not like you're gonna see his face.

It does kinda rule out any dehelmeting scenes though. Unless they use CGI for his face in those scenes.

Paparazzo likes this.
  16. twowolves

Oct 6, 2013
    How about someone like Kane or the Undertaker from WWE? They're about the right height and build. They don't really have to do much other than move their limbs and walk around, since they would undoubtedly do a voice over. And actually, the Undertaker is scary enough where they wouldn't necessarily need to use CGI to alter his face. A little make-up, and voila. Scarred up, pissed off Anakin. Kane, on the other hand, is too comical in his expressions.

17. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Disney does not what to disneyfy Star wars so nothing to worry about. That especallly goes for the sequel Trilogy, Tv shows and etc.

18. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    I kind of thought the possibility of a live action series died with the release of Rebels. The timeframe between EP III and IV was the best bet as far as fertile ground I feel. Now what I think could be possible is a live action story arc of TCW or Rebels made into a feature film. There is the prospect of this occurring as one of the spinoff films that have been announced. I wouldn't mind that at all.

19. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    WIll now that Marvel agents of sheild is becoming sucessfull it gives us more hope for the live action series to air on disney I read somewhere that disney whats the show to happen, plus we could also get more live action and animated tv shows of Star wars in like five or ten years from now. I But its only wishfull think and disney is planning a hell of alot of star wars projects, just like marvel and DC turning there comic books into animated movies.

20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    *Thread merge*

21. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    *Thread merge*

22. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    *Thread merge*

23. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Which threads were just merged into this one?

24. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Darth Vader in the LAS, casting the LAS with EU/TCW characters, and characters you'd like to see in the LAS. None of them had any new posts in at least three months. If a LAS ever gets officially announced, spin-off threads for specifics about it will surely be started up anew then... but for now, this overall thread should be good.

25. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Oh, you got me excited, I thought the thread merge meant there was news. :( :( :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.