main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Official Live Action Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by LucasBuiltMeHotRod, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014

Actually an old Republic series would be the easiest jumping on point for a casual fan as it would chronologically come first in canon so you wouldn't necessarily have to have seen any of the films. All you'd need to know is Jedi are good Sith are bad

2. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    Daredevil is arguably the best thing to come out of the MCU. It is one the biggest reason's to be excited about a SW netflix show. Disney has already proven that it can use netflix to put out quality content. Also, the showrunner of Daredevil has said he would love to take on a SW show.

Zikri and SilentGuy66 like this.
  3. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I just finished Daredevil today. I also concur that it's the best thing to come out of the MCU.

4. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Glad to hear that justice is done to characters over there -

5. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Having seen Daredevil I'd love D'nofrio to play a villain in an inevitable star wars Netflix show- a hutt maybe?

pronker likes this.
  6. thatotherjedi

thatotherjedi Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    Would have liked to hear that it was being produced by HBO....they are putting $6M into GOT episodes. That kinda of $$ into a weekly Star Wars episode would look good.

pronker likes this.
  7. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    $6 million? That's barely enough to CGI a group of gungans:p

8. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    Something always bugged me when I think about Star Wars live action tv shows. More animated ones? Sure, I'll buy them. But I sense a disturbance in the force when I think about real people on real tv shows. I don't know if it has something to do with the Christmas special or the Ewok movies. Dont ask me. [face_laugh]

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well Starwars and Live action TV don't go to well together if you ask me.

10. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I think a Firefly-esque show in the SWU would work well. Like extremely well.

Micro_Chip and pronker like this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I believe that there was a rumor going around that they might actually start the Underworld show Using Lucas's Scripts.

pronker likes this.
  12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah, I heard that too.

You know what's awesome about those scripts? Starkiller is meant to be appear. He could become canon

[​IMG]

pronker likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He was? When did that get announced?

14. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Old rumours from many years ago. 2010(ish) - Ian McDiarmid reportedly had agreed to return as Palpatine.

pronker likes this.
  15. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    If it is Star Wars I will watch it. No matter if it is Animated or Live Action. But I must admit a Live Action series would be awesome.

16. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Can't say I'm really interested tbh, same reason as for Marvel TV series. I might watch it if I catch on TV but that's it.

17. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I always have a hard time picturing the animated shows as taking place in the same universe as the live action films. Going across media like that, as well as the shift in tone (Rebels for instance just feels way more geared towards kids that TFA). I know it's all canon these days, but I can't really look at Ezra and picture him as a live action character. Comics for me aren't as difficult, and the novels I just have never gotten into. But TCW and Rebels always just seemed like they occupied a different world, even though I know they aren't supposed to.

I think I could more easily get on board with a live action TV series.

18. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    I hear that.

For me, live action would need Jedi/lightsabers/the Force to be really Star Wars. Oh, it needn't get into them right away, but a buildup these elements could work, with a full complement of original, non-"powered" characters as the main cast. A quarter of a live-action season's running time, though, I'd like to be ... 'Star Wars-y."[face_alien]:falcon::greensaber:

19. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    I definitely think that a Star Wars Live Action TV is possible on Netflix following Daredevil and Jessica Jones. Star Wars Underworld would be perfect as it is a dark entry in the saga much like Daredevil and Jessica Jones were for Marvel. Netflix already has a deal with Disney and they would love it as it would most likely lead to new subscribers joining their service.

pronker likes this.
  20. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    pronker and AmidalaLover like this.
  21. Delta-7

Delta-7 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 24, 2002

Seeing how well the Marvel Cinematic Universe has done on Netflix (Daredevil and Jessica Jones), color me excited for any Star Wars show that make it there.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  22. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

The point of Underworld was to focus on non-force users, like 1313 was scheduled to do (even though the game might still happen)

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think a Live action Netflix series would work best in this case.

The Vanguard, DarthRosie and pronker like this.
  24. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Disney seems to be keeping live action TV on the back burner.

25. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06...live-action-tv-show-had-a-sympathetic-emperor

I believe it would fit the Emperor character very well because that's how Anakin fell to the dark side and Palpatine tried to seduce Luke to the Dark side the same way.

If there was going to be a sympathetic emperor maybe it can show him like he is understanding of his enemies by believing he is pardoning them but what he is really meaning is death and no mercy, especially Imperial officers, similar to Amon Goth from shindlers lists.

But who knows what a sympathetic palpatine might of been.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.