main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Official Live Action Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by LucasBuiltMeHotRod, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Sounds kinda lame, not sure how that would be Ian's Palpatine in the "Underworld" setting- it would likely have to be some strange prequel episode or Palpatine got rejected when he searched for a queen,lol. Who knows, maybe he was scorned by Talzin.... [face_devil]

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I have a feeling that what Barlog said is misleading. It could refer to how the public perceived Palpatine or it could refer to Palpatine's mother. Luceno said that Lucas told him to edit the Plagueis novel to make Palpatine evil from birth.

Darth Formidious likes this.
  3. jedi_jra

jedi_jra Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2011
    The Vanguard likes this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    If it picks up after the events of TCW's "Lost Missions" and includes Ahsoka, I'm in.

SensationalSean likes this.
  5. DarthRosie

DarthRosie Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2014
    I wonder if this has anything to do with the writer that they just hired that has been attached to animation projects, or if that is just a coincidence.

Darth_Voider likes this.
  6. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

As amazing as that would be, it's unlikely. Disney will want any new show to be accessible as possible, so it'll focus on new characters.

7. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm guessing this will be the long awaited Underworld. The scripts have already been written and Disney got them with the purchase.

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

I'm not sure how accessible a new series focused on new characters would be. Even Star Trek took a very long time to develop a tremendous following on TV.

9. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    Even though people like us will be on board no matter what, they'll most likely use some familiar characters to get a wide audience watching the show. If Underworld happens, for instance, Boba will be a big part of the promotional material.

10. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I can see the possibility of a Phasma TV show being made similar to Marvel's Agent Carter, she was underused in TFA and something tells me she's not going to have a major impact on the rest of the ST, she's a glorified stormtrooper shes never going to be a threat to Rey and Luke and I doubt Snoke's master plan on galactic conquest hinges on her.

Plus (by all means correct me as I'm in no means an expert on this subject) I get the impression Christie is primarily a television actress so it's not like she'd be too expensive to bring back for a TV series.

I personally think giving Phasma her own series would actually allow her to become the character Disney wanted her to be- A 21st century Boba Fett

11. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Except the woman is a gangster.

12. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Don't know why this is blowing up now. It's been pretty much known for a few years Lucasfilm wants to make a LA SW show. And I'm pretty sure they said the same thing last year. And news sites are making it sound like it's in development right now, with the "Lucasfilm and ABC are working on new SW show!", when they said they are in very early stages of talking about it, which, again, has been the case since 2012 when Disney bought Lucasfilm.

This will be great, though, to have another SW show alongside TCW and Rebels to watch.

13. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
  14. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    Anakin was whiny and pathetic. I don't think Palpatine "fell" to the dark side, I like the idea of him having a natural affinity to it and embracing it.

The whole sympathetic idea wouldn't work. Ever.

15. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
  16. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

Was just playing, but Dark Side beings can fashion themselves as crime lords. Perhaps in the early concept in the scripts it existed where Talzin was was some kinda gangster. They were importing characters and stuff from the scripts into TCW and still doing it today. Lucas described the Maul of TCW as basically a gangster with his Shadow Collective and partly modeled on Sonny Corleone plus Vosa was a gangster dark Jedi so a dark Force user and gangster need not cancel one another out.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  17. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Interesting. Didn't know that. After Anakin become Vader, the scene with him and Palpatine discuss destroying the Jedi had a gangster feel to it.

Vorax likes this.
  18. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    DIsney already has Rebels, two animated series would be a little too much saturation.

I would love to see them make the abandoned SW 1313 game into a live action series!
    Criminal life beneath Coruscant would be an epic story to develop.

19. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Maybe we could see Thrawn in the live action series now that he is Canon. That's only if the live action show is going to happen.

20. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

There are rumours 1313 might still happen.

21. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I want a live action tv series but no more prequel/ot stuff. I want new themes and exciting stories. Rogue One will be the deciding factor if a television live series gets down.

22. jedi_jra

jedi_jra Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2011
    If it is the Underworld scripts, they may use this and bounty hunters as a launching pad for the Boba Fett Anthology film.

23. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Here is my lists of of I want of not just one live action show, and movies, but alot.

1.I want to see a republic commando live action tv series during the clone wars with the music based from the lucasarts game.

2. The old Republic tv show

3. Knights of ren tv show.

4. Tv show about Rogue squadrain, Before A new hope, in between A New hope and Empire Strikes back, and After Return of the jedi.

5. I also want to see something about the new republic army tv show in between Return of the jedi and The Force Awakens

6. I wanna see a Tv show about Sith Empires go to war with each other during the Knights of the old Republic

7. Now that Thrawn is Canon, I want see him within the live action show and during the post Return of the jedi shows and movies.

8. I wanna See A Darth maul TV show.

9. I would like to see a Tv show about Imperial Special ops about Stormtrooper.

10. I wanna see a movie about the battle of Jakku.

11. I would love to see a film on How Black sun group came into being.

12. A movie and a Tv show about Darth bane would be cool.

13. A Boba Fett tv show and movies during the post Return of the jedi.

14. A tv show taking place A thousand years after Return of the jedi to start something fresh.

darklordoftech likes this.
  24. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I take it that some of the stuff I would like to see may eventully happen.

25. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    I'd like to see a series where it shows the Empire moving into a system and deliberately annexing it forcing its defensive forces to attempt to fight them off demonstrating how ruthless the Empire really is so by the time we get half way through the first episode we witness a planet being bdz'd and our main cast having to flee off world to escape the result catastrophe!

Set up three groups, one are smugglers now stuck with trying to help the survivors the second are actual resistance fighters who are delaying the empire long enough for the others to escape and the third are trying to discover what the Empire is really looking for and hoping they can prevent whatever they have planned.

Throw in Imperial spies and occasionally showing the Imperial commanders overseeing the operation so we have clues as to what's actually going on maybe even humanising the Imperials for example they're actually hunting down actual terrorists rather than just rebels!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.