main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* Live Action Series General Discussion Thread (tone, plot, cast, etc)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by HyeJinx1984, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    as for the LAS, I just hope we can see some non Karen Traviss influenced stormies talking about their lives. and I hope they'll actually be able to shoot straight, given that there's no need for the hero shield in this series. no big time players(apart from cameos) should equal deadliers stormtroopers

2. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    He remade King Kong and thats about it so I don't really see the point you are trying to make there. The new Dam Busters film, although called a remake, is being based off of the real life events not the movie. That leaves it open for a better interperatation of flying a Lancaster Bomber at low level.

And if you are not into the remaking culture take your viewing elsewhere than Hollywood. Japan and Korea have made some fantastic blockbusters recently, Spain have made fantastic horror and the UK have made some interesting dramas. And if that doesn't tickle your taste buds then there are thousands of films on DVD.

3. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    oh, excuse me!!!:p but since Jackson himself is calling it a remake I think we'll take his word for it!!! both Kong and Dambusters are among his favouite movies and he has/is remaking both!!! as for "a better interperation" - Kong wasn't, and I doubt this will be either!!![face_thinking]

and I will "keep my viewing" where I please and I certainly don't need to be told what to watch!!![face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you]

4. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Peter Jackson hasn't called it a remake. The PRESS have called it a remake because it's another film with the same name based on the same events. Peter Jackson is producing a film based on the events not the film. And I never said Kong was a better interperatation, all I said was the only remake he has made so far is King Kong. So please don't put words in my mouth. Now if you want to get what I mean when I say a better interperatation of the Dam Busters go watch the original. All the pilots are all happy and smiley and muttering "Tally ho!" The new film will show the stress the pilots go through as they fly a weighty, over loaded bomber at suicidal levels. Especially with a man like Stephen Fry behind the script and the director of Heavenly Creatures producing.

It was only a recomendation to someone complaining about the state of cinema. After all it's lazy to complain about the product but go ahead and consume it.

5. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Jackson has called it a remake. several times. and you also called it a remake.
    I never said you called Jackson's Kong a better interpretation. you said a Dambusters remake was a chance for better interpretation of the story. I merely pointed out he had tried that with Kong and it didn't work. who is putting words in people's mouths now?
    the "Tally ho" and stiff upper lip was the "thing" to do at the time in movies. what is wrong with that? if we start remaking movies based on changes in society like that then every movie should get a remake every ten years.

who was complaining? I asked two questions about why so many people are doing remakes.

the "laziness" here is yours. you just assumed that I do "buy". but where is your evidence?

6. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Here we go again with the enticing Boba Fett imagery. Is the Boba Fett logo a reference to the LAS? Well, if they don't have a MAJOR presentation of this series in next year's Celebration, then the project is certainly dead and buried...

7. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Peter Jackson hasn't called it a remake. He's stressed the importance many a time that it isn't a remake! And I called it a remake so then no one would be left thinking "Eh, why is Peter Jackson bringing a 50 year old film to comic con?"

Sorry but you made out as if I had said PJ's King Kong was the ultimate rendition of Kong. I think that's putting words in my mouth.

By George he's almost got it!=D= The Dam Busters was a twee film that conformed to the way films were made at the time, many of the pilots who survived the raid hated the film for that fact and now to the viewing public it looks unrealistic. A remake is needed to inject the weight back into the story and to tell the true strain the pilots went through to destroy those dams.

And all I did was point out to you that if you don't like Hollywood's remake culture you can take your business else where as an answer. And the way you jumped down my throat for pointing out that fact just reinforced the notion that you watch Hollywood films. The laziness most definately isn't mine.[face_shame_on_you]

8. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    yes he has. maybe he just changing his approach to discussing it.

no, I never said that. you said that Jackson may be able give the events a "better interpretation", and I pointed out with Kong, he did. that was all.

so by your opinion, every movie should get remade every ten or twenty years. great!!!

pal, nobody jumped down your throat. you made a comment without knowing anything about what I watch. it was that simple. and what is wrong with "hollywood films"? not good enough for you?? strange because this forum is devoted to the best of them!!

now, what is this thread about again?:confused:

9. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Oh I'm certain the project is moving forward. Erik Tiemans has already been designing the locales for nearly a year. They've brought in their first writers.

So sit tight. It's just taking a bit. :)

10. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    STAR WARS is always worth the wait;)

11. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Looks like we could have our first cast member for the Live Action Series. Dichen Lachman

All I can say is.

Hello......[face_mischief] [face_love]

12. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, given that she said "if that's true"... sounds like its pretty much just rumor to me, without any solid basis.

13. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Yeah, but since there's no solid anything coming from the LA camp, wild rumor will have to do.

14. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    On the other hand, she didn't deny it either. Bascially she side-stepped the issue by changing the subject. My hunch is she's signed a confidentiality agreement and she's IN. ;)

15. MaStEr JiMmY PaGe *ZoSo*

MaStEr JiMmY PaGe *ZoSo* Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2000
    Where in that news piece does it say that this actress is the "first castmember" or even being considered? It reads like a random LAS question asked by a website to a actress who happens to be a Star Wars fan for attention purposes.

I've been a religious follower LAS news for the past several years and this actress Dichen Lachman has never been mentioned before in relation to anything Star Wars. The only rumored and potential names are Rose Byrne (which she shot done but has "friends" who are in talks), Jay Laga'aia, and Daniel Logan (Rick McCallum's LAS Boba Fett actor of choice).

Lachman is quite a looker and a castmember at this point would be welcome news but we also need to "be mindful".

16. brainwash

brainwash Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2009
    I agree with Jimmy Page, that interview sounded as if you asked me if I were going to be in the LAS, I'd say the same thing she did.

17. Jango_Fettish

Jango_Fettish Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    I always agree with Jimmy Page, he is the Lord of Rock.

Oh right, you mean the forum member here :p

But yeah, I agree with him too. This probably doesn't mean a thing, I really doubt she is actually involved. On the other hand, I would love to be proved wrong. A casting announcement would finally make this show feel real and I could kick my excitement into overdrive. At the moment, though, I just feel it has been far to long that we have heard anything solid, to the point where all the old info will most likely not even apply to the show we end up seeing, if it even happens.

18. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    You base that statement on what exactly?

19. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Great actress, but:

Whedon-related + Star Wars = LINK BAIT!!!

20. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    You know, I'd love to see some characters like Das Jenrir and Bomo in the live action, and perhaps some half-crazed dark sider who has been forgotten by the shifting sands of time. Quinlan Vos would also be a welcome addition, in my opinion. To me, that would be far more interesting than a live action that focuses on bounty hunters or the Fetts. Didn't we already cover bounty hunters with TCW? No more, I say.

Speaking of such, I think Johnny Depp would make an awesome crazed Dark Jedi. :p Seriously, I could really see the man running with that role and taking it somewhere incredibly fascinating and unbelievably cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.