main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Official LOST Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Armenian_Jedi, Oct 4, 2006.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Right. Sort of the whole idea of the show is this group of flawed people being brought to the Island to get a chance to change for the better.

-sj loves kevin spacey

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Solo: I am older than you but our ages don't come into it. I simply don't care for how Lost is presented at *all*. But, like I said, I don't care for much of modern tv/film for the moral issues I stated earlier so it's not just Lost. I'm fine with flawed chars, I prefer them actually because they are more human...I just prefer being able to see a struggle against the darkness/personal flaws/issues of chars and I simply don't on most things. I did see it with Charlie and Desmond that is WHY they are my fave chars. Anyways, I'll go quiet. Don't want to drag you down by having a differing opinion.

3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I hope you don't feel like you have to be quiet. Your perspective is welcome here.

As for your opinions on Lost, I would have to agree with solojones and EBSaints. While initially, only a few characters seem to struggle, that picture can change somewhat as the show progresses. To use the analogy of the prodigal son, it can take a while before people end up in the pig sty fighting for scraps, and sometimes even longer before they realize it themselves. But that doesn't mean that the story, at the end, wasn't a redemptive one.

4. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    Personally, I though that the third season of Lost was just okay, but picked up during the fourth and fifth season.

5. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Season three is easily the weakest of the six. The first half is just terrible, though it picks up right after Stranger in a Strange Land (aka, Jack's tattoo episode).

Seasons one and two are my personal favourites though.

6. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Stranger in a Strange Land is just terrible. I used to think that it wasn't quite as bad as Expose, but I've since changed my mind on that.

There are some pretty good episodes in the season, though, besides Looking Glass. I like both of Desmond's and Tricia Tanaka is Dead.

7. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I enjoyed Exposé purely for the schadenfreude.

8. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Greatest Hits
    /thread

9. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Wocky: Thanks for the analogy. I like prodigal son tales. However, given the issues I'm worried are about to explode in RL for me, Lost isn't a stress I need.

Also, it looks like every char on Lost is gonna die. That's just depressing. :(

10. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Greatest Hits is right up there, too.

11. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    It's not the destination, it's the journey. It only ends once. Everything before that is progress. ;)

12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah. I mean, everyone in real life is going to die...

-sj loves kevin spacey

13. EBSaints

EBSaints Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 29, 2002
    The slow pacing at the start of season 3 is responsible for the producers ultimately getting an end date set for Lost. They slowed the story down to almost a halt as they negotiated with ABC since they didn't know if they'd have to write 1 or 5 more seasons. Stranger in a Strange Land showed ABC what the show would be if no end date was set.

14. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    i might be the only person that likes those first six episodes of s3 where they're locked up. apart from further instructions, which is pretty retarded.

a tale of two cities in particular is amazing and imo a good single episode hook for new viewers.

15. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Nope, you are not the only one. As solojones can attest, I am a fan of seeing characters locked up to see how they react. Just read the beginning of GSE or that one Prison RPG we did.

16. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    The cold opening for the Season 3 premiere may be my favorite season opening for any show.

17. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    Agreed. You've spent two years watching these people adapt to savage conditions then *boom* a nice little town on the island. :p

18. EBSaints

May 29, 2002
    The show runners really knew how to nail a season's opener and final scene.

19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I love the first arc in season 3. Ben is amazing there. I'm not sure why you think you would be the only one to like it. The middle of the season has most of the problems.

20. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    [image=http://properimpaling.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/lost.jpg]

21. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Been done with this for weeks. I found the whole presentation/premise dumb: they end where they begin: *dead*. Didn't like Jacob at all. Dez and Ben are my faves all the way. That is *all*.

22. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    I thought you liked Charlie?

Season 3, that cliffhanger ending was mindblowing. That episode was just pure win.

Its why I love Season 3. Its when the writers temporarily stopped stalling and started giving us some real stuff.

Despite this, I find the ending of Lost to be rather cheesy in hindsight. I hate Jacob, and Im glad Ben made sure his death was painful.

I think the show was great but the ending was satisfactory in a very devious way.

It had great character moments but so many mysteries didn't pay off.

Its very disappointing to watch the series in hindsight and see all the loose ends that went nowhere because the writers made up everything as they went along.

Its why I try not to think about those loose ends, I try tuning it out of my mind so i don't get caught up in the negativity.

23. EBSaints

May 29, 2002
    Everyone ends up dead in the end, but they weren't dead the whole time so they didn't end up where they began.

24. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    To *my* interpretation, yes they did or I wouldn't have said it. BF, thanks, you're right, I liked Dominic's Charlie his whole arc. Amended char faves: Charlie, Ben, and Dez.

25. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Your "interpretation" is incorrect. They did not start off dead.