main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Official LOST Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Armenian_Jedi, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Dragar

Dragar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2002
    5 more and another break...

That kinda pisses me off, I hate when networks do things like that.

2. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Gilligans Island >>>>> all

That said, Lost sounds pretty interesting, although I've never seen it.

3. Apailana

Apailana Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2005
    Charlie FTW. Except we didn't get to see him. :(

Intresting episode. So many new questions. *sigh*

4. winter_chili

winter_chili Jedi Master star 5

Nov 6, 2002
    I thought the episode wasn't what is expected from a Pilot. Aside from the opening scene, it wasn't that intense, the scene with the water was pretty cool but I wish I hadn't seen it in a promo.

It bodes very well for the season as a whole. The character stuff was very interesting and well done. As far as "answering questions", they showed us the Others home so good enough. That was as close as it came to something like the Hatch that they could just reveal. Yeah I wish we could have found out more but I'm patient. I like how they're dealing with one group at a time. Jack Sawyer Kate, next episode is Sayid Jin and Sun and then Locke Eko Desmond Charlie, etc. They're taking their time with character and have recognized some of what made Season 2 inferior to Season 1, that it was more bogged down and felt confined. They're saying it?s going to focus on three things, The Others, romance and adventure.

5. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    =D=

6. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    NorCalBirdz, if you hate Lost, why are you so obsessed with it? Everytime a thread is created, you go out of your way to post about how much you despise it...

anyway, the episode just ended here and it was great. We don't have to call Henry Gale, Henry Gale anymore since they said his name... I know they said it, but I didn't catch it, my brother was talking, so if someone can fill me in on his name so I can stop calling him Henry, that'd be great. :p

I'm glad they finally showed the underwater base that there have been rumors about for over a year now. :p

And the intro to the episode topped last season's intro. Just jaw dropping.

7. winter_chili

Nov 6, 2002
    Ben was his name. I thought they said Ren at first.

8. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Let me assure you that J.J. Abrams himself has said the show will not run more then 5 seasons, that's it. It was part of the deal when he got ABC to take the show. And evne the producers and writers agree, that they will not stick around if it goes past 5 seasons. Since they only have 5 seasons mapped out to tell this story.

And whenever JJ Abrams says how he's shows are going to be, they are that way. It's the Beauty of JJ.

PS: I loved the episode. At first wasn't sure about it tonight. But after a few hours, it's grown on me.

~PK~

9. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003

What! Last I heard, it was only running 3 with a possible movie to end it. Have they changed it?

10. winter_chili

Nov 6, 2002
    It's going to run Four Season, 88 episodes, number of keys on a piano, is what they've said. Five at most.

They've also had a movie plotted out in the future the entire time.

11. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    On the Season 1 special features DVD J.J. himself said 5 at most. No more then that.

~PK~

12. Andalite-Bandit

Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    I thought that this was the very excellent premeire. The opener was very cool, but I have to admit I suspected what it was, but mostly because I read an article today in which it implied we'd see some of how The Others actually live. Everything in the rest of the episode was also great. I am very curious about what the Others are scheming about here. Clearly they have a different plan for Jack than they do for the Kate and the Sawyer.

The only thing I have a minor issue with, not really a big deal, but the name Juliet. Is it possible to pick a more obvious name for this character? (the answer is: no, it is not.)I know Lost likes to have character names be references sometimes, but come on. Whatever though, it is the minor issue. I do not care much.

Episode 2 looks like it is going to be neat as well. I wonder who will be the leader of the group now, with Jack out of the way. Probably the Sayid I think.

13. BigOlaf-aka-TheSarge

BigOlaf-aka-TheSarge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    heck, why not 6?!?! maybe 10!

sky's the limit for any exec in tv...

i'll watch the last season....if it ever has a last season.

14. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    I haven't watched the premiere yet, but I'm officially taking the "I don't care anymore" road for spoilers for the remainder of this show's run. Season 2 was so whacky that it's not worth the OMGOMGOMGOMZZZ anymore, those are all going to BSG and VMars this season, I think.

15. AaylaSecurOWNED

May 19, 2005
    1)JJ Abrams makes good TV. Alias had all but died in the fourth season, and he promptly killed it instead of hanging on until I was really really gone. Lost's storyline is far less capable of sustaining 5 seasons than Alias, and he knows it, and he's said it. It would take a lot of cojones to try and extend the show's run to 6, much less 10 seasons after publically saying that it's not going to be more than 5.

As for "if it ever has a last season," surely you're not suggesting that Lost will run for the rest of human existence?

Edit: I'm so tired I posted twice in a row. el oh el

16. Andalite-Bandit

Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    Olaf, while sometimes shows run beyond what they should, this is by no means always the case. Shows end all the time after a pre-planned number of seasons. The Shield will end after Season 7, for example. There will not be a season 8.

You ought to give TV shows a chance Olaf. A lot of the series airing right now are easily equal to great films in terms of quality, character development, story, drama, etc. Actually, I would even say that a well written television series has greater character development than the vast majority of films, simply because you get so much more time to deal with them. Events in tv shows can also be more powerful because of this. For example, when a character you've watched for five seasons is killed, it hits a lot harder than when a character you've watched for an hour and a half dies. For a person who has never even seen an episode of LOST, you seem to be rather certain of your negative opinion. You should give it a shot. Rent the season 1 DVD or something, you might be suprised.

17. BigOlaf-aka-TheSarge

BigOlaf-aka-TheSarge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    I should also note, that it has taken two of my best friend's social lives...

i will never forgive it...

18. AaylaSecurOWNED

May 19, 2005
  19. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    well, since you don't really have a social life to begin with, what harm would it cause to rent the first disc of season 1 just to see if it's any good?

20. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    I was skeptical of this show myself, but how can you hate on a show if you never gave it a chance. I'm loving the first season so far.

21. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    an interesting pic from tonight's episode.

obviously, don't click if you haven't seen it yet...

the patient jack was working on... could it be?

and here's just a gorgeous pic from the start of the show: clickity

EDIT: I think there's a chance that the guy in the first pic might be Bernard actually... but I'm pretty sure it's one of them. only if the angle was better. :p

22. Padawan716

Padawan716 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 7, 2001
    your opinion is invalid, null, void, etc, etc, kthxbai.

Now that the formalities are out of the way :)p) I thoroughly enjoyed watching the show while doing my homework. Very exciting atmosphere with all the non-viewers in the studio asking questions the whole time :p :p :p

23. Raincloud

Raincloud Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2002
    sweet!!

does anyone know when it'll be torrented? must watch, can't wait six months.

24. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    You seem to be one of those people who hate popular things for the sake of hating them. You havnt given any valid reasons for hating the show.

25. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Your friends are only alotted one hour of social time a week?

I thought it was a very strong season premere, much better than season 2's. Hopefully, this season will be a little faster paced than last season.