main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Official LOST Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Armenian_Jedi, Oct 4, 2006.

1. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    I saw this last Saturday at the premiere in Waikiki, with the whole cast in attendance and about 13,000 people. It was sweet. And you'ver never heard such a huge crowd be so silent. We got some free stuff too. :D

I thought it was great. After all that happened in the finale of last season, this one was much simpler. It was a good idea to only do a few people at a time. I love to see these character centered storylines. While the island itself is fascinating, the people on it are much more so. I'm dying to know the agenda of the Others. Juliet seems legitimately nice, but is it all an elaborate show? And that Henry Gale... oooh, he's so great to watch. And even if his name is Ben, I still refer to him as Henry Gale. It's just too perfect. :p

So I wonder if those bear cages were for the polar bears...
    And why do I feel like Sarah's new man has some other sort of significance?

2. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    I really hope he doesn't, some of the coincidences of accidental meetings prior to the crash are down right ridiculous.

I'd be just fine leaving it at the fact that Jack was obsessed with the man that was taking his place in his ex-wife's live.

3. Andalite-Bandit

Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    You actually don't have to be illegal to watch it, because ABC puts up new episodes of their recently aired shows online for free. They only stick in like 3 commercials. The premeire should be up on the LOST website sometime today. Just go to the Video section, and there should be something that says "Watch an episode for free" or something of that like, which takes you to the part of the ABC site with all their currently online episodes, and then just click Lost!

4. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    wow, I had no idea that they did this. That can be useful in the future... thanks.

5. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    Just watched it online at abc.com.

Wow. Just wow. I don't know what to think...except that ABC is evil for only airing 6 episodes then nothing till February.

6. DK_Force85

DK_Force85 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    Actually, you can only watch the episodes on ABC.com if you live in the USA. I'll PM you Raincloud. ;)

7. Raincloud

Raincloud Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2002
    wow, really? that is unexpectedly sensible.

the actual episode: the opening was brilliant, i concede, but the rest of the episode was just...boring. I don't care about any of those characters, except for Henry Gale and maybe Sawyer a little. I loved when Jack opened the door-o-death, and Henry Gale ran away screaming and shut the other woman in there. hee! He is so deliciously evil.
    i just hate episodes that raise more questions than answers. compared to the finale last season this was flat and dull. and no desmond! :p

8. Andalite-Bandit

Apr 25, 2005
    I thought that this episode was very good, although I wish there was a little more with the Jack storyline.

That Sawyer is always getting electrocuted this season. I think that Sawyer and Kate will surely attempt another escape. I have a feeling one of them might be doomed. I'm not sure. They're main main characters, so it would be very shocking, but I don't know. Maybe not in these first 6 episodes, but I have suspected for awhile that Sawyer is eventually doomed. The greatest end to a character arc for Sawyer would be for him to give up his own life in order to protect somebody else. Also, when characters on LOST fall in love with somebody on the island, it seems like one of them gets shot shortly afterwards.

It looks like we will finally see what happens with Locke and everybody next week. Hooray.

I also think it is neat how it seems most of the wackiness on the Island has some sort of scientific explanation behind it. Throughout season 1 and half-ish of season 2 it seemed to be more of a supernatural vibe to me.

9. Padawan716

Padawan716 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 7, 2001
    Todays episode was kinda slow, but I think it made som important revelations: They're not stuck in time, there is contact with the outside world, and the Others (at least Ben) have been on the island for a 30+ years. So now, the question for me is less about whether the Others are good or bad, but more about why they're there, especially if they have a way off/contact with the outside. And now that Jack has the chance to leave the Island, will he? Will he do the same thing Michael did? You could tell he really wanted to leave....

10. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    Indeed. He was very nearly drooling over the baseball game.

11. Raincloud

Raincloud Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2002
    Henry Gale is my one true love! Or Ben, or whatever his name "really" is. He is the best character to grace television since...a long time. I would watch Lost for his evil cunning alone.

Kate/Sawyer was adorable. Aaw. I agree with A-B that Sawyer will be offed. Jack is the main character, and Kate is the damsel in distress, so that leaves Sawyer as the expendable party.

Did I detect a hint of Henry Gale/Juliet? "You never made me soup." "Am I interrupting anything?" ...Maybe I am imagining things. But for all Juliet's crooked smiles and caring demeanour I think Sawyer's dead on when he says she wouldn't hesitate to shoot Kate. Not like other Blonde Other Girl, who reckoned Sun didn't have killing in her. Showed her, eh?

anyhow, if desmond isn't in the next episode i'm going to have to bust some caps.

edit: i didn't take jack's reaction as baseball-lust. he looked more shocked than anything, like life outside the island and the fact that the world had kept on spinning was something that hadn't really occured to him until then.

12. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    Don't worry...he will be. :D

13. Andalite-Bandit

Apr 25, 2005
    Desmond was in the preview for next week, as were Locke and Eko.

"Henry Gale" is a very interesting character. He's crazy! He looked like he was genuinely hurt that Jack wouldn't shake his hand. Yet other times he is completely sinister. Crazy fellow. I wonder if he will get his own episode this year.

I wonder where that Ms. Clue is, who I know doesn't spell her name Clue, but it sounds like that so I spell it like that, but anyways, where is she! She seemed like an important figure for The Others. Yet no appearance yet this season! What is she up to? Some scheme?

I am also wondering if within these first 6 episodes we will see any indiciation about what happened to all of the people that The Others kidnapped, like those kids from the Tail section.

14. Andalite-Bandit

Apr 25, 2005
    I think this was one of the neatest episodes ever.

15. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    For an older man, Chris Mulkey is pretty damn hot.

16. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    They really did justice to my three favorites tonight! Locke, Desmond, Eko...

17. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Well, that was horrible. My favorite character, Locke, and they do NOTHING except find Mr. Eko.

Wow. That's supposed to be interesting?

Don't even get me started on the pointless flashbacks.

I'm very dissapointed as I had really been looking forward to this one.

18. winter_chili

winter_chili Jedi Master star 5

Nov 6, 2002
    Yeah, I was expecting more. Why didn't the bear just eat Eko? What's with having extras suddenly start talking, knowing who Jack is, sassing it up? How did they get out of the hatch when it imploded? I was lead to believe Boone would lead Locke to something more important than a polar bear cave.

19. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    The two people are two new stars. They just may hav the worst entrance I've seen for a new character ever.

20. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    They aren't extras, they're new regular cast members...and instead of giving them a special entrance, it appears they just threw them into the fray (since they've been amongst the survivors the entire time)...which is just fine by me. One thing that's been known about the show since the beginning is that new cast members will be introduced when older cast members exit.

I liked this episode...not really sure what there is to complain about.

EDIT: How would you have introduced them? It's no different than Dr. Artz(sp?) in season one...he just sorta started talking...don't remember anyone complaining then...

21. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    How would you have introduced them? It's no different than Dr. Artz(sp?) in season one...he just sorta started talking...don't remember anyone complaining then...

I could buy that we haven't seen much of Arntz because it was the end of the first season. We're in the third now.

22. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    ....and? There are almost thirty other people that survived amongst the survivors we already know. They're bound to touch upon them eventually...and the only way it can be done is the way that they've done it in the past and tonight. Sure, it seems kinda forced...but how else are they going to do it? There is no other way. They can't really make a big deal out of it, as the regulars are going to know these people already--it's the only way to introduce them.

Seems like an awfully petty complaint to me...

23. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    I enjoyed tonights episode. I really like the flashback stuff. It was fascinating that Locke was a member of a survivalist/militia commune. I was so glad when he didn't kill Eddie in cold blood at the end. I kept on saying, come on Locke you're not a killer.

Saving Echo was a spiritual journey and redemption for Locke. Now he is ready to lead the Losties and rescue Jack, Kate and Sawyer.

24. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Well, at least Locke isn't a mute.

25. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    I completely agree...and I wonder who the "they" is that Eddie referred to when Locke had the gun on him...the police...or someone else? ;)

For the first part of the episode he was...did you miss it? ;)