main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Official LOST Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Armenian_Jedi, Oct 4, 2006.

1. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Seems like an awfully petty complaint to me...

Er... that's nice. It's my opinion and I think it was a bad writing choice.

However, those two did not make me dislike the episode. My reasons are stated above.

2. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Steve, LS, you two think Chris Mulkey's hot for an older guy too, right?

3. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    I wasn't bein' a dick...just shootin' ya straight. It's a petty complaint, plain and simple...as there is no other way to introduce the other survivors...they just have to start talking ala Dr. Arntz did in season one. If there wasn't a complaint then, then there shouldn't be a complaint now in my opinion.

EDIT:

I've stroked it to him twice already, if that tells you anything... :)

4. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    I won't confirm nor deny, but I did sport some wood.

5. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    :p He makes me tingle too, maybe it's the difference in age.

6. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    I wasn't bein' a dick...just shootin' ya straight. It's a petty complaint, plain and simple...

What the Hell? Who are you to say whether a complaint is petty or not? That's awfully arrogant.

Plus, you ignored the part where I said that that scene had nothing to do with why I disliked the episode.

7. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Seriously, it's petty.

I didn't ignore it...just didn't feel like responding to it...just like what you're doing with my responses. No sense in being hypocritical on top of being petty. :)

8. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Wow. You certainly have a bit of an ego. You don't see me picking on people who liked it.

I said a scene irked me and you call my complaint petty. Again, it's my opinion of an episode of a television show. I'm not so sure that can be petty.

But, hey, I forgot that you're God.

:rolleyes:

If this is your attitude I might as well ignore your posts all together.

9. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    I think it's kind of ironic that this argument is more petty than any character introduction.

10. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Ah, you're probably right. I just get angry when someone says an opinion is wrong.

11. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    Personally I think both of you are right. The character introduction did seem very forced, I almost lol'ed at it, but honestly that was the best way to introduce characters who were on the island for the past 69 days. Very non-chalant, make it seem as if they know everybody and what not.

12. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002

I think you could use this:

[image=http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f236/LeoanrdShelby2123/SandyVaginaCleaningKit.jpg]

:)

What the Hell? Who are you to say whether an argument is petty or not? That's awfully arrogant. [face_clown]

I didn't say it was wrong...I said it was petty--there's a difference. :)

EDIT:

That's exactly what I'm saying! Yes, it's forced...and completely out of the blue (just like Arntz(sp?))...but it's the ONLY way to introduce the other survivors of the crash...there is no other way around it...so there's really no sense in complaining about it, in my opinion. It'd be nice if I could say that without being bitched at...but alas... :)

13. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    EDIT: Oops.

14. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Funnily enough, I just saw on the trektoday boards that they were supposed to be introduced in a scene where they were having sex in Jack's tent.

Now that would've been a good intro.

15. winter_chili

winter_chili Jedi Master star 5

Nov 6, 2002
    It was stupid not to introduce us to all the other cast mates or make it a regular thing that we would slowly get to know more of them. They did this a bit in the first season with Sullivan but dropped it and brought it back with Artz. Artz was okay because it was early enough in the show. Also it was stupid because they had no reason to NOW come into the show. Artz was introduced because he was a scientist and they were launching the raft.

16. DarthAJ

DarthAJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2004
    Very...odd episode. Hmmm...It seemed to be a throwback to the simpler season one episodes with a little bit of insanity thrown into the mix. It probably seems different to us because in season two something was constantly happening effecting the plot in a major way unlike tonight's episode (except for the Desmond is a possible psyhic part). Overall I liked the Locke flashbacks, mostly Eddy's character. Hopefully we see more of him in Locke's next flashback...

What was up with the corpses in the polar bear cave wearing Pearl Station shirts??? Also, I hope the six episode story arc culminates with a Locke and co. vs. the Others battle. That would be awesome!!!

17. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Didn't catch it tonight...

What dd I miss?

18. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    Good episode tonight, Locke's episodes are always good though... IMO he has the most interesting backstory other then Eko's.

The CGI polar bears piss me off whenever they come up... blah.

19. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    You can watch it here
    http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index

20. Raincloud

Raincloud Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2002
    "The hatch...blew off your underwear."
    HOORAH PANTSFREE DESMOND.

what a wonderous day for all! this episode was great. Desmond, Locke, Eko, even Charlie was surprisingly non-annoying. And since when did the afterlife make people ten times more attractive?

I like the idea of Locke having a secret 'hunter' past. There is a big gap between the flashbacks in "Lockdown" and working on a utopian pot farm in this episode. Why was he angry? When did he "stop being so angry"?

+ Desmond is totally a time traveller from the future. OMG TARDIS.

21. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    I hated Boone when he was alive, but I thought he was pretty badass in this episode...

22. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    No Shannon in the dream sequence, though?

23. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    I hated her when she was alive too... I can't imagine ever liking her... If we never see her character again and the show's mysteries don't get solved I'll still be happy.

24. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN

THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2006
    I liked the last episode, it was about time they showed Locke/Charlie.

25. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I think all of Lost is really Aaron's dream.