Amph Official LOST Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Armenian_Jedi, Oct 4, 2006.

1. winter_chili Jedi Master

star 5
    I've been wondering this but also I've been wondering this episode took place before Orientation/Lockdown flashbacks or after. The only indication is that he says like he didn't know his Dad or like him or something, but even just being abandoned would be enough that he didn't like his Dad. If it takes place after, and there's a gap in between this and him getting in the wheel chair and a gap in between this and Lockdown (Lockdown really left us hanging with the failed proposal and the loads of money waiting for him) that seems kinda complicated. I think this might have taken place before he worked at the toy store, which is the oldest flash back we have.

I'm pretty excited for this new episode because we are finally done wrapping up the finale. In the long run I think I'll more positively on these last two episodes but I really just want to see what THIS season will be like in terms of long-term story arcs.
  2. Leonard_Shelby Jedi Master

star 6
    I agree. I found him kinda...boring when he was alive...but he was much more compelling talking to Locke in his meditation. I hope they bring him back like this more often--to which I think they might.
  3. Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan

star 6
    Mr. Eko, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Well, I thought tonights episode was pretty pretty good.

However, I'm not sure how I feel about introducing all of these tail section characters, and then killing all of them except for Bernard. Definetely wasn't expecting Eko to go though, so they succeeded in being suprising. Especially since episode 3 was all about saving Eko's life. Then he dies anyways 2 episodes later. Crazy.

Neat to see the smoke beast gadget again. What I find most interesting is that Locke saw it in a different form. Very very interesting.

I'm not really digging these two new characters. It just seems kind of awkward to me. I think I'll probably get used to them though.

The Juliet video thing was very cool. However, I am 90% certain that Jack is not going to murder Ben during an operation, he's a doctor and his ethics won't let him do that to a patient, even if it is Ben. Jack might kill somebody in self defense. Jack might have been willing to launch an attack on The Others before, in an action he believed would protect himself and his friends, but murdering somebody on the operating table is a line that I can't see Jack crossing.

Next weeks episode looks crazy awesome.

One more edit: Hey Lost fans! Whats this nonsense about no posts about episode 4? RIDICULOUS.
  4. Armenian_Jedi Jedi Master

star 7
    Thanks AB, I couldn't find this thread last week if my life depended on it.

anyway, this was by far the best episode of the season so far. I'm just upset that my favorite character had to die in order for that to happen.

I'm thinking that since smokey took the form of Yemi today, that every hallucination has been smokey.

Hurley=Dave
    Kate=the horse
    Sawyer=the boar
    Jack=his father

The weird thing is, and I think this is intentional. Kate could see Sawyer's boar and Sawyer could see Kate's horse.

true love? soulmates? meant to be together? read into it what you want.
  5. Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan

star 6
    That smokey=all hallucinations thing would also explain why Jacks fathers casket was empty, since Eko's brothers body was also missing, and Smoke beast was Eko's brother. Craaaazy. This smoke creature is getting more mysterious as more is revealed about it. It can evidently see into peoples minds and memories and can assume various forms, and appears to have some degree of intelligence. That is a very supernatural "security system."
  6. Veloz Jedi Master

star 6
    Oh last night's episode was good!... looks like next week's episode is gonna be even better and specially for the Kate+Sawyer fans :p

What the heck is up with that smokey thing!? geez:oops:

I'm also very curious to see what Jack decides to do about Ben, that most def looks awesome for next week...i cant wait! [face_dancing]
  7. LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Has anyone here read "Prey" by Michael Crichton? I was reminded of that novel while watching the Smoke Monster kill Eko last night, as the main antagonist in that book is also a killer cloud of sorts (with a penchant for taking over and animating bodies, I might add).
  8. FatBurt Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The producers have confirmed it is not a nanobot cloud though

But yes I thought Prey as well initially.
  9. Armenian_Jedi Jedi Master

star 7
  10. Espaldapalabras Jedi Master

star 5
    I am not 100% sure the boar and the horse were really the smoke monster.
  11. Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan

star 6
    I am annoyed that after tommorow night the rest of the episodes of season 3 are not being aired until FOREVER. It's craziness.

I suspect though that this episode will be extreme amazing and have some sort of crazy cliffhanger.
  12. Veloz Jedi Master

star 6
    I agree [face_frustrated]

We'll be waiting forever to only find more questions [face_laugh] ... i bet u tomorrow we'll have a very mean cliffhanger :oops: :_|
  13. Armenian_Jedi Jedi Master

star 7
    I like the cliffhangers, they keep me interested... but waiting till february is gonna make me cry.
  14. Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'd rather have full knowledge of a long break. It's much better than seeing the previews for the next episode, and they surprise you buy saying "Three weeks from tonight". I can better prepare for it now. Plus, no one will be complaining when we get 16 uninterrupted episodes.
  15. Armenian_Jedi Jedi Master

star 7
    yup, this is gonna be horrible now, but I suspect the payoff will be worth it.
  16. Armenian_Jedi Jedi Master

star 7
    Great episode tonight... I thought there'd be more of a cliffhanger but I guess it's better off this way... now I won't be so depressed about having no lost for 3 months. :p

At first I thought there were only three options as to how the surgery could go.

a) Jack kills Ben and makes it look like an accident
    b) Jack tries to save Ben but fails
    c) Jack tries to save Ben and succeeds

I never would've thought Jack would use Ben as leverage.

There seems to be a flaw in his plan though. He doesn't know that they're on a seperate island. There's nowhere for Kate and Sawyer to go unless they can get their hands on Desmond's boat.
  17. RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    That was a sweet episode.

I love how Kate is still clearly torn between Jack and Sawyer, even after what happened. And I'm curious as to whether Jack is going to let Ben die anyway, I want to believe Juliet, but I don't trust any of the Others fundamentally.

Poor everyone else on the show, they've so far gotten very little screen time. :p

16 episodes in a row will be rad, but that's an insanely long wait.
  18. Armenian_Jedi Jedi Master

star 7
    I still don't get why we get 22 episodes this season instead of the normal 24...
  19. Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling

star 7
    I thought Nathon Fillion had the easy job. Sleep with Kate. Say like four lines. No problem!

Where are Sawyer and Kate gonna run, too?

20. Armenian_Jedi Jedi Master

star 7
    the hill that Sawyer and Ben were on... so they can have sex with a beautiful view of the ocean and the other island. :p
  21. Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling

star 7
    ^And Sayid could be on the other beach with his binoculars and he can see Kate and Sawyer making out.
  22. Padawan716 Jedi Master

star 6
    most badass episode of the season.
  23. Jedi-Queen Jedi Padawan

star 4
    It ticks me off, this end of the fall season BS.

Here's my 2cents...

Jack never even mentioned letting Sawyer go, just Kate.
    So, the only way Sawyer is going to be released is if Kate refuses to leave
    without him, which she prob will.
    The way she was yelling over the walkie to Jack kind of made me think she loves Jack, not Sawyer.
    I think she likes Sawyer, but he's too damaged just as she is so she wants to cling to the good guy
    (she did marry a cop before going on the run).
    I think she slept with Sawyer b/c she thought he was going to die and when he asked her about the
    "I love him" thing from the past show she didn't answer. She just smiled and kissed him, in other
    words she couldn't say it b/c she doesn't feel it. I think she knows he loves her and wants her so
    she wanted to give him what he wanted/needed before he died.

When the season returns we may even see her yell to Jack she can't leave him b/c she loves him.
    I bet we will definitely see her true feelings come out and Sawyer will be hurt and bitter.

IMO, I'd choose Sawyer, he's got that sexy machismo thing going on :)
  24. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN Jedi Youngling

star 3
    That was an awesom episode, I didnt think Jack was that bad ass.
  25. Armenian_Jedi Jedi Master

star 7
    Yeah, I really didn't think he had it in him either.