main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Official LOST Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Armenian_Jedi, Oct 4, 2006.

1. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Yeah, carbon copy of Boone and his stoopid sis. Not needed. Plenty of existing characters we need to see more of.

Meh at last nights episode. Jack was always gonna do the op and use it as leverage to free the others. Too much back story and not enough action on the island.

:mad: At having to have an Ameican Express card to see exclusive content and also putting snippets of the new eps after that new drama that starts next week, Taye Diggs is a good actor but the show has a distinct smell of garbage coming from it.

Would have like to have seen Nathan Fil brought in as a more regular character.

2 Islands or 1 shaped like a horse shoe so from certain angles can look like two?

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I did a fangirl moment when I saw Nathan. :D

And I agree. I never thought Jack would use Ben as leverage.

And yay for Alex and her slingshot! :D

3. Ambassador Cara Jade

Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 23, 1999
    Was I the only one who laughed when Kate drugged Nathan Fillion?? Poor guy has bad luck with girls making him sleepy. :p

4. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    The best part of last nights was Nathan Fillion.

Other than that...the cliffhanger has pissed me off to no end cause we don't get **** for 13 ******* weeks.

5. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    I really didn't like that episode which was dissapointing as I had enjoyed the last two and was really looking forward to that one. However, I found it boring and predictable with a terrible cliffhanger.

6. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    LOL

I wish he would be in more episodes.

7. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Well, you never know, maybe he got a letter from Dharma saying "hey, we got this island and we're looking for some guys to fill security positions..." :p

8. doctoryoda

doctoryoda Jedi Master star 7

Jan 18, 2004
    Since when has there been a lost thread?! I'm a bigger lost fan than a star wars fan now. :D

For future references, can we post spoilers?

9. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    as long as you spoiler font it, it's fine.

like this

10. Andalite-Bandit

Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    That episode was crazy. LOST is certainly a good at dramatic moments. There were a few seconds there when I thought Sawyer just might be dead.

February though, jeez.

11. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    Yeah, definitely. I thought for sure he was dead when they went to the wide shot of all four people. I had chills during that scene.

12. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    same here :mad:

13. Balrog_Paradox

Balrog_Paradox Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2003
    Holy cow. That was a great episode. Almost Season 1 calibur, I'd say. Really good.

That said, ****ing cliffhanger. :mad:

14. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    Yeah, the last two episodes have both given me season 1 vibes. I've watched at least 25% of these last two episodes with my hand over my mouth. :p

15. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    For me this was by far the best episode of this season... i was :eek: during the last moments of it [face_laugh]

I do agree that waiting until feb 7th is just way too much[face_not_talking] , i dont care if we get all new episodes until the end of the season after that...it's too long! :_|

16. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    No joke. That's probably about the tensest I've ever been during a movie or TV. They just kept pushing it and pushing it... And it is quite like them to spring major deaths unexpectedly... And, I mean, the guy had just had sex with Kate, which was what he'd wanted all along, which can't be good for your life expectancy on Lost... I really thought he was a dead man.

What this episode really did for me was convince me of something I certainly haven't believed since the start of Season 2, and possibly not since before that: Jack. Is. The. MAN!

Anyway, I thought the first episode of the season was really good, that the second episode was not nearly as good, and that the subsequent episodes have been a progressive improvement, with every episode being better than the previous, so that now we're in the realm of the really good. I am happy.

I love the way that, although they're on the same Island dealing with a lot of the same things, each season somehow manages to be substantially different than the previous ones. I get a big kick out of that.

-Paul

17. Cellist

Cellist Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2003
    No joke. That's probably about the tensest I've ever been during a movie or TV. They just kept pushing it and pushing it... And it is quite like them to spring major deaths unexpectedly... And, I mean, the guy had just had sex with Kate, which was what he'd wanted all along, which can't be good for your life expectancy on Lost... I really thought he was a dead man.[/quote]

I totally agree. Especially the way Kate was screaming in hopeless desperation...it was just heartbreaking. I was almost certain that he'd blow Sawyer's brains out.

18. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I was actually disappointed with that last episode. Weird, because Lost has never really disappointed me before. Kate kind of got on my nerves. I was hoping they'd kill her and not Sawyer. And there isn't much chemistry between Kate and Sawyer, which I have to blame on the actors. Too dragged out, too much useless soap opera drama. And that's not why I watch the show, so I was bummed.

19. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    The only part I hated was the slingshot stuff. Man, those people had rifles, and they're getting wasted by slingshots? Very Ewoky.

20. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    yeah, that's the one part that left me scratching my head...

21. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    It seemed to be like they were letting her live for a reason...

22. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    well yeah... but it was just silly that she took down two guys with a slingshot...

23. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    They did claim to not be murders. They act like real people put in a situation they don't want to be in... normal people usually are hesitant about killing people.

24. Espaldapalabras

Espaldapalabras Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2005
    See that is what they want you to think. I still can't get past them killing the guy on the beach, hanging Charlie, and breaking the tallie's neck.

I think there might be some Others that aren't killers, but whoever is behind them can't be a good guy.

25. Raincloud

Raincloud Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2002
    Jack you BITCH.

If that cake eater kills benry! Who is he to grow balls 3 seasons in just to kill off the best character on the show. What happened to boring, wishy-washy Jack? Bring him back! This new model is too disruptive.

You can't just spring Nathan Fillion on a girl like that. I had to pause the thing to regather my wits. Phew. And I guess you could say Kate was...malcontent. Guffaw, guffaw, chuckle chuckle.

The last scene with Sawyer and Kate...wow. That was some pretty solid television.

so how long until the next episode? I am in australia, revelling in the wonders of bitorrent - i don't get "next time on lost" montages.

edit: is there anyone who doesn't find the new characters completely annoying? why kill off Shannon and Boone just to replace them with less hot characters?
    When the girl suggests watching the other TVs, and everyone is like "OH YOU GENIUS ARE"...didn't Locke watch Jack on the TVs when he was there before?