main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**Official** Love Story discussion thread.

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Darth Dark Helmet, May 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    My 2000th post!

Here goes (this has to be good, well thought out, and perplexing)...

I lyke Stoor Waoors. It haz:

HYDEN
    PADAME
    OBYWAN
    MACE MFOO

AND COUNT DOOKY

The lov stooryie iz good cuz it weally wefwects MY TAUTS about Padama and Anken. Dey weally do wuv each udder DUN THEY! YEZ!
    A
    N
    D

Checka dissa outen!

Zada love stury helpz JAW JAR STINKZ (haha dyou like that one ahahah) AND dey are fall inw uv with Jaw JAR, and PADAME LIKEZ JAAAR JA or so sez McCallwum at Cewebration TWO.

Andywayz dat iz aboutz all iz I hazenn to say so dun tink about what meeez saYD TOO MUCHZ about za luv stury.

Mmmk.

nOWZ herez my POEMZ for YOOS!

Again and again, however we know the landscape of love and the little churchyard there, with its sorrowing names, and the frighteningly silent abyss into which the others fall: again and again the two of us walk out together under the ancient trees, lie down again and again among the flowers, face to face with the sky.

Sweet stream that winds through yonder glade,
    Apt emblem of a virtuous maidâ?-
    Silent and chaste she steals along,
    Far from the world's gay busy throng:
    With gentle yet prevailing force,
    Intent upon her destined course;
    Graceful and useful all she does,
    Blessing and blest where'er she goes;
    Pure-bosom'd as that watery glass,
    And Heaven reflected in her face.

Love in Fantastique Triumph sat,
    Whilst bleeding Hearts around him flow'd,
    For whom Fresh pains he did create,
    And strange Tryanic power he show'd;
    From thy Bright Eyes he took his fire,
    Which round about, in sport he hurl'd;
    But 'twas from mine he took desire,
    Enough to undo the Amorous World.
    From me he took his sighs and tears,
    From thee his Pride and Crueltie;
    From me his Languishments and Feares,
    And every Killing Dart from thee;
    Thus thou and I, the God have arm'd,
    And sett him up a Deity;
    But my poor Heart alone is harm'd,
    Whilst thine the Victor is, and free.

Soul, heart, and body, we thus singly name,
    Are not in love divisible and distinct,
    But each with each inseparably link'd.
    One is not honour, and the other shame,
    But burn as closely fused as fuel, heat, and flame.

They do not love who give the body and keep
    The heart ungiven; nor they who yield the soul,
    And guard the body. Love doth give the whole;
    Its range being high as heaven, as ocean deep,
    Wide as the realms of air or planet's curving sweep

Lay Your Sleeping head, my love,
    Human on my faithless arm:
    Time and fevers burn away
    Individual beauty from
    Thoughtful children, and the grave
    Proves the child ephemeral:
    But in my arms till break of day
    Let the living creature lie,
    Mortal, guilty, but to me
    The entirely beautiful.

Soul and body have no bounds:
    To lovers as they lie upon
    Her tolerant enchanted slope
    In their ordinary swoon,
    Grave the vision Venus sends
    Of supernatural sympathy,
    Universal love and hope;
    While an abstract insight wakes
    Among the glaciers and the rocks
    The hermit's carnal ecstasy,

Certainty, fidelity
    On the stroke of midnight pass
    Like vibrations of a bell
    And fashionable madmen raise
    Their pedantic boring cry:
    Every farthing of the cost.
    All the dreaded cards foretell.
    Shall be paid, but from this night
    Not a whisper, not a thought.
    Not a kiss nor look be lost.

Beauty, midnight, vision dies:
    Let the winds of dawn that blow
    Softly round your dreaming head
    Such a day of welcome show
    Eye and knocking heart may bless,
    Find our mortal world enough;
    Noons of dryness find you fed
    By the involuntary powers,
    Nights of insult let you pass
    Watched by every human love.

DERE I hopeinz YOUZ yked my POEMZ (actaully I got demz off site HAHAH bet you likes that ONEZ) and I HOPE dat everyponze hz love in...der LYFEZ!

/end 2000th post

2. Undomiel

Undomiel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2002
    Pooja,

Ah, that was most beautious! Thank you. :) We liked it, didn't we, ladies?

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    U

Your son is cute! You have every right to be proud! :D Wonder what he would think of his face all over the internet? ?[face_plain]

Pooja

spouting poetry? Holy cow! :eek:

I flew over post 1,700 today.. yikes- no wonder my fingers hurt.

4. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    PLJ,

I showed him. He chuckled. That pic was taken for the express purpose of showing it to the people who he hung with at a "Roswell" board (et.al, "Roswell" the TV series). He hangs out at Rebelbasers.com now, or something to that effect). He's one of the board admin over there.

5. SlowLearner

SlowLearner Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2002
    Really now, what evidence is there that Padme REALLY soothes, calms, or controls Anakin?

Let me count the ways:

1) Packing scene - It's clear Anakin is very troubled and frustrated about his Jedi training. There's a lot of turbulence going on in his mind. Who is there to patiently listen to him vent his frustrations? Padme. Who gently reminds him that mentors see more of our faults than we'd like, but that it's the only way we grow? Padme. Who gently advises him not to try to grow up too fast? Padme. Who looks calm after hearing these words of wisdom? Anakin.

2) Picnic scene - Have you ever seen Anakin look so carefree and at peace? What causes him to laugh so freely and goof around like an overgrown kid? Being with Padme. I'd say she's a soothing influence. Isn't it also interesting how Padme affectionately calls him "Ani"? To everyone else, he is Anakin or "my young padawan learner."

3) Confession scene - Anakin is clearly agonizing about what he has done. Instead of acting as his judge, jury, and executioner, guess who is there as his friend, someone who'll just listen to what he has to say and be a shoulder to cry on? Padme. That was not the time nor the place to condemn him and lecture him, but it doesn't mean she condones what he did.

4) Love Pledge - Guess who wants to give Anakin the gift of love? Padme. Take a look at Anakin's face afterwards. There's a calmness about him that wasn't there after the events on Tatooine.

OK. Gotta get back to work, so I rest my case. :)

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    U

OK this is a sad confession- I Loved Roswell :_| (Sniff sniff- it's gone.)

Slow Learner Thank you for your assistance!

7. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    There's something very unsettling about Pooja's internet lingo preceeding and following his poetry. Both of my sons are excellent spellers and writers, but my little girl has a bad case of dyslexia. When she was 5 years old, I had to give her the phonics program several times and it did nothing to assist her in spelling. I tried different colored sunglasses because it was said that some dyslexics can suddenly understand the words in their right configurations when seeing them through different colored glasses. This also did very little to help her. Finally, I got her involved in an multiplayer online game, and because it was required to type in order to communicate in the game (an essential aspect of it), she learned, one word at a time, one letter at a time, to spell and write AND READ rather quickly. She still suffers with spelling errors and has some trouble with punctuation, but wow, has she come a very long way with that difficult handicap! It's a miracle really.

8. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I loved "Roswell," too. Sniff.

I don't have a pic of my son to put up. My daughter was also dyslexic. She got over it slowly. Both my kids play "EverQuest." She's dating a video game programmer now, 3,000 miles away from mom.

They grow up too fast!

:)

9. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    Recently, she sat down and read the entire Harry Potter series, something she would not have been able to do when she was younger. I'm still amazed when I see her reading.

Concerning "Roswell", he loved it too. In fact, all my kids and I watched it. I enjoyed it, but I preferred "Farscape" if I was going to watch TV.

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I was a huge "X-Files" fan. They should have ended that at season 7 though or 8 at least. The last season was a waste of TV time and talent. Too bad. Was a great show.

I liked "Roswell" because it was "X-Files" teen style.

Small Potatoes:

Mulder: So the father of your baby is an alien?

Girl who is Bart Simpsons voice: What? An Anien? No I said he's from another planet. His name's Luke Skywalker- he's a Jedi Knight.

Mulder to Deep Throat: Cut it w/ this Obi-Wan Kenobi crap!

11. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    UND You have a very handsome son!!

Since we are posting piccys of the kidlets I thought I'd add a link to an older piccy of my little terror.

He is only 8 in this piccy but ..

[image=http://thecrankyone.htmlplanet.com/smirk.jpg]

Hopefully this will work. Sometimes HTML planet is a real Bantha about off site linking and such.

BTW if anyone is intersted the kid is only 9, but he is 4'9" weighs 125 and is in size 10 shoes (bigger feet than mom already). I'm waiting for the local football coach to start camping on my front lawn any day now.

And wiht the hair and freckles in person he looks like he winner of a Tom Saywer look-alike contest. Not that I am bragging or anything. :D

12. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    hehe He's adorable!

13. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Here's something I wrote while at college today, and I wanted some of you to read it but didn't know where else to put it so... I hope you don't mind my borrowing some space here to post it. :)

Several small fires causes the Tusken Raider camp to shimmer in the night sky, setting apart the camp with the rest of the barren lands of Tatooine. Anakin Skywalker kneels at the edge of a cliff overlooking the camp; like a Gargoyle sitting at its perch, ready to strike. A dozen or so huts can be seen, but only the portions illuminated by the glow of flame. One of the bright moons casts a red glow onto the land. This causes a minor red glow in Anakin?s eyes. He leaps down from the cliff after careful examination and strategizing. He lands, unheard and in stealth.

Anakin strifes quickly between huts, striving not to be seen nor heard. He uses his keen Force senses on each hut as an attempt to determine where his mother may be. Anakin discovers a hut that isn?t affected by the fire; a perfect hiding area. He darts to it, and again, he is unnoticed. His senses have brought nothing to him yet. Is his mother not here? Maybe he is at a different settling? Or maybe his mother isn?t in the material plane anymore. No. Anakin knows she isn?t. Something just tells him she is still breathing air. Confident she is near, he continues his search in the twilight of dawn.

The figure of Anakin moves quickly past another hut; yet, this time, he is heard by a Massiff. Anakin dashes to it, calms it, and dashes back into shadow. The creature howls softly, then falls to the ground, asleep. The Force is truly at Anakin?s mercy. He has no trouble using it. Is it because Master Kenobi is an expert trainer, or could he in fact be the Chosen One?

Once again, Skywalker dashes to another hut. His breath gasps; has he located the hut his mother is in? Not taking any chances, Anakin ignites his Jedi weapon, the lightsaber, and quietly carves a hole into the hut. After he engraves an oval shaped circle into the hut, he pushes the wall in. To his fortune, the effect isn?t very soundly. Anakin crawls in, heart pumping rapidly. It doesn?t take him but a second to spot a woman, hanging on a wooden fixture. The fixture is worn and unstable; perhaps very easy to get out of. But an old, dying woman hasn?t the strength to free herself.

Anakin makes his way to her. Her face is dressed in scars, blood stains, and various scratches. She has obviously been tortured for a long peroid of time.

?Mom? mom?? Anakin makes out, with a staggered voice.

?Hold still??

Her son rips the thin ropes that have been ran through her wrists. At the end of the rope is a sharp, pointy object. This appears to have been stabbed into Shmi?s wrists recently. Her torture had just recently ended, and she was left there to die and be fed to the Massiffs. But Anakin won?t allow this. The sight of the way his mother had been strung up was almost too much to bear. The Tuskens hadn?t just tied her up; they actually had her sewed onto the wooden planks with the ropes. They are animals; too cruel to posses any type of human thought. On the outside, they look human. But the inside is a much different, and terrifying persona.

?Son?? Shmi mutters, stuttering and shaken. She is weak and her words come out as nothing but mere whispers.

Anakin continues to loosen the ropes. He cannot just untie them, what with the way they are arranged. So, his lightsaber is ignited and he cuts the ropes that way. He pulls the remaining ropes back through her wrists. When they come through, blood just pours out, as if it had been pressured to stay within her veins. And it had. The blood splatters onto the ground.

Shmi reaches up and touches Anakin?s cheeks soggy from tears.

?Ani? my grown up son, so handsome??

?Mom, just hang in there, please?? Anakin mutters, but not without leaps and pitches in voice.

Anakin covers the holes in Shmi?s wrists, attempting to
    contain the blood flow. Her clothes are dirty and torn in spots. Her entire body is covered in blood stains. Anakin?

14. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    Pooja
    I love your writing, but I think that might go better in the fan fiction forums . Where it can have its own thread. Several of the posters from here have stories and other works over there.

Check it out. And that wasnt' a shameless self plug either. [face_laugh]

edited: becauae I still get EZ codes and HTML mixed up and they don't work well together. LOL. :D

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Zam

Hee hee- cute photo!

Pooja

Whoa dude! Very good and chilling. Sweet!(Sweet as in "Dude you're getting a Dell sweet" not "That's so sweet and cuddly.")

Oh dear lord - those comments of mine are going to open a flurry of comments.

Sorry- I'm all for praising excellent young writers and their ability.

Pooja if you are going to extend things or work on making it into a full on story- head over to the fanfic boards. People would be very excited. :D

16. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Well actually, I wrote that with the confession scene in mind... and another scene with Padme and 3PO, so that it relates to the love story, RELATING to this topic. I'm writing that as we speak.

EDIT:
    PLJ, I understood your "sweet!" comment before you edited...
    ;)

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Pooja-

Yes well I assumed YOU would understand that ...I just wasn't sure about some of the others around here.

Just wanted to cover my bases before others thought I was off my rocker. :p

Oh and you might want to add in the sound of Ani igniting his lightsaber Snap hiss

18. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    So is it decent? Should I make any changes?

(by the way I'm not trying to derail this topic... just trust me when I say when it's all done, you should be glad I'm posting it here)

19. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Pooja,

I heard these were a bunch of deleted scenes from the movie. Are they?

Ladies, you have very cute children. SAy hello.

20. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    That's right.

I'm not making my own stuff up really, just re-writing some scenes and extending stuff. Just trying my hand at it.

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Pooja- it's good- you might want to add some dust flying - add some sounds of Tuskins screaming, the sound of the crackling, hissing lightsaber... just a few extra details like that. Otherwise very good.

22. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Thanks.

ANYWAY, back to the love story...

23. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    That was tres excellente', Pooja!

24. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    Hmmmm, critique it? Eeech. It's nearly perfect. I think if you add too much in the way of the Tusken's reactions and responses, you'll take away from it as being an experience we are encountering first hand, via Anakin's perspective. On the other hand, if you don't investigate what he is seeing, even though he would blank out pretty much everything in favor of blind rage, it would detract from the fact he is encountering opposition from those he is killing. Obviously, they would be shooting at him from a distance as well. I can see him deflecting bolts from their weapons. And as PLJ noted, the sounds of his lightsaber would be ringing in his ears.

25. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Well it is a rough draft, so...

...thanks for the tips really, but I seriously don't want to veer off topic course...

When I get it ALL written and it ties into the love story, we'll talk.
    ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.