main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Official***Magic: The Gathering Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by BigPoppaJabba, Aug 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    OK, so it's not a SW:TCG topic but since we talk about LotR over at the CCG board, I guessed it would be alright to talk MAgic here.

What is the general thought of the game? I happen to like it, though I haven't collected/ played since the first Urza set. My cousin was into it and I casually colelcted it. We had some great duels and even now 4 or 5 years later we refer to things we don't like as "Drudgies" (This was because generally made green/black decks featuring Drudge Skeletons that kept regenerating)

I saw the game in the shop the other day and it was different. Lands now look like portal lands and "Summon" cards say "Creature: X" IS this the norm or just those cards I saw.

It is a shame if this is the general way for the cards. I like the way they were called "summon" because it reflected more that each card was a spell rather than just a creature.

Anyway, how complex are the rules. I used to have no idea until I got an Ice Age starter many years ago and it explained the game beautifully. Now I understand most abilities like trample, banding and first strike.

I'd be interested in hearing if you still play the game and what you think of it's direction and changes.

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Haven't played in about 4 years. It just got too big.

3. yoda4982

yoda4982 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    From my understanding we don't talk about Magic the gathering here due to its large popularity and its other boards on other sites. Don't quote me but Baca got on to me when i tried to start a topic for magic.

4. Kit-Fisto7BA

Kit-Fisto7BA Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2003
    That game is cool,but I haven't bought a pack in a while.

5. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    From my understanding we don't talk about Magic the gathering here due to its large popularity and its other boards on other sites. Don't quote me but Baca got on to me when i tried to start a topic for magic.

We Let any WIzard Products have a Thread here, but im pretty sure not more then 1 ;)

6. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I used to think we shouldn't have Magic threads in here but lately I have been thinking we should have at least one. Especially due to the relation of it being a WotC game also.

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    One thread sounds like a good idea. It's related to Wizards and one thread shouldn't get too out of hand...

8. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Well, I may as well make use of the thread.

I haven't played since I think Mirage came out. How many sets have come out since then??

9. yoda4982

Jul 10, 2002
    ok then, i play alot, but i started last november.

What you asked about the text is true the lands just have the land symbol in the text box and they no longer say summon.

Also they changed the style of the faces now, just this last core set, 8th ed., they face is alot different.

But i love the game i have fun, i started to play thanks in part to Star Wars TCG.

10. ForceMaster101

ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 30, 2003
    Haven't played in about a year but I won like 5 tournaments and I had like the best deck but now my great never beaten deck is in my bookshelf....somewhere.

11. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    I got a question, I've been playing for a long time, but I have never actually had a deck of my own. I was gonna buy a prearranged deck. I wanna get either an Elf, Angel, Goblin, or Kavu deck.which one would be better?

12. yoda4982

Jul 10, 2002
    non of them, but goblins would be best.

13. Kit-Fisto7BA

Kit-Fisto7BA Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2003
    My friend thinks his deck is so cool and powerful,but I plan to beat the crap out of all his stupid Goblins with my deck.I call it my Threat of Mordor deck because it's full of Goblins,Zombies,Ogres,Orggs,and I think later on I'll put a Troll or two in there.

14. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    get a Wizard ;) and find a card with a big eye on it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.