Official March Meeting

Discussion in 'St. Louis, MO' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Jan 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Date: 3/27/04
    Place: probably DarthShoey's
    Food: Pizza
    Time: ??
    Theme: Tabee's Birthday and hard to find Star Wars material (ie Hardware Wars, Holiday SE, Lucas in Love.....)
  2. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    YAY! for my birthday :D (and an excuse to have a party :))

and lots of thanks to Shoey for letting us invade his home :D
  3. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    Come one, come all.

I've got Hardware Wars and a copy of the imfamous SW Holiday Special,(be warned-don't get your hopes up) but I don't have "Lucas in Love".

Anybody got a copy? Or any other rarity ripe for the viewing pleasure of our little group?
  4. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    I have Lucas in Love. If someone has a copy of R2 Beneath the Dome that'd be great.

Stupid 1ppm
  5. Princess_Robin Jedi Master

star 4
    sounds like fun :)

don't have any of the above listed stuff but if it counts i do have one of the animated Ewok movies...
  6. yodaismygod Jedi Master

star 4
    I have Beneath the dome. Somewhere around here I hope I still have The Star Wars Christmas Special. But the special is on cd and not dvd, so thats going to be watched around a computer instead of on a tv. Also, has anyone here seen Art of the Saber? Those guys are good, really good.
  7. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    I think Shoey has the Holiday Special Edition, so don't worry about that. But please bring anything else strange Star Wars.
  8. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, I've got the Holiday (Christmas special) and I've got R2-D2 Beneath the Dome. I've never seen the Art of Saber, but I'd like to. I don't have any of the Droids or Ewok cartoons, but I've got both Ewok movies. Those are pretty common I think, though.

We can run DVD and VHS at the homestead. CD will probably work too, but my computer definitely won't be making the kessel run anytime soon. :)

I'm gonna see if I can get a copy of Thumb Wars as well. I've only seen part of it, but it's SW with all the "acting" done by thumbs.

The Mrs. has given the all clear on the 27th and said she's looking forward to meeting all my trekkie friends. Her words, not mine :)

9. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    "trekkie friends"? I don't know if we can do that now Tim. Kidding, hope you set her straight though. I'm looking forward to this too. I'll see if I can find some stuff beyond Lucas in Love.
  10. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    She still thinks it's funny to tell people I'm a trekkie.

Just remebered, I've got the Lost "Biggs" scenes on a Behind the Magic CD, but I think most have probably already seen those.
  11. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Actually, I haven't seen it.
  12. Bail_Simone Jedi Knight

star 1
    I haven't seen and don't have the Holiday Special. But I have have a VCD of the Duel footage from all of the webdocs, and the "leaked footage" set to Duel Of The Fates. By then, I'll have 2 more webdoc stuff (duel footage) to add to it, another leaked video and then I'll have the ultimate E3 teaser!! :)
  13. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    is my birthday, I demand the Holiday Special be seen first!

please? [face_uberly_cute]
  14. yodaismygod Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry about that Shoey I missed you saying that you had that. Anyway, I have a lot of fanfilms, troops(but of course) Art of the saber, the original star wars kid along with several remixes, couple of films that are Star wars integrated into the Kevin Smith classic clerks. Well, one is clerks/mallrats, maybe another one, I don't remember off hand. Oh! I have the original ANH trailer if anyone is interested.

Anyway, Shoey if you are interested for some of these fan films that I have I could bring my PC, I have a rig set up for going to LAN parties and it wouldn't be much work to bring it with me. Just something to think about. I am offering this in response to your "Kessel Run" comment, mine is nice and quick.
  15. Princess_Robin Jedi Master

star 4
    I have Thumb Wars but it would have to be seen on a comp.
  16. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    yodaismygod - if you want to bring yours along, that would be great. I would bet it's faster than mine.

Sounds like we'll have a lot of options on what to watch.
  17. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    Sounds cool, I'll have to check and see if I can make it to this one.
  18. Princess_Robin Jedi Master

star 4
    well if I knew exactly wehre this was going to be held I could deside how the heck i am going to get there. other wise I will be at work once again during this one
  19. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    I have Thumb Wars on DVD plus every Star Wars fan film... well... pretty much ever.

Also, I've got some strange DVD about Star Wars fans and the Ep I phenomenon.

And Dajuan, I still don't see your fascination with the Holiday Special. I've seen it and it almost destroyed Star Wars for me. That's how bad it was.
  20. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    its morbid curiousity, and its my birthday and I wanna see it!

and Sally, I'll drive ya if you can tell me where your apartment is :p

but yeah, knowing where in Shiloh Shoey be will make life easier :p
  21. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    I live in Windsor Estates at the intersection of Hartman Lane and Frank Scott Parkway.

2248 Haverford Drive, Haverford is the street you're on when you turn into Windsor Estates.

From good ole St. Louis, take 64/40 east to exit 14 (O'Fallon). Make a right off the exit and immediately get in the left turn lane. That's Hartman Lane. When you see Frank Scott Parkway, make the next left and that's Haverford Drive.

I'm just a minute or two from the O'Fallon 15 Cinema if you know where that is.

As the date draws closer, I'll see if I can get a map together for all those interested in coming. :)
  22. Princess_Robin Jedi Master

star 4
    okies,

50 Devon Ct.
    Apt C-4

and as for directions

I went to mapquest...lol cuz I would prolly get ya lost...

1:  Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto W US-50. 0.5 miles

2:  Merge onto I-64 W/US-50 W toward EAST ST LOUIS. 6.5 miles

3:  Take the I-255 S/US-50 W exit toward CHICAGO/MEMPHIS. 0.2 miles

4:  Merge onto I-255 N toward CHICAGO. 8.9 miles

5:  Take the IL-162 exit- exit number 29- toward GLEN CARBON/GRANITE CITY. 0.3 miles

6:  Turn RIGHT onto IL-162 E. 1.9 miles

7:  Turn LEFT onto IL-157 N. 4.7 miles

8:  Turn RIGHT onto UNIVERSITY DR. 0.1 miles

9:  Turn RIGHT onto DEVON CT. <0.1 miles

10:  End at 50 Devon Ct Edwardsville IL

Total Est. Time:  31 minutes Total Est. Distance: 24.75 miles
  23. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    I say we add Comic Book the Movie to our list as well. It will give me a reason to purchase it (like I needed one.) Also, Randy makes a mean crab quesidilla if anyone is interested. It came as a surprise to me as well, considering how he burns most everything else. I'm getting really pumped about this meeting.
  24. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd like to see that one as well. Crab quesadillas sounds very interesting. If he's willing to make 'em, I'm willing to try 'em.
  25. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Ahh a brave one you are.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.