St. Lou, MO Official March Meeting

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Jan 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthShoey Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I should be able to handle it. I was thinking about taking off that Friday afternoon (to clean house and such). I can get a head start the night before.

To be honest, most of the stuff I make, I just throw in the crock pot. Add some BBQ sauce or some teriaki(sp)? sauce and your good. It's easy, So it's no biggie. My problem is remembering to turn things off, i.e. the afore-mentioned crock pot. If it starts smoking, chances are it's done. :)

As long as someone reminds me to turn everything off later in the evening, we should be in good shape.

Chicken wings are the only item with some real prep time. But depending on how many people are coming, it might not be a big deal either. If it's only 5-7 people coming, 5 - 15 lbs oughta do it. If more are coming, we can do 20 - 25 lbs or more. Prepp'in by my lonesome is no big deal, I'll just start a little sooner.

2. Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Arighty, well we're here if you need us. Your cooking method is like mine sometimes, it's smoking it's done. Also count one less for the wings, they give me bad belly aches.
  3. DarthShoey Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thanks Dajuan! I appreciate the offer and I may still take you up on it. Like I said, as the day gets closer we should be able to better plan.

4. Princess_Robin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    hmmm chicken wings...yummy.....hmmm I could also bring along some potatoe salad and deviled eggs....

suddenly I feel like cooking....
  5. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight

star 5
    funny, I feel like eating (you have no idea what I would do for a home cooked meal at this point...)

I will be there, my folks and I are having "issues" with my plans for spring break... but I will definately be at this thing (how many CRs can say they managed to convince their FF to have a meeting and subtly refer to it as their birthday party? :p)

is there anything you need us to bring? trashbags? ice cream... cake (chocolate... *hint hint*)

ugh, I better get my homework done... yay civil war [face_plain]

6. DarthShoey Jedi Padawan

star 4
    cake and ice cream would be appropriate for a birthday party, most definitely!

Seriously guys, bring whatever you'd like to bring.
    As long as your posting in here what you're bringing, we shouldn't end up with 15 bowls of jello salad :)

History class? I loved studying the Civil War!
  7. Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Well damn, there goes my idea.
  8. DarthShoey Jedi Padawan

star 4
    O.K. maybe 3 or 4 bowls of jello salad will acceptable ;)
  9. Princess_Robin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    well I can diffanly confirm soda and cups....as it gets closer to the date I can confirm the potatoe salad and deviled eggs based on if I have gone shopping or not...lol
  10. Sith-Kazar Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Ooo, a meeting! I whanna Come! I haven't been checking the posts lately due to overwhelming school work. I may need a lift from that nearby Metrolink station though. I know what I'd bring, Wookiee Cookies!!! Have any of you ever tried them? Ther're pretty much the only good recipe in the SW cookbook. There basically chocolate chip cookies with cinnamon. I love them!
  11. Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Kaz, you're way behind the times. Wookie Cookies were so RotK. Kidding bring them along, I happen to be addicted.
  12. DarthJurist Admin Emeritus

star 5
    Wookie Cookies were so RotK.

*snicker*

To be fair, I'm open to a creative explanation of how Wookie Cookies factored into the Return of King. Some long, lost Hobbit recipie, perhaps. Or perhaps some Orc weapon of mass destruction. :D

~H~
  13. Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Alright, I guess that does deserve an explaination. Right before our RotK movie party, I made hundreds of Wookie Cookies. I even snuck some into the theater with us. (I blame that on Tabee's cookie request ;))
  14. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight

star 5
    yes... blame me...

but only if someone brings a chocolate cake to this thing *hint hint*

I hope I'm being subtle...
  15. DarthShoey Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Subtle as a brick to the head :) I got it covered.

A metrolink pickup won't be a problem. I could do it myself, but that means someone will have to be at the house to let people in.

Or is there anybody on this side of the river that would be able to make a metrolink pickup?

Oh Yeah! Bring the WOOKIE COOKIES!
  16. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight

star 5
    I can do a metro pick up :)

just go to college station... um... not sure what time would be good?
  17. DarthShoey Jedi Padawan

star 4
    That would be great Tabee. I believe we're gonna get started at 5:00 and go from there. So if you'd like to coordinate a time that works, we'll leave it up to you!
  18. Sith-Kazar Jedi Youngling

star 1
    just tell me what station the pick up will be at. I would be traveling from the airport station.
  19. DarthShoey Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I think she's referring to the Southwestern Illinois Community College stop.

That right Tabee?

(Is that the end of the line?)
  20. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight

star 5
    yep, college station is the one I'm talking about

and no, it isn't the end, it now ends at Shiloh-Scott, but I'm not sure where that is.

um.. times.. I think that it will take about an hour or so to get from the airport to the college (I really should know, I've ridden that way about 4 times now..) if you can get your hands on a metro pamphlet thing it will say how long it takes to get to different stations. I know my folks have one at home.. but I don't have one here :p
  21. Princess_Robin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    um...it takes about 45mins to an hour to get to the college station from 5th adn MO. station (based on what time I checked my watch the last time I rode the thing and what not) So I would imagin it would take a bit more than an hour from the airport. Just thought I would let y'all know that. :)
  22. DarthShoey Jedi Padawan

star 4
    How many might need a ride?
  23. Sith-Kazar Jedi Youngling

star 1
    This would be one person
  24. dudeman Jedi Youngling

star 3
    hey wow, i been away from the boards for a while and you all went and planned a party while i was gone. no matter i cant go anyway, i swear i have the worst luck when it comes to making these meetings, my rugby team is going to indiana to play four games, and it's the 27 and the 28, so i definately cant go. this sucks! why do i always gotta be so busy? oh well, just remember me when you are all diving down into those chicken wings! and btw have very very happy birthday tabee
  25. DarthShoey Jedi Padawan

star 4
    We'll catch you next time dudeman. I look forward to meeting you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.