main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Official March Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Jan 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    isn't about the March meeting, but has anyone else tried the Guinness Draught in a bottle? and if so, were they equally freaked out by the big piece of plastic that they shove in every bottle?

It made me think of "Strange Brew",(throughly entertaining movie) when they have the mouse in bottle, trying to get free beer. The other night, when I had my first Guinness (in a bottle) and that piece of plastic came up to my lip, I could only think of one thing ..... mouse carcass.

The banner made me think of it. And this is the only time of year I toss back a couple of Guinness

2. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    Never had Guinness.

The only fancy beer I've ever had is Amber Bock. It's too thick for me. Budweiser is about as thick as I like.

However, my drink of choice on St. Patty's Day is Lemon-Lime Gatorade/Gordon's Vodka. A tasty beverage if I do say so myself. And it also doesn't look suspicious when you're walking across campus with it. I'm on number 2 so far. Who's with me?!?!?

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Guinness=motor oil

Tried it twice, once after a huricane when I couldn't taste much and once a couple days later. The first time it tasted great, but then if you know me you know what that hurricane did to me. The second, far more sober time it tasted like motor oil, same consistancy as well.

I am interested in that plastic thing though.

Strange Brew that movie is just wrong. Gotta love Bob and Doug though. "Sorry I ralphed on your shoes"

4. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    quigon_brian - have a great day and have one for me (maybe two). St. Patty's day during my college years ---sigh--- fond, fond memories. Someday I'll have to tell you about my St. Patty's on Spring break when we went to Mexico and the Grand Canyon (not a normal combo, I know) It's one of my favorite drink'in stories. Good times, good times.

Dajuan - C'mon now it's not THAT bad. :) I've had some really nasty german beers, that quite literally, looked like water down syrup. But tasted worse. :p
    Sort of like a fish cake :)

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Fish cake, ouch below the belt there! No, the beer was that bad. Brazilian beer was just as bad. Beer in general is not my thing. Tried all types, but just cannot find one I can stomach. Now rum and amaretto are another subject. One of those two poisons will be heading over to your place next weekend.

6. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    If you like the coconut rum, I've got plenty of Malibu already. Amaretto I don't have though.

Do you remember the name of the Brazilian beer?

7. quigon_brian

Aug 16, 2001
    I had some German beer when I was down in Orlando last semseter. God, those German chicks could out drink any guy I know. It was rediculous.
    And yes their beer was quite thick as well.

And yes, I'm on number 5. I'll keep you all up to date as the day goes on.

8. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    Well, I have to work until 8:30pm this evening (gotta love those 12 hour days), but after that I'm meeting the wife for a couple of cold frosties.

Here's to ya! Cheers!

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I don't think I even knew the name of the beer. Probably in Portuages (sp?) anyway.

I look forward to your subsequent posts Bri.

10. quigon_brian

Aug 16, 2001
    Just finished number 6 during media writing.
    It was so great, I sit down in class and start talking to somebody and out of nowhere, the girl next to me says "My god, does anybody else smell cheap vodka?" I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Apparently, vodka is very easy to smell on people's breath. Who knew?

I think I'm gonna slow down though because i have to give a 45 minute presentation on Final Cut Pro in my Mac user group at 5:30. But I'll be starting back up at about 7:00.

11. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    well you sound like you are havins some good times what with all the beer you have downed in about, say, 5 hours or so?

12. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    I believe it was Vodka, dudeman. I, personally, can not drink it anymore. Except when it's in a white russian. I loves me some white russians!!

13. dudeman

Jun 19, 2002
    my apologies, that just makes it 3 times easier for him to not remember any of this tomorrow morning

14. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    Amen to that, brother dudeman!

15. quigon_brian

Aug 16, 2001
    Okay, the presentation went off without a hitch. On to the beer.
    And just so you know dudeman, I put about 3 shots in each one of my drinks.

Have a good night everyone, I may post a little later if I come back by my house.

And Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

16. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    Be safe and have fun!

17. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I'll still be in town. So I suppose I'll come honour you all with my presence. :p

18. dudeman

Jun 19, 2002
    what's the count up to brian?

19. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Alright, head count!!

Coming
    Shoey/Tim
    Tabee
    DarthTrader/Eric
    Dajuan & Randy
    VoijaRisa/Jon
    SithKazar

Who'd I miss?

20. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    My wife is trying to get out of her work trip. Not sure if she can or not, but she might be home after-all.

21. quigon_brian

Aug 16, 2001
    I could have sworn I posted last night when I got home.
    Anyway, I did end up drinking green beer. Someone brought over some food coloring and I learned a very valuable lesson. For a normal sized cup, you only need ONE drop of food coloring. Not several. If you put in way too much, it turns your teeth green.

All in all, a pretty successful St. Patty's Day. I was strugling this morning, but I proudly made it to my first class of the day at 1:30.

Sorry to hijack this thread with my alcoholism.
    Back on topic. Have fun at the meeting everyone.

22. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I think I'll be there, but may be late. My friend's daughter is having a birthday party that afternoon. It always seems like I miss the meetings close to me but get to the ones farther away. Weird.

23. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    Hi diva - come by if you can, no worries if you're late. We'll be there.

24. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I only live a few minutes from you. The birthday party is at 2:30 so I shouldn't be too late as long as my parents are around to watch the kiddos...if not I have to wait for my husband to get home. Who knows...I may be able to bring him too.

25. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    That would be great. At least I'd have one smok'in buddy :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.