main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**Official** MEDIA reviews of AOTC -- your reactions

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by jasman, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. endboss

endboss Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 1998
    Looks like. ;)

2. Yodave27

Yodave27 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    I swear to you if Binary comes in here on the 16th praising Lucas, I might have to be committed to a hospital....for the insane.....

3. JBFett

JBFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Mike,
    Great review....your my hero of today... ha!

very happy for you and that you enjoyed it.

4. Darth_Payback

Darth_Payback Jedi Master star 1

May 14, 2001
    Binary or Ree Yees...

5. JBFett

Feb 15, 2002
    I just want to put this page on the top of the list

:)

when is that home theatre review coming out btw?

6. The_Mighty_Chewbacca

The_Mighty_Chewbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    I just checked out countingdown.com and the Star Wars link on the side bar is down. The page is being updated! Perhaps the review will be out tonight!

Edit: Fixed the link, check back soon! The review might be out tonight!

7. dash101

dash101 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    [image=http://www.datecc.de/bilder/woag/bilder/sonderzeichen/sonderzeichen13d.gif]

-dash101

8. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    It's so nice to see positive reviews! I remeber being heartbroken when the critics started bashing TPM. Things are looking up.

9. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    This post refers to a few reviews I have read plus the media coverage in magazines, talk shows, and MTV.

Why is it in the nature of most people to analyze Star Wars one film at a time, and seperatley from one another, when even the most casual of film goer surely at least recognizes the fact that they are all part of the same story?

It perturbs me a little more every time somebody compares EPII as being or going to be WAY better than TPM, or even one of the other films. When People say I like ESB more than ROTJ or vice versa. You get the point.

Nobody goes around saying "Well, Twin Towers is going to be soooo much better than The Fellowship of the Ring "
    Nor do you read a book and say "Boy Chapters 6-10 were so much better than chapters 1-5!"

Take films with lots of sequils like The Bond Movies or Blade. Same characters and such but in a completeley different situation that has absolutley nothing to do with the previous one.

To be fair, some sagas like the soon Matrix saga and even The Mummy movies do have somwhat of a connected story. BUt few where planned that way from the start like Star Wars.

All I ask is that EPII and III be talked about as such.

The film was good because . . .
    The film was not so good because . . .

NOT
    This film is better than this episode because . . .

Thanks for your time, I hope there are those who would agree with me . . . End Rant

10. a2dmusic

a2dmusic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    Did you put this here because your own thread got closed? Will we be lucky enough to see this post in more threads, too? I'm looking forward to that!

11. SmackFu4u

SmackFu4u Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    LOL @ a2dmusic

12. JediNathan

JediNathan Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    Go change your nappy Skywalk. It's just somebodies opinion. I mean they are only film critics, and are doing their job, perhaps not a good one to some extent, but still we get the basic idea.

Look at it this way...if I was a camel and had two humps, would that mean I'm a humpy camel? No, it would mean I had two humps. LOL sorry just tryin to confuse and abuse the best way I can.

I'm bored, maybe I will get banned for this?? Will I??

13. Guybrush

Guybrush Jedi Master star 3

Oct 18, 2001
    Houston's Fox station says they have a review of Attack of the clones after movie. They said it was an unauthorized review. We will see at the news tonight.

14. a2dmusic

Mar 4, 2001
    Keep us posted, Guy! All they're doing on the news here in NYC is a story about the people lined up to get tickets... (wish I had the time to join them. Gotta see it first night!)

15. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    No I posted my little rant here because it was suggested I do so- you won't see it anywhere else. I believed strongly enough in this to bring it up but It was well thought out in my opinion so please don't flame me.

If you don't agree thats GREAT because that is part of the reason I even brought it up was to invoke discussion- but if it bothers you THAT much I am sorry and just ignore me- simple as that.

16. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
  17. JediNathan

JediNathan Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    Sorry Skywalk, I'm only playing around. I actually like a rebel. Someone that goes against the grain.

18. yodaluke-wan

yodaluke-wan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    check out countingdown.com, they have review. decide for yourself if its true or not. it gives it a positive review.

19. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    Its OK- It would't have been so bad but that other guy laughed at me too! :p

20. JBFett

Feb 15, 2002
    where is this said review

21. a2dmusic

Mar 4, 2001
    I was just being a little sarcastic. Didn't mean to really bother you. Sorry. ;)

But I don't agree with your premise; you say reviewers should look at it as one long story - the problem is, though the saga is one arc, we are given only a piece at a time. That's why your comparison to chapters of a book doesn't hold up. Of COURSE you don't say "chapters 3 - 5 were good" because you were given the whole book.

That said, what we should really do is look back to the 19th century, when many novels WERE serialized, like Dickens work. One chapter at a time, over the course of... well, depended on the length of the book, but some time.

I'll bet you dollars to donuts that people judged each section as they read it. Sure, they probably ALSO said to themselves, "we need to look at the rest of this before a FINAL judgment." But people are pretty predictable creatures, and we have a need to make instand judgment about things - categorization and pidgeon-holing helps us make sense of a world of too much stimulation. We need ot do it. People will judge it as it happens.

It doesn't mean they won't reconsider that judgment in the face of further information, when it becomes available.

22. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    That countingdown.com review is okay, but it read more like an expose of Episode I than anything to me...

23. Guybrush

Guybrush Jedi Master star 3

Oct 18, 2001
    So far nothing yet, I'm sure it's one of those end of the news things.

24. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I don't follow LOTR very well but I know this. The second movie is called the Two Towers. Not the Twin Towers. Let's try and remember that please. It's starting to bother me after seeing about 20 people call it that. Thanks. ;)

25. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    HERE is a link to CountingDown.com's review.

Like I said, it reads more like an Episode I article than anything. I just wish people would get over it. Sheesh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.